We flew till dark and then watched a movie at Johns
Great to be with old friends
Nothing beats a Friday night at Kenny's
Graves brought up some mini Radians
They fly great. Still a few
Kits left for sale on the table
Ed
fruitguy is offline Find More Posts by fruitguy
Last edited by fruitguy; May 04, 2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old May 03, 2014, 06:01 PM
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Apr 2009
965 Posts
Today

I enjoyed flying today and it was a pleasure meeting everybody. See you all tomorrow. Hopefully the sun will come out. Here are a few pics I took today. Regards
Chuck Stasek
EnigmaSoar is offline Find More Posts by EnigmaSoar
Old May 03, 2014, 07:35 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Coral Springs FL
Joined May 2002
680 Posts
Well Satuday's flying went well but a little wet. We only got four rounds in and the fourth was interupted by rain.

Tomorrow is looking to be perfect weather....

Here are the final scores for the event today. Congratulations to the winners and all who participated in the fun.

See you tomorrow

Radian
www.phflyers.com
Radian is offline Find More Posts by Radian
Old May 04, 2014, 04:51 PM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Apr 2012
121 Posts
That was the first TD compotition I have been to and it was fun
myerss17 is offline Find More Posts by myerss17
Old May 04, 2014, 05:37 PM
Ed White
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Feb 2007
888 Posts
Great time this weekend
Sunday was beautiful
Congrats to the winners
You really had to be on your game to beat the top pilots.
Congrats to the winners.
Especially Ray for winning expert with an electric.
Thanks to Kenny and the stinky hill gang.
Oh well, it is always great to be at Kenny's.
Nothing like an evening on the grass with friends.
Ed
fruitguy is offline Find More Posts by fruitguy
Last edited by fruitguy; May 05, 2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old May 04, 2014, 09:13 PM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,185 Posts
Thanks to Kenny for allowing us to use his great venue.
Thanks to Jamie and all the Popmano guys for hosting the contest.
In my opinion the Mixed ALES and TD worked pretty good, our main intention as to attract ALES flyers to TD contests and that it did. Please keep in mind that this is an experiment that will get tweaked from time to time. Your inout would be greatly appreciated. Next time we are going to try seperate landing tape for ALES similar to official ALES tapes but with 100 points max instead of 50.
Welcome Scott and Noah to the the world of TD, hope to see you more often.
Raed
raed5 is offline Find More Posts by raed5
Old May 04, 2014, 10:07 PM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,185 Posts
ALES landing tape

Here is my suggestion:
100 point landing tape same length as TD tape (300 inch) graduated in 5 point increments (5-10-15-...100) that makes each gradutaion 15 inches long, and no skegs.
Let me know what you think.
Raed
Old May 04, 2014, 10:07 PM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Apr 2012
121 Posts
Raed,

Thanks to you and all our great new friends we had the privilege of meeting and flying with this weekend. And thank you for the kind words and encouragement y'all sent Noah's way, the last post sent from my user name was from Noah, he really dug it this weekend and told me all about it for 7 hours on the way home!!

Can't wait to fly with y'all again soon,

Sincerely,

Scott
myerss17 is offline Find More Posts by myerss17
Old May 05, 2014, 06:00 AM
AECS USN RET. P3 FE
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Mar 2004
676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raed5 View Post
Here is my suggestion:
100 point landing tape same length as TD tape (300 inch) graduated in 5 point increments (5-10-15-...100) that makes each gradutaion 15 inches long, and no skegs.
Let me know what you think.
Raed
JMHO,But !!
I don't think a separate tape is necessary. The fliers getting the 100 point landings were the fliers that practice landings 3-4 hours a week. If the ALES fliers put in that much work (myself included) the landing points would be there.However the skegs were nice to have as the only planes sliding through the "zone" were skegless non-dorkers
Allan
allanp is offline Find More Posts by allanp
Old May 05, 2014, 07:20 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Coral Springs FL
Joined May 2002
680 Posts
Sunday turned out to be a picture perfect day for soaring.

The contest was lot's of fun. We meet new faces and enjoyed time with old friends.

Here's Sunday's Final scores.

Radian
www,phflyers.com
Radian is offline Find More Posts by Radian
Old May 05, 2014, 12:02 PM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,185 Posts
videos

Took videos of the two man tow action Saturday evening:
IMG 0335 (1 min 11 sec)

IMG 0336 (0 min 17 sec)

IMG 0337 (0 min 58 sec)

IMG 0338 (0 min 21 sec)

IMG 0339 (0 min 29 sec)

IMG 0341 (1 min 5 sec)
Old May 05, 2014, 12:59 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
ft.lauderdale, FL
Joined Nov 2008
56 Posts
Well thanks to all that participated and came out this past weekend, to Kenny for providing a great venue, Raed for bringing and setting up the winches, Paul for keeping things organized at the scoring table and all the guys that pitched in and helped. Saw a new junior Noah flying with his father Scott, he may be listed as a novice be he flew like an expert! I would have to agree with Raed mixing ALES with WLS did work well and we didn't appear to have any conflicts between the two, we did get a few more flyers too that may not have been there if it wasn't mixed. We kept all launches to one at a time and the ALES launch setup was aprox. 15-20 feet to the outside of our two winches, the ALES launch area had a standby area and a few feet in front of that was the launch area, orange cones marked the area . Once the planes were in the air rules were pretty much the same for both with the exception being that an ALES plane that powered up anytime during his flight would recieve a zero for that round. I'm looking forward to seeing how this evolves in the future! Thanks again

Jamie
jwmercado is offline Find More Posts by jwmercado
Old May 05, 2014, 01:10 PM
AECS USN RET. P3 FE
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Mar 2004
676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmercado View Post
Well thanks to all that participated and came out this past weekend, to Kenny for providing a great venue, Raed for bringing and setting up the winches, Paul for keeping things organized at the scoring table and all the guys that pitched in and helped. Saw a new junior Noah flying with his father Scott, he may be listed as a novice be he flew like an expert! I would have to agree with Raed mixing ALES with WLS did work well and we didn't appear to have any conflicts between the two, we did get a few more flyers too that may not have been there if it wasn't mixed. We kept all launches to one at a time and the ALES launch setup was aprox. 15-20 feet to the outside of our two winches, the ALES launch area had a standby area and a few feet in front of that was the launch area, orange cones marked the area . Once the planes were in the air rules were pretty much the same for both with the exception being that an ALES plane that powered up anytime during his flight would recieve a zero for that round. I'm looking forward to seeing how this evolves in the future! Thanks again

Jamie
3 ALES planes in the trees/off field Sunday...... So much for the "MYTH" that ALES fliers are more prone to taking risk because they can power up anytime. None of the off field ALES fliers wanted a zero round due to motor use
allanp is offline Find More Posts by allanp
Old May 05, 2014, 01:22 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
ft.lauderdale, FL
Joined Nov 2008
56 Posts
Nice video Raed, had fun doing that!

Jamie
jwmercado is offline Find More Posts by jwmercado