HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:45 AM
United States, SD, Union Center
Joined Jun 2013
87 Posts
Discussion
New RC Blimp in action!

Got my new Met Life RC Blimp in and after a few runs I have mastered it. A little slow but stable. Its neat but serves no other purpose. I never knew I would stray from rc cars so much! Enjoy!

First Flight- My new Mach IIIz RC Blimp (1 min 53 sec)
makuloco2000 is offline Find More Posts by makuloco2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:52 AM
Germany, RP, Weißenthurm
Joined Jun 2013
273 Posts
@makuloco2000
Tell me more: Material, Price, etc
Stereodreieck is offline Find More Posts by Stereodreieck
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:39 PM
Joined Jun 2013
87 Posts
Not released yet, I am beta testing it for them.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 02:16 PM
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,868 Posts
How about some close ups. Seeing a dot in the sky means nothing. Specifications, specifications. Also from photo and transmitter shown it does not appear to be over four/five foot. Always interested in detail. ed
Ed Couch is offline Find More Posts by Ed Couch
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:29 PM
Joined Jun 2013
87 Posts
Ok you all got me its a real blimp! It was all just so perfect I had to record. What are the chances I have my rc helicopter remote in my hand and this thing is overhead. In the end I am actually interested in rc blimps now, just recently got into helicopters after being and rc car guy forever. I looked and all the blimps I see for sale are toy grade mylar balloon type. Are there any framed up airships out there like the real ones? What is a good brand? Again sorry for the goof, hope you all got a laugh anyway.........
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:14 AM
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,868 Posts
I suspected such in the way it moved. Also you need to be more gentle on the sticks. Banging the sticks with no results on the vehicle is pretty much a dead give away. Honestly there is no cheap way to get into this segment of the hobby. Operating cost is high due to the helium cost and other factors and in most cases the vehicles carry very little in payload. Figure on spending several thousand dollars on a vehicle over eight to ten foot long that can carry something like a Go Pro camera or such. My smallest commerical vehicle is a 7.5 footer that will carry a small FPV unit and drop a few coupons without reloading. It can never be utilized outdoors on even a no wind day and thats just a fact. There are a couple of places on the net that you used to buy components for units under 8 foot and build your own but I have not seen anything lately. Its just not as simple to do as one would think. Luck any which way you go. Also review the existing threads as there is a lot of general information on construction and component selection available. Spend a little time and read a bit. ed
Ed Couch is offline Find More Posts by Ed Couch
Last edited by Ed Couch; Sep 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:26 PM
Joined Jun 2013
87 Posts
Thanks!