SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:13 PM
Registered Abuser
Kelowna, BC Canada
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
Yes. That's what I did. Guilty as charged. I'm assuming by the replies that this achievement/blasphemy isn't committed too often or with preferential results?

Unfortunately. The balls in question were not reglued and Chap got his head around it successfully. I quite want to show you the pics now. When I get home from Uni I will use the wife's phone and upload you the glory that is my glueing.

It must be said that I tried glueing the balls on but they were just not up to the job. I wasnt expecting great results. Just wanted her back in the air as it had been such a quick demise and parts take a little while to get here or i'm just impatient.

Let the ridiculing begin
No ridiculing here.

But, that glue is likely the source of your main rotor problems. The glued links probably won't allow rotational motion because they need to on a ball swivel. that would explain why they'll spin with the flybar disconnected.

Replace the swash plate and report back...
Chris.S. is offline Find More Posts by Chris.S.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:46 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Well, I bit the bullet...went to my LHS and left with this!

And wouldn't you know, we have ThunderStorms all day...Got it hover in my livingroom, but it does require a bit more space than I have...it is an adrenalin buster! Got the BNF version.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:48 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,627 Posts
OMG, Jake. Wrong thread, but thanks for the tease. LOL

Our local group got two of these and they are amazing! You'll enjoy it.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:01 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post

And wouldn't you know, we have ThunderStorms all day...Got it hover in my livingroom, but it does require a bit more space than I have...it is an adrenalin buster! Got the BNF version.
so you got a "living room" like me - with less than 10x10ft of free space ... (as that is about what it takes for the easy flight stuff,ie circles and figure 8s ... but I am by far not yet at this point ... ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:48 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
so you got a "living room" like me - with less than 10x10ft of free space ... (as that is about what it takes for the easy flight stuff,ie circles and figure 8s ... but I am by far not yet at this point ... ...)
Yep, live in a mobile home...coax is ok........some FP are ok, but wow, this Nano CPX needs a touch more room.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:17 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,473 Posts
Quote:

You sucker Jake! That is supposed to be my bird!!! LOL
I am green with envy! I may wind up with one yet.

I got to where I could hover my B450 in a 10'x10' area but it took every bit
of concentration that I had.

Use your radio dual rates to tone it down so it is docile for indoors.

Let me know when you can do this:

Blade Nano CP X von Horizon Hobby (3 min 45 sec)

Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:14 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
I accidently flipped it...dunno how, and hit the throttle cut button...think I messed myself..this is one wild bird...got some settings to tame it down. Gonna try that.

Having HELIFREAKS.COM withdrawl symptoms!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:43 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
You sucker Jake! That is supposed to be my bird!!! LOL
I am green with envy! I may wind up with one yet.

I got to where I could hover my B450 in a 10'x10' area but it took every bit
of concentration that I had.

Use your radio dual rates to tone it down so it is docile for indoors.

Let me know when you can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njyfhg5G8BI

Kyle
Shoot... I do this with the mCX!!! It just takes more parts when you are practicing indoors slamming into walls and lamps and stuff. Who needs CP?
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:48 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Shoot... I do this with the mCX!!! It just takes more parts when you are practicing indoors slamming into walls and lamps and stuff. Who needs CP?
Jake does!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:21 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Jake does!
I crash into trees....
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:30 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,473 Posts
Quote:
I crash into trees....
LOL Is this your first CP machine?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:36 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Quote:
LOL Is this your first CP machine?
Yep!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:44 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Mar 2009
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Hey Sven,
Did you buy yourself a Nano yet?
JDFiend is offline Find More Posts by JDFiend
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:44 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFiend View Post
Hey Sven,
Did you buy yourself a Nano yet?
Yes, used like new here on classifieds ... and its a blast!!! Frustrating at times (but thats more because it is still so new to me ... CP I mean) but overall ...

... total blast! (I guess THAT IS the best helicopter buy I made to date ... for my particular circumstances ...)

Vids are already on my youtube channel ... more to come!
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:38 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.S. View Post
No ridiculing here.

But, that glue is likely the source of your main rotor problems. The glued links probably won't allow rotational motion because they need to on a ball swivel. that would explain why they'll spin with the flybar disconnected.

Replace the swash plate and report back...
Its all been a bit of hit and miss so far. I actually flew her in the living room today without any noticeable aileron control (damaged servo+ glued links) so just using rudder and very unresponsive elevator control (glued links again)

So your post on the need to swivel actually hit home as I just always had it in my head it was simply a way of connecting parts.

Well a few flights later (very very brief flight I should add) I'm getting the same problem with the rear rotor speeding up and slowing down at will for no obvious reasons. Ive taken off the rear boom and checked the wiring (which is now where it should be and not just stuffed inside the computer board housing and can't see any obvious flaws. The first flights were completely fine.

Then I get another issue which Ive had before but can't remember what caused it. It just wants to fly backwards straight from the off. The swash plate is level, trims are set right and no matter how much elevator is applied (not that my elevator would do much anyway) she is still going backwards. The battery is in properly. Any ideas?

Now I know this has serious issues anyway and I shouldn't be touching her until I get a new swash plate, links and servo. But I can't help it with it just sitting there calling to me to fly her.

Im recharging two batteries as we speak so going to have another play which is stupid as I dont want to be ordering more parts but I can't help myself.

I'm going to order in the next couple of days a heli on behalf of my mum for my birthday (as she said just order the heli you want and I will just pay for it lol) and I'm seriously torn. Originally I thought the mSR was the obvious choice as I clearly want to practice on a single rotor and want to be able to do it inside the house but now im starting to have doubts and thinking should I go back to a coaxial despite it feeling like a step backwards. Or as I'm getting a new laptop from the wife, should I get a flight sim instead.

Actually just thinking about it has made my mind up. Unless anyone thinks the mSR will be too outrageous for me to get to grips with indoors I'm going for that as I need a working heli to feed my addiction and a flight sim will have to come latter as I will need a tx which I can plug in unless the one Battle Dude is sending me comes with that option. I should check now really.

I think I'm going to spend a lot of the day watching vids of the mSR and see if it looks controllable in my hands and also at different flight sims. Sorry for the ramble.

I will still fix up my 120SR and order the parts this week. I might also order a very cheap four channel of ebay that doesnt matter if it gets destroyed as my last one was so much fun and I need to fly something and it will probably result in less damage to the mSR if I get some serious flight time in.
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Last edited by SR120 fan; Oct 07, 2012 at 09:48 AM.