HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:20 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Bloomingdale
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
Discussion
Exi 450 Fbl Tarot Brownout

Ive recently upgraded my Exi 450 to Fbl with a Tarot FBL System. It has been flying great with no problems until now. Today during flight I was flying along and then all of a sudden my Exi 450 started shaking bad, so bad that I wouldnt even call it a vibration. Anyway I immediately landed, and checked it out and my Ar6200 light was blinking indicating a brownout.

My thinking is that when the Ar6200 regained connection with my Dx6i it reset the Tarot Fbl system causing it to shake badly. Now I dont know why it would brownout, before I when it was FB I had a brownout and I upgraded to a Castle BEC but never got to fly much with the BEC.

Here is my setup-
-Tarot FBL head & gyro
-4 Exi 9g D213F Digital Servos
-Exceed rc 30 amp esc
-Exceed rc Alpha 450 3500kv motor
-Ar6200 & Dx6i
-11.1v 2200 mah 30c Blue lipo
-then I also am using a Castle BEC which I thought would of solved my brownout issues.

Anyone have any ideas? I would of thought upgrading to a Castle BEC would of prevent any brownouts, but I guess not. Im also using a metal frame, which doesnt interfere with 2.4ghz signal like carbon fiber does. Thanks.
r/c basher is offline Find More Posts by r/c basher
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2012, 04:07 PM
Registered User
TexasClouds's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
2,169 Posts
hmmm, when you first plug in the battery, does it let you move the cyclic servos before the blinking lights are done initializing? if not, then you would have crashed with a brownout to the gyro.

are you sure the shakes are not from too high of a gain setting? what were you doing with the heli when the shakes began?
TexasClouds is offline Find More Posts by TexasClouds
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:39 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Bloomingdale
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasClouds View Post
hmmm, when you first plug in the battery, does it let you move the cyclic servos before the blinking lights are done initializing? if not, then you would have crashed with a brownout to the gyro.

are you sure the shakes are not from too high of a gain setting? what were you doing with the heli when the shakes began?
When I first plug the battery I am able to move the servos before the gyro intializes.

The shakes arent coming from to high of gain setting, it only happens once a great while. I was hovering when it happened.
r/c basher is offline Find More Posts by r/c basher
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2012, 11:10 AM
Registered User
TexasClouds's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/c basher View Post
When I first plug the battery I am able to move the servos before the gyro intializes.

The shakes arent coming from to high of gain setting, it only happens once a great while. I was hovering when it happened.
did it shake all the way to your landing? with the heli sitting still after blades stopped, was the swash still?
TexasClouds is offline Find More Posts by TexasClouds
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2012, 04:39 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Bloomingdale
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasClouds View Post
did it shake all the way to your landing? with the heli sitting still after blades stopped, was the swash still?
Yeah the heli shook alll the way until I landed. The swash sat still after the blades stopped. I took off again just see and the heli seemed fine. I might try adjusting my gain to see what happens, it only happens once in a while though.
r/c basher is offline Find More Posts by r/c basher
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Align Trex 450 and EXI/Tarot parts dylan253 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 12 Feb 02, 2012 05:43 PM
Sold Trex / Tarot 450 FBL head khoysagk Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Nov 06, 2011 05:32 PM
Help! tarot 450 pro boom block in exi 450pro? tcb22185 Electric Heli Talk 2 Sep 25, 2011 01:35 AM
Sold Tarot 450 FBL rotor head & linkage TubeBarHeli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Sep 02, 2011 05:39 PM