SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2009, 06:25 AM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
Question
What cubic wing loading for good 3D?

Earlier this year I stalled a Sebart Katana 1.20 down low doing a harrier and five months later I've decided I can't live without it and ordered another. In the process I agonised for a couple of hours about the decision, balancing up cost, size, frequency of flying and other things.

I anticipate coming in about 10.5 lbs for a cubic wing loading of about 6.8 ounces per ft3. On the other hand a parkflyer like the PA ultimate or MPX acromaster ends up at about 4 ounces ft3.

So for these bigger planes what's the right cubic loading to do good 3D? Good 3D for me means a steady torque roll and nice harriers.
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch
to remove ads between posts