SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 11:30 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2014
11 Posts
Its unfortunate that they didn't update a few things, other than the paint scheme, when they came out with the Island Wings version. I would have really liked the windows to be corrected. Too costly I guess.

The problems with the first edition beaver,( paint coming off if ANYTHING is adhered to it), has carried over to the Island Wings edition. Even with 2 coats of Minwax Polycrylic clear coat, painters tape lightly applied will peel the paint off!
Vancouverrc is online now Find More Posts by Vancouverrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:19 PM
United Kingdom, East Susx
Joined Aug 2008
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouverrc View Post
Its unfortunate that they didn't update a few things, other than the paint scheme, when they came out with the Island Wings version. I would have really liked the windows to be corrected. Too costly I guess.

The problems with the first edition beaver,( paint coming off if ANYTHING is adhered to it), has carried over to the Island Wings edition. Even with 2 coats of Minwax Polycrylic clear coat, painters tape lightly applied will peel the paint off!
Truth be told, I don't think there is a paint or a foam preparation that really bonds and resists masking tape or light scuffing. Guess that's the 'price' you pay for a foam model.

R
reprobate is online now Find More Posts by reprobate