SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:29 PM
Croatia, County of Zagreb, Velika Gorica
Joined Dec 2011
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
Remember though that in China they are celebrating Chinese New Years from now until the 31st. Expect a backlog and some delays even after the 31st.

John
I'm not in a hurry - if the price will be good
nick007shadow is offline Find More Posts by nick007shadow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:33 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
There is a dual rate indicator. It just isn't what you expected if you're familiar with how Nine Eagles does it.

Basically, there is a icon that shows the stick's range of motion. Move your aileron stick to it's extremity...you'll see this icon graphically represent those movements.

Now, enable DR pressing the top left button on the TX. Do the same exercise as above by moving the aileron sticks to it's extremity. You'll see the same icon graphically showing that your servo does not have full range.
And to add some info on this. Every time you turn the Tx on, it defaults back to the low rate setting, even if you had changed it to the high rate before shutting it off.

As Daryoon said, the icons on the LCD that show the stick throw for the elevator, ailerons and yaw will show more bars (4 bars) with full stick when on high rate instead of 3 bars with full stick on low rate.

Just turn on your Tx without putting the battery into the V911 and play with the sticks and the dual rate button to see how the LCD icons change.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:39 PM
Croatia, County of Zagreb, Velika Gorica
Joined Dec 2011
140 Posts
Payment was on Dec 18 - replacment heli just arrive :)

BangGood shipping replacement v911 and fortunately it's in my hands :

ITEM n RA420199502CN new search
Local Date and Time Country Location Event Type Extra Information
1/9/2012 3:06:00 AM CHINA 510010 Receive item from customer (Otb)
1/15/2012 1:10:00 PM CHINA BEIJING Insert item into bag (Otb)
1/17/2012 10:01:00 AM CROATIA ZAGREB 10003 Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)
1/17/2012 10:25:00 AM CROATIA ZAGREB 10003 Send item to domestic location (Inb)
1/18/2012 8:15:00 AM CROATIA 10004 ZAGREB CARINA Send item to domestic location (Inb)
1/18/2012 7:05:00 PM CROATIA 10205 Zagreb LK Receive item at location (Inb)
1/19/2012 3:21:00 AM CROATIA 10205 Zagreb LK Send item to domestic location (Otb)
1/19/2012 7:16:00 AM CROATIA 10410 Velika Gorica Receive item at delivery office (Inb)
1/19/2012 3:22:00 PM CROATIA 10410 Velika Gorica Deliver item (Inb)
nick007shadow is offline Find More Posts by nick007shadow
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
There's nothing pompous about it, is there?

If my youngest Daughter can fly a cb100 without crashing and you do, it means YOU'RE entirely incompetent.
My cat's only three and he can fly better than your daughter.
And he has no thumbs!
So there.

Seriously... You haven't even flown your V911.

Cut us beginners some slack.
Snicker to yourself, you don't have to call us names.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:14 PM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
battery charts

for the geeks, interested and bored

see how bad the Nano Techs are. These do not come straight from Hobbyking, there are still some on the way and I am curious if they are as bad! This also confirms my feeling that the normal Turnigy 160s are slightly better than the 9958 stock, a bit more punch.

same data but less graphs. A v911 stock, the worst performing Turnigy 160 and the best performing Nano Tech 160
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:22 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
What's the discharge rate on those test plots - same rate done with all of them? The stock V911 battery doesn't look that bad compared to others, and it's only a 120 mAh Li-Po.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:34 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Swash Plate Separation Fix

If anyone wants to fix the swash plate separation problem, what you need to do is something like shown in cpuken's post linked below.

cpuken Post #1365:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1365

Another way to fix:
Instead of building up the OD of the 4-ball swash hat, my fix is to put a VERY THIN layer of glue on the ID of the swash plate bearing race, and then push the 4-ball swash hat into the bearing to seat it down, and wipe any excess glue off the bottom side after it's fully seated. If you don't use too much glue, there shouldn't much excess pushed out the bottom side.

By putting the VERY THIN layer of glue on the ID of the bearing race, you push out any excess on the bottom side that can be quickly cleaned up and not get into the bearing itself.

You will have to remove the rotor head and remove the swash plate assembly to do this fix right. Make sure you clean the surfaces with rubbing alcohol or similar before gluing. Might also want to rough up the two surfaces slightly with fine sandpaper to get a strong glue bond.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:35 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,499 Posts
I got one v911 stock that out performs my Hyperion 160. I am going to put more cycles through to see if this holds true. Also, I wonder if pulling 1A will separate the herd a bit. Thanks for the data. It mirrors my own test.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:37 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I got one v911 stock that out performs my Hyperion 160. I am going to put more cycles through to see if this holds true. Also, I wonder if pulling 1A will separate the herd a bit. Thanks for the data. It mirrors my own test.
Realistically, can anyone estimate what the max current draw is on the battery when actually flying the heli?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:40 PM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
What's the discharge rate on those test plots - same rate done with all of them? The stock V911 battery doesn't look that bad compared to others, and it's only a 120 mAh Li-Po.
its in the bottom of the pictures.

to speed up things, and thats how i usually charge my lipos anyway, I charged them at a rate of 1A and discharged them at 1A. All batteries went through Dischage-Charge-Discharge cycle, the plots show the data of the last discharge process.

the stock v911 are indeed not bad at all. just out of curiosity, I will try a Turnigy 160 and see if i feel a difference.
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:42 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Realistically, can anyone estimate what the max current draw is on the battery when actually flying the heli?
Yes. While hovering on a mSR, it was 1.1A. Throttle punches peaked at 1.5A. Forward flights were about 1.2-1.3A.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:58 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,219 Posts
When I took my rotor assembly apart, I mistakenly insalled my shaft retaining collar upside down (the one right below the swashplate). There's a small inner ring of plastic that takes play out and also prevents the collar from contacting the main part of the bearing (at least that's my guess). Make sure yours is installed right with the raised nub facing down, towards the bearing (not the swashplate bearing, the shaft bearing)
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:04 PM
United States, OR, Grants Pass
Joined Dec 2011
151 Posts
Mailman just dropped by, as the manual says, v911 in da house.......
bonzer2u is offline Find More Posts by bonzer2u
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:10 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
885 Posts
Has any body weighed there v911 Rx? I don't have a digital scale. The reason I want to know is that the Bravo SX I built up using a v911 Rx only gets 3:30 to 4:30 min of flight time before it needs more than 80% throttle to hover using the same lipos I use on my stock Bravo SX and get 5+ min.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:41 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Get the Xieda.

A good percentage of the v911 is CA'D together for some strange reason. Mine was anyway.

Most of the consumers on here are just 3ch Guys moving to basic 4ch self stabilising FP and haven't even touched a CP heli', so probably crash therefore seperating the swash.

How anyone can crash one of these is beyond me.

My near 4yrs old Daughter can hover my cb100 and rarely crashes.

By looking at your indoor CP 450 skills I think you'll be fine. :-D lol.

If I could defer time, I would've spent my money on something better.
yeah, i can fly the 450`s.
i am honestly just looking for something to keep the orientation skills up over winter. seeing these helis are rather small and 4 channel, i figured they would be the most 6 channel realistic. Plus this will do less damage and be cheaper to repair than a 450 if i have a brain fart while flying in the house.

im still torn between the two though.
one big plus for the 9958 is its here in the US. so i could have it by tuesday if i order it today.
if i order the v911, it`ll be late next month before i see it.

man, i guess i need to make up my mind already and just buy something LoL.

Edit,
after more reading in the 9958 thread, it seems the tail drift on that model is a real issue. so i`ll just get the v911 and hope i get a good one.

another Edit:
i just purchased the v911, so now we wait.

thanks to the guys whom replied to my questions, i`ll post my thoughts and pics when it arrives.
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
Last edited by bad400; Jan 19, 2012 at 02:55 PM.