HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2013, 10:38 AM
Joined May 2013
12 Posts
Discussion
Syma X1 quadcopter flown inside State Capitol building

I got to fly a Syma X1 throughout the Oklahoma State Capitol. It made for a fun place to fly as it is 5 stories tall with open rotundas throughout, as well as lots of interested spectators.

Syma X1 Quadcopter at the Oklahoma State Capitol (2 min 36 sec)
Cbotics is offline Find More Posts by Cbotics
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2013, 01:37 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,033 Posts
Really cool! I'm an ex-Okie (Texians tell me that the Border Patrol is guarding the wrong border). I have been in the capitol building many times (prior to the dome being completed) and used to work there. Looks like a lot of fun, and I am pretty confident you didn't just walk in and start flying. I suppose they gave their okay to it.

I didn't see a keychain cam on it. Would have been cool to see that perspective.
dapple63 is offline Find More Posts by dapple63
Old May 14, 2013, 02:02 PM
Joined Jan 2013
664 Posts
LOL nice!!!!
Tboost is offline Find More Posts by Tboost
Old May 15, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined May 2013
12 Posts
We were at the State Capitol building giving a demonstration of our robotics program. Since there wasn't room for our biggest robots we used the mini quad to get some attention and have some fun.
Cbotics is offline Find More Posts by Cbotics
Old May 16, 2013, 08:12 AM
Joined Jun 2005
1,033 Posts
Kind of a bit off topic, but when I was there I was helping to put together Oklahoma's first telemedicine system (one of the first in the nation). The Daily Oklahoman had interviewed then Lt. Gov. Mary Fallin about the system. Why they picked this quote for the article, I don't know. But I can recite its absurdity to this day:

"Technology is a thing of the future."

I cannot possibly think of Mary Fallin without thinking of this quote.

BTW - people diminish the role of Lt. Governor, but while then Gov. Frank Keating was buried in an avalanche of issues post-OKC bombing, it was Mary Fallin and staff that began to work with us on the issue of addressing and improving the coordinated emergency services response to disaster and trauma.
dapple63 is offline Find More Posts by dapple63