HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2014, 04:04 AM
Joined Dec 2011
40 Posts
Discussion
YD-117 4CH Flybarless RC Helicopter

Anyone can tell me anything about it? RTF package is stupidly low priced on BG for a flybarless FP, its very tempting, plus the heli looks very good. Above all, the insides look like in much more expensive helis. But I can`t find spares for it.
On other sites I`ve seen it go up as much as 75 euros.
So whats the deal with it anyone knows?
Watracing is offline Find More Posts by Watracing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2014, 11:03 AM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Sep 2010
346 Posts
Never heard of AtTop. Interesting design though. That board might be at risk mounted like that however. Looks like its got some power.
ToddMcF2002 is offline Find More Posts by ToddMcF2002
Old Jan 08, 2014, 12:04 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
It should be interesting to see how well it does in the market. Flybarless FP micros have sold poorly. They don't handle as well as flybarless CP micros and have only a minimal advantage in complexity.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Feb 20, 2014, 07:52 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2 Posts
I have been looking to buy this heli. I'm now flying v911 and want to step up to cp. I read that it was better to go with fp fbl first. The only thing that is bugging with the YD-117 is that I'll need to buy a new tx when I go to cp. With wltoys/hisky you can go thru all of the fbl models and keep the same tx. But still, I would like to read a true review of this YD-117 because it looks soooo nice and the price is very low.
hotcook is offline Find More Posts by hotcook
Old Apr 08, 2014, 12:09 AM
HFP100, HFP80, YD-117, MSRx
Joined Jan 2014
98 Posts
Dope Micro

I just have to tell you my secret. I've been holding out, secretly flying this amazing micro fixed pitch flybarless wonder. Someone with the capability and experience should do a complete review of this one for the benefit of the others.

This is the $55 RTF eBay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATTOP-YD-117...item43c4be6f10

I picked one up on Amazon for $53 RTF. The vender, Goldwing, only had one at that price, but they are also the seller on eBay. Here's a link to another vendor on Amazon who sells it for 2x price. The pictures are good.

http://www.amazon.com/YD-117-4-Chann...s=Attop+YD-117

The transmitter is the nicest tx of any RTF kit I've experienced in the micro fixed pitch flybarless world. By far. A big LED display, nice stick action, a real good metal handle, 2 speeds, mode 2 operation. The helicopter itself is in a class of its own in my experience. Spools up completely vertically, fast as a V944, but way better handling and with precise maneuverability. Its a heavy weight and flies beautifully straight and true in good 10mph winds unaffected. I can fly it as if it were a V911 or a Syma F3 in still air. It has enclosed rotary servos which seem very quick. Pirouettes; tail in or tail out, stops on a dime, incredible climbs and dives and banks. You'd think I was an intermediate pilot or flying a flybarred micro. Really long flights of up to 8 min. Up to 2x the length of flights for my HFP80 or MSRx or V944 with their standard batteries. I am spoiled now.

I received a white one, which is good for my tired eyes. The canopy was dull, I gave it a good clear coat, now it looks fine. Ther white main and tail rotor blades really are visible for me as well. Seeing the blade disc's orientation has never been easier. The green looks much much nicer on the shelf however.

I also fly the Blade MSRx, HiSky HFP80, WLtoys V955, and the ESKY 150, and the YD-117 beats them all in ease of flying, flight time length, and maneuverability.
I recommend trying it.
randycastell is offline Find More Posts by randycastell
Last edited by randycastell; Apr 08, 2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 09:10 PM
Ibelieve I can fly
Joined Sep 2014
34 Posts
Thanks randy. If what u said is ture, I will try to get one too.
Alater is offline Find More Posts by Alater
Old Sep 19, 2014, 01:09 PM
HFP100, HFP80, YD-117, MSRx
Joined Jan 2014
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alater View Post
Thanks randy. If what u said is ture, I will try to get one too.
After flying the HFP100v2 and the HFP80v2 from Hisky, it became apparent that the Attop YD-117 is easy to fly due to the fact that it has the same type "6-axis Gyro" that the Hisky v2 versions of their micros use. Who knew? I like flying the YD-117 because it is so fast and powerful and easy to control. I like the servos on this bird, and its overall durability. The only problem I've experienced with the two I have was a separated swash. I fixed that with a CA glue and that was that. The 300 mah batteries are capable of 8 minute full tilt flight. They bank and climb/ dive and pullout very controllably most likely due to the fact that they weigh 56grams w/ battery on board! Unfortunately, there seems to be only white canopies. No green. But, perfect for custom paint.

I have made several gifts of the RTF kit to friends and family and made new heli hobbyists out of each one! Price was US$55, but I see the price has gone up. Oh well, its not a secret anymore I suppose.

link:
http://sky-helicopter.com/Attop-YD-1...elicopter.html

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions regarding this heli.
randycastell is offline Find More Posts by randycastell