Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:08 AM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Jun 2014
8 Posts
Discussion
Dissapointed (Resolved)

Hi, I am new to this forum,

Maybe you can tell me what went wrong.

I placed an order with Motion RC, an FMS 1400 mm P-51 and paid with paypal.
The next day I received 2 emails saying the money had been refunded, there was no explanation why. So I called and was told it was because my paypal shipping address was unconfirmed. I live in Canada and have a US shipping address.

Ok, so I stated I would like to order using a credit card. The person I spoke with, Brad said he would look into it and call me back. I made sure he had my number and name.

The following afternoon I still hadn't heard from them, so I called back and explained that I understood if using a Canadian credit card it would require that I call in my order, so I was calling to place an order.

Brad apologized for not getting back to me, but said his boss had to lift some shield in order to process my order, I assume some anti fraud software.
He said he wouldn't be back for an hour, but they would then call me back to place the order.
Once again I gave him my previous order number, name and number.
That was 2 days ago.

Now I'm not trying to flame this company, just relate my poor experience with them.
After reading many good accounts of dealing with Motion RC I was looking forward to ordering from them, so I can't understand why my experience was so different and they don't seem to want to do business with me.

Please don't rag on me for this being my first post here.
Rob>
smittyrob is offline Find More Posts by smittyrob
Last edited by smittyrob; Jun 21, 2014 at 10:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:58 AM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
2,244 Posts
I'm sure a member from MRC will be contacting you, and resolving the issue.

Inside the US they have been absolutely great. But you do have a unique situation, and I'm sure the person that was helping you was only following protocol. I wish the Canada thing didn't cause these issues so that you wouldn't have to run into these speed bumps. Because they truley are a great company.
tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2
Old Jun 13, 2014, 02:53 PM
United States, IL, Lake Barrington
Joined Dec 2012
334 Posts
Hi smittyrob,

We do not current have the ability to accept international credit cards. This will change soon. We ask Canadians to use PayPal however we will only ship to confirmed PayPal addresses as stated on our checkout page. When an order is canceled, we normally put a note on the PayPal receipt as to why it was cancelled. Please click the refund transaction and you should see a note. We certainly apologize for the inconvenience but we are dedicated to protecting our customers data and preventing fraud. Occasionally legitimate orders get tangled up as in this case. We can't take Canadian credit cards (we are working to change this ASAP), and we can't ship to an unconfirmed PayPal address. I'm sorry you did not receive a call back. All of this should have been explained to you. I would recommend calling PayPal and asking them how you can get your shipping address to show as confirmed.

Edit: Robert, I just talked to Brad. He has been trying to call you but every time he would call the phone rings 3 times and then hangs up. Matt, another one of our customer service team members, said he called and left a message. Brad did just try again and left a message.
Tom.MotionRC is offline Find More Posts by Tom.MotionRC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Tom.MotionRC; Jun 13, 2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 08:07 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,518 Posts
now that's awesome customer service right there !
KCinNC is online now Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jun 18, 2014, 09:16 PM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Jun 2014
8 Posts
Thanks Tom for getting back to me. I did receive only one phone call and voicemail from you guys however, from Brad so maybe there was a problem getting through to my number.

Well, I spent an hour on the phone to paypal with 2 representatives. Their conclusion was that paypal cannot confirm a separate US shipping address if I am in Canada.
I know this is wrong and think I figured it out, no thanks to paypal.

I had to wait over a week for paypal to return my refunded money into my account after they put a temporary hold on it, so now I have placed a new order with Motion RC.
This time my paypal receipt shows my US address as being confirmed so everything should work out.

Here's hoping it works out this time
Rob>
Old Jun 19, 2014, 09:51 AM
United States, IL, Lake Barrington
Joined Dec 2012
334 Posts
Wow Rob, I'm so sorry. Everything is fine with your new order. Thank you very much for your patience and persistence! If you have a free minute, please send me a PM about what you eventually had to do to confirm the second address. PayPal explained a process to me which sounded super quick and easy but it seems as if they may have have left a step or two out. I'd like to make sure we tell other people how to do it correctly so they don't have to spend a hour on the phone with PayPal. Thanks again Rob.
Tom.MotionRC is offline Find More Posts by Tom.MotionRC
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:38 PM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Jun 2014
8 Posts
I received my order from Motion RC. Order arrived very quickly and looks great, looking forward to flying her.
Thanks guys!
Rob>