HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SteveC68, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:14 PM
I make bad look so good.
League City, Texas
Joined Sep 2006
2,516 Posts
Discussion
Thrust Tube Layout Calculator

Ok I just finished writing this one because I was sick and tired of waiting 1000+ seconds for the "cone" program to start up since I'm too cheap to pay for it.

Anyway this spreadsheet isn't as cool as the cone program, but it gives you the info you need to roll your own. All you need to input is the outside diameter of your fan, the diameter of your tailpipe, and the length of your tailpipe. NOTE: ALL DIMENSIONS SHOULD BE IN millimeters. The spreadsheet will work if you use inches or feet for that matter, but since most people use mm as the units of measure for EDF I figured I would stick with convention. But as long as all units are the same then the sheet works fine. Oh yeah, input in the blue fields in the upper left. Results are in the yellow fields.

Enjoy

Edit: I found an error in the formula. DOH Sorry about that to the 7 people that bothered to download the original spreadsheet. It's fixed now and has been verified.
SteveC68 is offline Find More Posts by SteveC68
Last edited by SteveC68; Aug 29, 2011 at 07:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts