HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:19 AM
cant get right !!!
United States, CA, Victorville
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
Question
dx7s vs jr9303 for heli , witch one ?

well i am having trouble deciding on witch radio to get i can either get a new dx7s or a used jr9303 at about the same price i like the jr becouse of the 9 chnl . but i also like th dx7s since i did own 1 and already know it inside and out . but from what i understand thy are both dsm2 and bind to spktrm rx , i have never owned a jr tx so kinda nervous about switching over so any help would be greatly apreciated
trucker41 is offline Find More Posts by trucker41
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:33 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,152 Posts
As far as I know, the jr9303 supports DSM2 only. You really want a transmitter that supports the latest frequency hopping DSMX especially for larger helis and planes. Morever, the DX7s supports telemetry that may be useful later on. You don't need 9 channels for helicopters unless you are into FPV quadcopters.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:38 AM
cant get right !!!
United States, CA, Victorville
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
well im not a 3d guy per say . im into scalers so thats why the 9303 was in my sights extra chl are always nice
trucker41 is offline Find More Posts by trucker41
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:54 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker41 View Post
well im not a 3d guy per say . im into scalers so thats why the 9303 was in my sights extra chl are always nice
Yip , if your a scaler that 9303 will be a better long term fit for you..will cover your retracts, lights, ect. Dx7s pick one only.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:35 PM
Known Wind User
USA, ID
Joined Jun 2004
250 Posts
If you fly sailplanes at all, the JR has good programming. Otherwise if just copters/planes the 7S might be my choice.

Good luck with either - they are both good!

Cheers, martini
Martini is offline Find More Posts by Martini
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:40 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Don't get the 's'. It doesn't give you both idle up modes and is not as nice to program as the DX7. It can be better and cheaper to pick up a clean, used DX7 or DX7 SE.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:46 AM
Known Wind User
USA, ID
Joined Jun 2004
250 Posts
I have programmed a friends DX7s and believe "Zen" is correct on the flight modes. I have 2 different idle up's on my DX7 and my friends S only seemed to have norm and idle up.
Martini is offline Find More Posts by Martini
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:10 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
Ive got the dx7s I like it.
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:47 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helipilot23 View Post
Ive got the dx7s I like it.
Glad that you do. However it seems that you have not used the DX7 or the DX7 SE, both of which have features that yours does not.

P.S.: Your're just reaching, kid. It's good you like your Tx but there is more to it than that. One of my flying buddies who used a DX7 for years just got the 's' version. Like a lot of helicopter fliers he used both idle up modes and now he can't.

The little wheel for programming is relatively fragile compared to the micro switches on the earlier units. I see they used a wheel on the DX8, which is too bad.
Last edited by zen@lanset.com; Jan 30, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:52 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
Those dont have sd slots
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:21 PM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com View Post
Glad that you do. However it seems that you have not used the DX7 or the DX7 SE, both of which have features that yours does not.

P.S.: Your're just reaching, kid. It's good you like your Tx but there is more to it than that. One of my flying buddies who used a DX7 for years just got the 's' version. Like a lot of helicopter fliers he used both idle up modes and now he can't.

The little wheel for programming is relatively fragile compared to the micro switches on the earlier units. I see they used a wheel on the DX8, which is too bad.
ummm Kid? LMAO! your funny! Had the DX7, be as it may I like the DX7s better.
Not into 3D and doubt I will ever find the need for two idle up's. Into scale flying which is good for me. Getting too damn old to start learning 3D flying and don't really care to actually.
So OLD MAN! had the DX7, had futaba's, JR's and Airtronics. For what I do? DX7s is good for me
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:35 PM
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
dx7se also does not have a trainer port to use it for a sim controller either(DX7 for me).
2 idle ups are nice to to have 2 diff head speeds avail.i only use norm to lift off then switch right into IU1 or IU2
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:39 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmracecars View Post
dx7se also does not have a trainer port to use it for a sim controller either(DX7 for me)
I know; I use an E_sky 4 channel Tx from a co-axial Llama for that.

Sure does give good control, and all the programming you need. A lot of people say they don't want to fly a helicopter upside-down and very often but not always it is because they can't see themselves progressing that far. Then, one day when upright orientations are no longer a mystery the urge to flip the little guy strikes, and phase 2 begins....
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:41 PM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Dx7s works with Phoenix, just plug it in and phoenix detects it automatically. Port is on the back, looks like a mini stereo jack
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:56 PM
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
the se dosent have that port
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars