HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion explosi View Post
i just tried to get my bevrc pv700 working ith my fat shark dominator goggles. it keeps telling me it's got no signal! argh!

Any ideas why it might be doing this?
depending on the pin out of the 1/8' plug vs the dvr socket, it could be a different color other than yellow for the video signal. check with a multimeter for continuity
rc_fpv is offline Find More Posts by rc_fpv
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:25 AM
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindflight View Post
I mailed mine back 6-7-2012, have e-mailed them x10 and nothing. Next move will to file a PayPal claim...
I'm in the same boat. I orderd one back in May. 5.8 receivers was sent by mistake. This has been returned, but I am as of yet to received the Video Recorder.

What I find more frustrating then the order taking so long is the complete lack of customer service. They never respond to my mails. No response from the last 3 I sent over the past 2 weeks.
SmithersMK is offline Find More Posts by SmithersMK
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:41 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,641 Posts
Is there any store selling these in the EU? UK maybe?
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:46 PM
Fly like a bird
Beijing & ShenZhen, China
Joined May 2010
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion explosi View Post
i just tried to get my bevrc pv700 working ith my fat shark dominator goggles. it keeps telling me it's got no signal! argh!

Any ideas why it might be doing this?
I think there must be something wrong with the video cable connection, please check it.
BEVRC is offline Find More Posts by BEVRC
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:49 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2011
125 Posts
I think there's definitely something wrong with BEVRC, as a vendor, to begin with. 3+ months and no product or money to show for. Also, non-existent customer service (they ignore your emails)! Way to go bevrc!
igorek82 is offline Find More Posts by igorek82
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:24 AM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,705 Posts
Thats very odd. I ordered mine July 9 and received it July 13.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:29 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,820 Posts
Does it record through static??

Hi all,

I browsed through all posts, but haven't found the information wether this recorder records through static or not? IMHO this is the first and most important question when it comes to a recorder for FPV use, that's why I'm surprized not to have found that. Did I overlooked it?

TIA

Markus
markus123456 is online now Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:30 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Hi all,

I browsed through all posts, but haven't found the information wether this recorder records through static or not? IMHO this is the first and most important question when it comes to a recorder for FPV use, that's why I'm surprized not to have found that. Did I overlooked it?

TIA

Markus
Yes! It will record absolutely nothing if nothing is plugged into it even.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:21 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
how long does does the battery last when recording?

I need a new recorder as my last one broke. It wasn't very good anyway.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:38 PM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Hi all,

TIA

Markus
Markus: Our experience so far is that it will record through static BUT it has a tendency to lock up. Then the only thing you can do is pull the battery out of it (and loose your recording). It's a great little DVR but no use at all if you lose your plane and rely on it for the last few seconds of footage.

I've been told that it doesn't do this if the bitrate it lowered (I use high - 8MBits/second). I haven't tried this yet.

Mitch.
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:13 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Markus: Our experience so far is that it will record through static BUT it has a tendency to lock up. Then the only thing you can do is pull the battery out of it (and loose your recording). It's a great little DVR but no use at all if you lose your plane and rely on it for the last few seconds of footage.

I've been told that it doesn't do this if the bitrate it lowered (I use high - 8MBits/second). I haven't tried this yet.

Mitch.
Hi Mitch,

Thanks for that info. I gather the device uses one of those specialized Zoran chipsets. Does anybody know which one exactly?

Markus
markus123456 is online now Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Jul 30, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2011
125 Posts
Supposedly, the issue of DVR freezing from static was fixed by fpv-Japan's upgraded firmware, which was taken down from public downloads when bevrc and others started selling them cheaper and directly from the factory... My unit, although DOA, really felt like grade-b stock... I sent mine back to bevrc for replacement ~3 months ago and never got anything back so didn't get a chance to test anything firsthand...
igorek82 is offline Find More Posts by igorek82
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:48 AM
Fly like a bird
Joined May 2010
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorek82 View Post
I think there's definitely something wrong with BEVRC, as a vendor, to begin with. 3+ months and no product or money to show for. Also, non-existent customer service (they ignore your emails)! Way to go bevrc!
Just check with our staff, I thought you are the guy who sent back one package but never arrived, but also ask replacement and refund, file 2 disputes in paypal, for such situation, our sales surely will according to our policy to refuse, they have no right to do the decision to refund you. Normally they will send the issue to me, but looks like they miss to send to me to handle the problem.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:51 AM
Fly like a bird
Joined May 2010
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithersMK View Post
I'm in the same boat. I orderd one back in May. 5.8 receivers was sent by mistake. This has been returned, but I am as of yet to received the Video Recorder.

What I find more frustrating then the order taking so long is the complete lack of customer service. They never respond to my mails. No response from the last 3 I sent over the past 2 weeks.
Hi, did our staff solve your problem? if not, contact me directly: bevrc-fpv, skype, I will hold this skype account for direct contact with every customer. Normally I will be on line 8 hours at least per day, you will get answer from me in 12 hours at most.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:00 AM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorek82 View Post
Supposedly, the issue of DVR freezing from static was fixed by fpv-Japan's upgraded firmware, which was taken down from public downloads when bevrc and others started selling them cheaper and directly from the factory... My unit, although DOA, really felt like grade-b stock... I sent mine back to bevrc for replacement ~3 months ago and never got anything back so didn't get a chance to test anything firsthand...
Having now realised the 'difference' and the total lack of support from BEVRC, I would be happy to pay Ren (FPV-Japan) for the upgraded firmware.
The frustration caused by not being able to buy one from FPV-Japan got us all in this mess in the first place (including Ren).

Lesson learned I guess.
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer