Old Today, 01:10 PM
United Kingdom, England, Worcester
Joined May 2010
726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
Bang a kk2 in the wing and naze on the tri.....my versa wing will get a kk2
Tempted, tis just the size of the KK that puts me off :]

Hardly ever fly the Tri so I was just tempted to leave it with the KK in purely due to that
Add1ct3dd is offline Find More Posts by Add1ct3dd
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 01:42 PM
United Kingdom, England, Irlam
Joined Nov 2005
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupaboy View Post
I have a few kk2.0 boards but i really want to get into GPS flight without having to spend much. I was given the multiwii pro with GPS for free. I also like the idea of carefree mode. (flying without worry for orientation)

Thanks anyway tho. i did want to buy a DJI phantom so that when i crash and burn it i can open it up and play with the Naza and the gps.
You should try the crius aiop with megapirateng its a port of apm, I have it on my quad its really good it does loiter, rth, carefree mode(although its called something else )waypoints, follow me mode everything that apm does and its pretty cheap and quite easy to setup. Apm planner is a great gui/groundstation aswell.
Gavnthat is offline Find More Posts by Gavnthat
Old Today, 01:46 PM
United Kingdom, England, Richmond
Joined Mar 2014
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnthat View Post
You should try the crius aiop with megapirateng its a port of apm, I have it on my quad its really good it does loiter, rth, carefree mode(although its called something else )waypoints, follow me mode everything that apm does and its pretty cheap and quite easy to setup. Apm planner is a great gui/groundstation aswell.
yeah i was told to put mega pirate on my multiwii but i first want to build the tricopter and then if i want more i will try megapirate. For now I'm happy with trying to do the hardware since I'm awful at software
soupaboy is offline Find More Posts by soupaboy
Old Today, 01:50 PM
United Kingdom, England, Irlam
Joined Nov 2005
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupaboy View Post
yeah i was told to put mega pirate on my multiwii but i first want to build the tricopter and then if i want more i will try megapirate. For now I'm happy with trying to do the hardware since I'm awful at software
I didnt know you could run megapirate on the multiwii pro, yeah once you get it setup and flying give it a go its not that bad to setup and it is really good to fly, I went with it as a cheaper version of apm.
Gavnthat is offline Find More Posts by Gavnthat
Old Today, 02:21 PM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,275 Posts
might grab another KK2 for some more VTOL play...

Anyone bringing the recovery multi, to a) fetch distanced quads, or b) grab them from tree tops? =D
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Old Today, 02:25 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,090 Posts
Seen this?
FPV Ban Explained (Like You're An Idiot) (10 min 10 sec)
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 02:49 PM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Didnt want to press play...dat pic yo.

Just ranting about the amount of idiots out there flying phantoms...lets get him on the forum!!!! =D
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Old Today, 02:54 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,262 Posts
taken a looong time to upload!

Mousie Tricopter (2 min 23 sec)
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Today, 03:26 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,047 Posts
Quote:
the ending it funny.... is he trying to say that his is bigger than ours ???
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Today, 04:02 PM
United Kingdom, Monmouthshire
Joined Apr 2014
79 Posts
Been having trouble starting my multi; instead of the four beeps in increasing pitch I get three and then a repeating tone afterwards.

I shot a quick video to show what I mean but you'll have to ignore the discovery buzzer.
Naze32 ESC Tones (0 min 31 sec)

Also the motors twitch a tiny amount but this isn't perceptible in the video. On my AXN something similar happened as a result of non zero throttle to begin with, I had to lower the offset from the radio and then it would work.
seebuyfly is offline Find More Posts by seebuyfly
Old Today, 04:11 PM
United Kingdom, England, Richmond
Joined Mar 2014
193 Posts
Quote:
lol you know this guy had a rc plane crash when he was a kid. Traumatised ever since
soupaboy is offline Find More Posts by soupaboy
Old Today, 04:23 PM
chicken nuggets
Joined Aug 2011
206 Posts
Check ESC cables are orientated correctly. Signal (white or yellow) to the keyways. Seen plenty doing what yours is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebuyfly View Post
Been having trouble starting my multi; instead of the four beeps in increasing pitch I get three and then a repeating tone afterwards.

I shot a quick video to show what I mean but you'll have to ignore the discovery buzzer.
http://youtu.be/JG66iM9tYq4

Also the motors twitch a tiny amount but this isn't perceptible in the video. On my AXN something similar happened as a result of non zero throttle to begin with, I had to lower the offset from the radio and then it would work.
HeliHaven is offline Find More Posts by HeliHaven
Old Today, 05:54 PM
UK, Sussex.
Joined Nov 2005
476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Add1ct3dd View Post
I've found cheap and GPS don't tend to mix too well, but GL!
So true, I stuck a chap one on my Naze, it worked when it was stationary but as soon as you try and move anywhere it was useless.
ThomasWF is online now Find More Posts by ThomasWF
Old Today, 06:39 PM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
Sell the multi Wii for as much as you can and buy a Naza Lite........you will love it.
Now there's sense of irony.. The nazeŁ2 is a multiwii controller. The only difference between the MWC pro and the naze32 is the 32 bit processor ( and a faster clock)

Soupy:
(1) I assume that you have proven the motor /ESC combo to work with a normal receiver output?
(2) The motor channels move around depending on the frame type (I.E. tri) and whether you have a camera gimbal enabled. check the documentation carefully so that you are sure which output is actually going to drive the tail motor for your chosen config.
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Today, 06:55 PM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
Love it!
H did very well with the flight gear for her mouse.
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer