HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2013, 08:16 PM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Discussion
Miss Geico 24

Well does anyone own one yet?? Kinda curious as to how well it will handle some extra power...

I emailed HH to ask if the hull only comes with decals and cowling like the MG29 did.

No word back yet. I have an awesome motor kicking around that would go nicely in there on 2S. Of course I'd want to modify the drive to strut with flex and an offset rudder but, that's just me dreaming.

Lets hear from you guys...
BACKEMFNRG is offline Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:38 AM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
NOBODY???? Looks like there might be some killer sales on these by HH or PB or wherever in future if they aren't so popular.

It's been a good week and HH has not answered my question whether the hull only comes with Canopy & decals. That's crap.

Looks like a fun 2S-3S boat.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:27 PM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Well it does come with canopy & decals, woo hoo!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 09:22 PM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Has anyone bought one of these??? I mean RTR or hull only???

It's a nice size but, wish it was fiberglass.

I would have thought someone would have picked on up, maybe not...??
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:42 PM
RC Flying;Lego Contraption Guy
Smalltown, USA
Joined Sep 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG View Post
Has anyone bought one of these??? I mean RTR or hull only???

It's a nice size but, wish it was fiberglass.

I would have thought someone would have picked on up, maybe not...??
I bought the 17 inch one because it looks like a cool model. I didn't purchase the 24. I wonder why they came out with 3 sizes of these things...
MrLego is offline Find More Posts by MrLego
Old Apr 27, 2013, 09:00 AM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Well, if no one is buying them maybe I can score a cheap deal on ebay or something if they have to unload stock??
Old Apr 27, 2013, 09:17 PM
Smalltown, USA
Joined Sep 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Well, if no one is buying them maybe I can score a cheap deal on ebay or something if they have to unload stock??
no.... they woudlnt' sell it on ebay. They may have a price cut on their website. But unlikely. Its hard to estimate sales unless youre a part of their marketing team.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 01:54 AM
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
Hi guys, i bought one of these boat (used) via eBay (these is the only way they can shipped to my country and in order to owned it too)..it was a great boat even tho it was just an ABS hull..plenty of rooms for lipos sitting on both side of the hull..motor can be upgraded up to 36mm and not longger than 60mm..these is what i can measured..anyway..

I upgraded mine into brushless as soon as i got it..pull all the electronics from my godspeed and put in these boat..SK3 EDF 3659-1900KV, Turnigy 120A esc, 32mm 3 blades aloy prop, running on 2x2S in series..and drive system still stock..my boat run really well and great with these set up..
Shamrin HM is offline Find More Posts by Shamrin HM
Old Apr 28, 2013, 02:53 AM
Smalltown, USA
Joined Sep 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrin HM View Post
Hi guys, i bought one of these boat (used) via eBay (these is the only way they can shipped to my country and in order to owned it too)..it was a great boat even tho it was just an ABS hull..plenty of rooms for lipos sitting on both side of the hull..motor can be upgraded up to 36mm and not longger than 60mm..these is what i can measured..anyway..

I upgraded mine into brushless as soon as i got it..pull all the electronics from my godspeed and put in these boat..SK3 EDF 3659-1900KV, Turnigy 120A esc, 32mm 3 blades aloy prop, running on 2x2S in series..and drive system still stock..my boat run really well and great with these set up..
cool! pictures?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:30 AM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrin HM View Post

Cool thanks for the input!

Hope the outdrive is holding up o.k. with more power.

I was thinking it would be cool to make offset hardware like the Mystic 29. You could really lay some power down then.

Maybe the future will be good to me and I can afford one some day.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Cool thanks for the input!

Hope the outdrive is holding up o.k. with more power.

I was thinking it would be cool to make offset hardware like the Mystic 29. You could really lay some power down then.

Maybe the future will be good to me and I can afford one some day.
Thanks,

Yeah, hope the outdrive can handle my 4S set up..may be it can last long since im just using smaller prop but someday will upgrade it tho (everything is ready, just waiting for the right timing)

Regards,
Shamrin
Old Apr 30, 2013, 09:06 PM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Nice pics thanks! keep me posted.
Old May 21, 2013, 07:50 AM
Rookie Pilot
United States, NJ, Old Bridge Township
Joined May 2013
64 Posts
Here is a newbie question.
I just picked up the Geico 24, I read above that a 1900KV motor was the replacement motor.
Here is my question: If I were to use a higher KV motor (3000KV) - would it make more power/speed for the boat.
What are the pros and cons - if any? Thanks
Finest Racing is offline Find More Posts by Finest Racing
Old May 21, 2013, 07:02 PM
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finest Racing View Post
Here is a newbie question.
I just picked up the Geico 24, I read above that a 1900KV motor was the replacement motor.
Here is my question: If I were to use a higher KV motor (3000KV) - would it make more power/speed for the boat.
What are the pros and cons - if any? Thanks
Hi there, if i may help..actually, 1900kv motor that im using is rated up to 6S set up..and im using different collet/coupler (5mm motor & 3.8mm flex shaft collet)..Stock collet for motor is 3.17mm so if you are new better looks for motor with 3.17mm motor shaft..

Anyway, about your planned on higher kv motor, as far as i know, higher KV motor like 3000kv is normally for 2-3s lipo set up..to make it simple, it will not give more power/speed and cannot use bigger prop..hope people will response on this too..

regards,
ShamrinHM