http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508196
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:54 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,398 Posts
I like the AMA's definition, except for the altitude restriction. 200 feet is peanuts, especially for a model traveling at 60mph. It would take less than three seconds to be above the max altitude from ground level.

Now, just because I LIKE the definition... certainly doesn't mean I COMPLY with it. Starting from a low-n-level, full-speed run, my Slipso could break that height restriction in about a second
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:20 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
I like the AMA's definition, except for the altitude restriction. 200 feet is peanuts, especially for a model traveling at 60mph. It would take less than three seconds to be above the max altitude from ground level.

Now, just because I LIKE the definition... certainly doesn't mean I COMPLY with it. Starting from a low-n-level, full-speed run, my Slipso could break that height restriction in about a second
They have a height restriction now?
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:24 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,398 Posts
Apparently they did in '06. I haven't seen it quoted much, so I suspect maybe they ditched it pretty early on. I don't think it's mentioned in the "Park Pilot" program literature (which I haven't read over for awhile).

32oz, 60mph seems to be the commonly-quoted, AMA-defined "parkflyer".
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:26 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
Apparently they did in '06. I haven't seen it quoted much, so I suspect maybe they ditched it pretty early on. I don't think it's mentioned in the "Park Pilot" program literature (which I haven't read over for awhile).

32oz, 60mph seems to be the commonly-quoted, AMA-defined "parkflyer".
It is my understanding that the 200 Foot ceiling was for those that actually go out and purchase the Park Flyer Lower Range Receivers (Less expensive) and to prevent a Loss of Aircraft.
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:29 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,398 Posts
That would make sense.... but man, 200 feet still isn't very high. I used to fly my Aero Aces higher than that