HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:08 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
For thise getting interference issues between video receiver and dragonlink. I have been using a remote antenna for my DL sometimes ... works great attached to the roof of my car. If the VTx and DL are interacting, distance between them helps. If I you are close to my VTx, with your DL, will moving the DL antenna (on a 10ft cable) away from the VTx help????
I guess the question is ... what part of the DL, and VTx are interacting ... is it simply the antenna locations ??
This is the antenna for DL that I am using ... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330551785...84.m1439.l2649
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:10 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,238 Posts
Why not upgrading your VRx with a COMTECH module ?
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: old MyFlyDream AAT upgrade
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:59 AM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
533 Posts
I have a 100mw 5.8 tx that gets its signal from my 1.3 rx that feeds to my fatsharks rx, no wires to trip over and freedom of movement.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:33 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzlflyer View Post
I have a 100mw 5.8 tx that gets its signal from my 1.3 rx that feeds to my fatsharks rx, no wires to trip over and freedom of movement.
yup, I have the same setup, I love the non tethered feeling
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:52 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
For thise getting interference issues between video receiver and dragonlink. I have been using a remote antenna for my DL sometimes ... works great attached to the roof of my car. If the VTx and DL are interacting, distance between them helps. If I you are close to my VTx, with your DL, will moving the DL antenna (on a 10ft cable) away from the VTx help????
I guess the question is ... what part of the DL, and VTx are interacting ... is it simply the antenna locations ??
This is the antenna for DL that I am using ... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330551785...84.m1439.l2649
From what I've heard here, you are better off extending your PPM cable to your DL, rathen than extending the antenna coax. (Is that right Chris?)
I'm sure it is the antennas interacting because both device are sealed in metal cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
Why not upgrading your VRx with a COMTECH module ?
I believe the RMRC Rx already uses a Comtech module. Can anyone confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzlflyer View Post
I've thought about doing this, the untethered feeling is nice. However I still want to be able to be close to my ground station for various reasons, and I want to add the complexity of another Tx/Rx combo. There are already too many failure points in the system. It is tempting though to not have any wires. Maybe once everything works perfect.
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:28 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
...I've thought about doing this, the untethered feeling is nice. However I still want to be able to be close to my ground station for various reasons, and I want to add the complexity of another Tx/Rx combo. There are already too many failure points in the system. It is tempting though to not have any wires. Maybe once everything works perfect.
The GS VTx/VRx is what I used with my Fatshark Predators. It is nice not having to worry about a cable getting snagged up on anything. The video on my Predators wasn't that great and they weren't very comfortable so I sold the set and lost the wireless setup. I certainly DON'T miss the Fatsharks. I've toyed with the idea of a low power, wireless ground station setup for my Vuzix goggles...don't know if I'll ever do it though. I'd need to redo wiring, mount a power source and VRx on the goggles somehow/where, etc. Wireless IS convenient though. Oh...FWIW, I don't recall having any issues with the 5.8Ghz, 100mW wireless setup with my DL transmitter either.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:36 PM
Goi‚nia - Brasil
Joined Jan 2009
144 Posts
Hi Guys,

I take my DL in 2010, never have problem but i want to do a firmware update. Unfortunately the service postal in my country is terrible and i know i'll stay 60 days off my DL if i send to Mike.

Searching for i found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
The Dagon Link firmware is easy for the user to update via their computers USB port. Simply get the board below, I will ship the cables needed to connect it to the Dragon Link, and you can update your firmware version in minutes

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9873
Questions:
- Wich cables are these? This one? --> http://store.diydrones.com/FTDI_Cabl...l-232r-3v3.htm
- Where can i download the new firmware?
- Wich procedure to update firmware can i do in my V1 TX/RX? That one (Updating your firmware with a 3rd party FTDI cable) in DragonLink V2 Manual works?

Thanks...
Snaydher is offline Find More Posts by Snaydher
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:18 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaydher View Post
Hi Guys,

I take my DL in 2010, never have problem but i want to do a firmware update. Unfortunately the service postal in my country is terrible and i know i'll stay 60 days off my DL if i send to Mike.

Searching for i found this:

Questions:
- Wich cables are these? This one? --> http://store.diydrones.com/FTDI_Cabl...l-232r-3v3.htm
- Where can i download the new firmware?
- Wich procedure to update firmware can i do in my V1 TX/RX? That one (Updating your firmware with a 3rd party FTDI cable) in DragonLink V2 Manual works?

Thanks...
Unfortunately you cannot upgrade V1 yourself you will have to post it back to Mike if you want it upgraded to V2 firmware.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:29 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
So, here's the latest iteration of the AxisXtend board...

Someone requested mounting holes, and I'm not sure how to accommodate those easily. There really isn't a lot of clearance in the design. to fit a full #4 hole.

For the engineers, yes, I know the routing is a little messy right now, it'll be cleaned up. I'm still debating what to do about the crystal. The routing for the PTH Xtal on the board right now is kinda uneven, though I'm not sure if I can easily hand solder an SMT crystal.

Since I'm designing this board to what people on this forum want, is there anything else any of you see that you want changed?

As far as the serial port goes, I'm going to keep it as a right angle pin header for right now. This has the same pinout as the DragonLink. The configuration app will allow you to set endpoints, expo, calibration, etc.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:06 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Done for today.

Mechanical validation tomorrow, and if I can get some coworkers to glance at my schematic to say that nothing's blatantly wrong, I'll be ordering a beta PCB on monday.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, MI, South Lyon
Joined Nov 2007
186 Posts
Min Throttle Value

I have dragonlink v2 with a turnigy 9x running er9x. I need to set the failsafe on the throttle for a value below 975 for use with APM. Right now the minimum is 985 even after adjusting the endpoints but it seems dragonlink is limiting it to 985.

Thanks,
Ken
k5beason is offline Find More Posts by k5beason
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
I use Dragon Link V2 with a readymaderc VRX 1.3GHz and have no interference at all . Bought the saw filter to upgrade the VRX but after testing didn't need it .
bankheadrc is offline Find More Posts by bankheadrc
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:58 PM
Nine inch member
Thailand, Chon Buri, Bang Lamung
Joined May 2006
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
If you solder jumpered the FC jeti pads to enable DSMX sattelite, then you need to remove the jumper. Solder a male lead to the PPM,+ and - to the FC pads for this. Plug it into the DL rx Ch12, select multisignal ppm rx in MKTools. Don't forget to remove your sattelite rx.
I have done as suggested but it is beeping and showing lost signal in MK tools.
I have bound the receiver and checked with a servo, I have changed to multisignal ppm in MK tools.
I connected the white wire to the RX pad on the FC board , the black to ground and the red to 5v. The receiver is powered ok.
The jeti pad are not bridged and I have removed the Spektrum sattelite.

Any ideas what could be wrong please?
nickwad is offline Find More Posts by nickwad
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:11 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
I believe the RMRC Rx already uses a Comtech module. Can anyone confirm?
The one I have haven't a Comtech inside (RMRC digital display with saw filter already upgraded and with "improve UHF resistance")
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: old MyFlyDream AAT upgrade
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:26 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
No you cant buy it, support for the Futaba 12FG is free It is in the latest firmware release.

Mike
Mike. Ok but my Futuba 12FG seems to work well with DL module. What improves the firmware with this radio ?
I bought my DragonLink on July 2012. For you, is necessary that I send you the module to upgrade the firmware ?
But especially when will be possible to upgrade firmware from home ?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV