HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2011, 04:45 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
thank you for your info, wiki said to connect navi directly with out fc, but u talk about power off and on for fc. u connect fc and navi during update right,
Noppita,
I'm not expert but when I do updates I have all of my boards connected together and hook MKTool to the Navi board via the MKUSB. If you are having a problem with the bootloader of the Navi board not loading during your update, following the directions I posted earlier worked perfectly for me, however I see in your most recent post that it did not work for you. If you are sure that you did it correctly and it still didn’t work, I have no other tricks for you to try as I don’t know how to reinstall the bootloader.
Tom
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg
Last edited by tkeeg; Apr 21, 2011 at 04:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2011, 05:32 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
540 Posts
Noppita,

Check out these series of posts trying to force the bootloader on an unresponsive Navi.

http://www.mikrokopter.us/index.php?...sg6457#msg6457
Ab74 is online now Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:38 PM
Joined Mar 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleroi View Post
How about this?

Digikey has ADXRS652 gyros for $30.30. The ADXRS652 is the industrial version of the ADXRS620. Output is 7mV/degree/sec, but can be changed to match the ADXRS620/610 by adding a 1.07M resistor, which Digikey also has. It looks like you could easily piggyback 0805 resistors onto capacitors C59, C60, and C61 on the FC.

From the datasheet: The ADXRS652 scale factor can be modified to match the 6 mV/į/sec scale factor of the ADXRS620 by adding a single 1.07 MΩ resistor between the RATEOUT and SUMJ.

Here are the Digikey links for the gyro and resistor:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...DXRS652BBGZ-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...41-1.07MCCT-ND

Of course, I haven't tried this, so do your due diligence.

- Don
Don, it seems to work just fine! I ordered the 652s a few weeks back when it was still nearly impossible to get 620s, soldered up the board the night before last and tried it out today. Flies very well indeed.
Tinkering the resistors on top of the caps is very easy to do.

Looks like the 620s are back, I got some samples last week after waiting about 3 months (not that I'm complaining!) and I see some people have them again. The 652s are still cheaper, but not by a huge amount.
jim80 is offline Find More Posts by jim80
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:52 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin4 View Post
Hi

So you should rather try to go with a motor that can handle 4s and use 10" props if you are using bl-ctrl 1.2 - best option here that i know of is 2217/20 motors like turnigy/axi etc.
If you have the new bl-ctrl 2.0 you can go for a 35-xx size motor on 12" props.
After reading this post this makes me wonder if I can run 4s on my MK.
I am running Flight Controller ME with bl-ctrl 1.2 and Turnigy 2217/20's and APC 10" props.
Can I run 4S batteries on this setup without popping and ESC or burning up these motors? I want just a little more power and longer run times without having to go to 12 inch props.

Thanks
Brent
dmsgodeep is offline Find More Posts by dmsgodeep
Old Apr 21, 2011, 09:37 PM
Mikrokopter Australia ;-)
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsgodeep View Post
After reading this post this makes me wonder if I can run 4s on my MK.
I am running Flight Controller ME with bl-ctrl 1.2 and Turnigy 2217/20's and APC 10" props.
Can I run 4S batteries on this setup without popping and ESC or burning up these motors? I want just a little more power and longer run times without having to go to 12 inch props.

Thanks
Brent
Sure Brent the bl1.2 esc's love 4cells

Simon
simonjardine is offline Find More Posts by simonjardine
Old Apr 21, 2011, 09:45 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjardine View Post
Sure Brent the bl1.2 esc's love 4cells

Simon
Thanks Simon. I'll try it.
So you think these 2217/20 (860kv) motors won't burn up either? They say they are only rated for 11v on the HobbyKing site. But I've been searching and found some guys running them on 4s. I guess I would be ok as long as I stay with 10" props.

Just so I'm clear (as I have a limited knowledge of electronics) ...it's the larger motors that pull more amps that will kill these esc's...right? But as long as I stay with these smaller motors...everything should be fine.

Brent
Last edited by dmsgodeep; Apr 21, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:26 PM
East SF bay
Joined Apr 2007
572 Posts
Quote:
So you think these 2217/20 (860kv) motors won't burn up either? They say they are only rated for 11v on the HobbyKing site. But I've been searching and found some guys running them on 4s. I guess I would be ok as long as I stay with 10" props.

Just so I'm clear (as I have a limited knowledge of electronics) ...it's the larger motors that pull more amps that will kill these esc's...right? But as long as I stay with these smaller motors...everything should be fine.

Brent
Hi Brent,
FWIW I have four Axi 2217/20 on a quad with v1.2 esc's using 4s with no problems for about a year. Tony
antonlubo is offline Find More Posts by antonlubo
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:20 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Westerhout View Post
Hi Al,

my GPS (well and everything else) is still on its way.
What is the correct soldering way they desire for us not to be guilty ?
Sitting on a rubber mat with a ground wire in a bracelet ?

I Mean, I was planning to just going to sit with a good soldering stations and do the job, what should I do, not to risk this ?

regards,
Ruud
Most people will not have any issues soldering the antenna on. But just to be sure make sure you have a way to ensure you are not carrying any electrostatic charge before you touch the antenna and solder it to the board. I know there are wrist bands that can be used to ground you and other techniques. you should be fine.

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Apr 22, 2011, 02:07 AM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Feb 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Hi!

Does anyone have any experience with pulso motors?

Im considering the 2217/20s
I have tested some Pulso 2814/22 - from two of 12 I had unsoldered wire - fortunately I marked this on a land.
AndrKolom is offline Find More Posts by AndrKolom
Old Apr 22, 2011, 02:18 AM
Stavern/Larvik - Norway
Joined Dec 2008
798 Posts
Quote:

Brent

I have used the same setup on both my quad and okto.

Go with 4s! The motors behave so much better!

I have had no problems regarding heat what so ever

The only thing to be aware of, is that the turnigy motors break easily, and they are pretty much unbalanced, giving you alot of vibrations.

Anyway, its a cheap powerful option

Im still going to swap out mine though, with either the basic roxxy 2827/35, or the pulso 2217/20s. Just need something more relieable and giving out less vibrations.
robin4 is offline Find More Posts by robin4
Old Apr 22, 2011, 03:07 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeeg View Post
Noppita,
I'm not expert but when I do updates I have all of my boards connected together and hook MKTool to the Navi board via the MKUSB. If you are having a problem with the bootloader of the Navi board not loading during your update, following the directions I posted earlier worked perfectly for me, however I see in your most recent post that it did not work for you. If you are sure that you did it correctly and it still didnít work, I have no other tricks for you to try as I donít know how to reinstall the bootloader.
Tom
tn
hank youu much for yor help
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Apr 22, 2011, 03:08 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Noppita,

Check out these series of posts trying to force the bootloader on an unresponsive Navi.

http://www.mikrokopter.us/index.php?...sg6457#msg6457
i read and follow many trick so i will read in the link and try again, thank you
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:34 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,618 Posts
Can the basic roxxy 2827/35 motors take 4s?

I picked up a Hexa frame from Sergey and am in the middle of assembly. I'm going to use Timecops I2C converter and use regular esc's. Sergey sent me the gopro camera mount by mistake. I wanted the regular mount and have e-mailed him, but no reply. Should I keep trying?

Brian.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Last edited by Buffythesaint; Apr 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:02 AM
Stavern/Larvik - Norway
Joined Dec 2008
798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Can the basic roxxy 2827/35 motors take 4s?

I picked up a Hexa frame from Sergey and am in the middle of assembly. I'm going to use Timecops I2C converter and use regular esc's. Sergey sent me the gopro camera mount by mistake. I wanted the regular mount and have e-mailed him, but no reply. Should I keep trying?

Brian.
Yes, they can. Use 10" props

https://www.mikrocontroller.com/inde...9cb3d880f2206b
robin4 is offline Find More Posts by robin4
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:56 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
499 Posts
Quote:
I have used the same setup on both my quad and okto.

Go with 4s! The motors behave so much better!

I have had no problems regarding heat what so ever

The only thing to be aware of, is that the turnigy motors break easily, and they are pretty much unbalanced, giving you alot of vibrations.
Thanks Robin (and others) for the confirmation. Just want to make sure I keep all the smoke where it belongs.
I've been using the Turnigy 2217/20 for well over a year now and only had one go bad out of 12 motors in regular use (between my octo and quad).
Granted...I've not used them with 4s batteries...but I'm about to go try that now.

Speaking of batteries...I have been using the Rhino 4900mah 3s batteries. The 4s version is $50 on HobbyKing. Does anyone have any other suggestions on batteries...or are those probably the best deal out there?

Thanks,
Brent