HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jul 06, 2014, 02:14 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Jan 2013
138 Posts
Discussion
Why won't my F18 fly?

I bought a Skyangel Nano F18 35mm. I just can't seem to get it to fly.

TAKE 1

Completely stock PNF. Ran it on 2S Nano techs. It would sort of fly/glide for about 3 car lengths then come down fairly gentle slightly nose first. Tried full power, 80% power. Moved the battery back and forth. But it just seemed like it didn't have enough power to fly.

TAKE 2

Upgraded to a 12amp Turnighy Plush and some 3S batteries. I checked out the CG and it's between 33-36mm. If I throw the plane with no power on it glides fairly level for a car length or so. A bit like a paper airplane would and comes down slightl nose first.

With power on when you throw it, it just flips and twirls. Completely unpredictable and will land in a heap in any orientation only 3-10 feet away.

Again I've tried moving the battery forwards and backwards to try and eliminate a CG issue. But no matter what I did it appeared to have little or no affect.

Really looking for some help as I'm kind of out of ideas if what to look at now.

ChickenDrumstick is offline Find More Posts by ChickenDrumstick
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread