SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:08 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,508 Posts
Why go through the trouble of designing a 130 sized heli from scratch and keep the crappy motor driven tail? Do it right and do a VPDD tail if you wanna keep the motor drive tail and harness the efficency of variable pitch. Also just junk the mcpx board and go with a full on mini vbar clone modded to save weight like what I did for my v120.
joeclone is offline Find More Posts by joeclone
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:46 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Apr 2014
221 Posts
Im only making this because I want to build my own cf frame. But I do get what you mean. Its not meant as an extreme 3d machine, and the additional mechanism for vp tail would just complicate things, which I`d like to keep as simple as possible.
On the other hand my dd tails arent half as bad anymore as they used to be, none out of 3 wag and crisp response on all. Spent weeks tuning in those tails. I`d be hard pressed to go through the trouble of installing a vp tail when its not needed. If the heli already has it, great, but otherwise no. And I wouldnt dare to try and clone the V120. That is a beautifully perfect heli in my eyes, and I`d like to buy it someday and spec it to my liking, don`t wanna spoil the experience with a makeshift homemade clone, that`d be horrible.

This is more like what liftbag did with his 130x. Brushless tail for maintenance free 130x.

PS building the frame is a pain in the rear. Just started cutting some cf sheet, the whole table is already full of fine black dust and tolerances are zero. Might buy a cf frame lol. MH perhaps.

Edit yeah have to abandon the frame, my mask turned black and now the whole shed is full of cf dust, at first seems easy, just a few cuts here and there but actually theres more cutting and trimming than its worth it, and cf dust might be dangerous. Much healthier and economical to just buy a frame.

Need the cf frame, plastic has too much flex past a certain point...
Hugo Stiglitz is offline Find More Posts by Hugo Stiglitz
Last edited by Hugo Stiglitz; Oct 16, 2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 03:18 PM
Joined Jan 2013
666 Posts
Just finished construction of a double BL HCP80 ,only hovered it in the kitchen so far but all seem's well , i try'd it on the stock cell's and it only flew for 1 min lol , does much better on the E-Flight 150mah 45c cell's , nice 3 min . It's running on a 9 tooth pinion ,I'm wondering about going to an 8 tooth , am I right in thinking it should reduce head speed but increase flight time ? my other HCP80 (BL main only) is running on 9 tooth pinion and i get 3.5 min flight but i'd guess this new one will draw more current and going to an 8 tooth might help.
I'll post up some pictures tomorrow as well as a report on how it fly's , so far it seem's nicely locked but i'm not a good enough pilot to try flip's inside the house .
dadio is offline Find More Posts by dadio
Old Oct 20, 2014, 06:47 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,508 Posts
Flight weight does affect performance and flight times a great deal in a small micro, it's always a compromise between putting in bigger capacity batteries to get longer flight times. In my experience going down one tooth count dun make much a difference in conserving power, maybe just a few more secs? I'd rather keep the headspeed higher just to get the momentum from the faster blades.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:12 AM
Joined Jan 2013
666 Posts
I know the battery weight is critical on the hcp80 and although i could have used a slightly lighter esc for the tail i have try'd to keep the weight down as much as i can , the only reason i used a larger esc for the tail was i could not find a tail esc with the programming port included and my old shaky hands find soldering to these micro boards a challenge ,what i still can do is remove the plug for the motor wiring and solder straight to the board , i did it on one esc but last night i was just pleased it flew .
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:35 AM
Joined Jan 2013
666 Posts
it's blowing a gale outside today , no conditions for an 80 ,i have stripped another 1g off the weight though so it's only 1g heavier than it's BL main only hanger mate.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 08:40 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,508 Posts
It's always recommended to exclude the connectors for the brushless main motor, the main reason is for eliminating bad connections through those micro connectors that usually will cause power drop off problems and intermittent motor start up problems. Plus an incentive in weight reduction but just minimal of course. I keep the connectors for the tail for ease of maintenance.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 08:46 AM
Joined Oct 2014
10 Posts
please help me any one know the real name of this transmitter(v922) ? ( the transmitter in red circle)
tharinda uthpala is offline Find More Posts by tharinda uthpala
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:09 AM
Joined Jan 2013
666 Posts
That's the tail MOSFET ,I believe you can get them from banggood but you'll need to read the serial number off it ,its exactly the same component as the other two next to it .
Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM
Joined Oct 2014
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio View Post
That's the tail MOSFET ,I believe you can get them from banggood but you'll need to read the serial number off it ,its exactly the same component as the other two next to it .
can you please send me a link ? yeap all the numbers are same i searched it on banggood but i didnt find it can you please send me the link of it wherte i can get it? the serial number is 34D6
tharinda uthpala is offline Find More Posts by tharinda uthpala
Last edited by tharinda uthpala; Yesterday at 09:00 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM
Joined Jan 2013
666 Posts
i think it's these ones but i've never replaced any myself so forgive me if i'm wrong http://www.banggood.com/50-Pcs-2N700...-p-934218.html very cheap anyway.
Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,508 Posts
Unfortunately those are rated at a smaller current capacity then the stock ones, these are what you need to get from BG http://www.banggood.com/FBL100-Nine-...1-p-76867.html