Mr.Runster is online now Find More Posts by Mr.Runster
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2015, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.Runster
It's Cody Reed!
United States, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Jan 2015
235 Posts
Got the Fox yesterday. Looks fantastic. Purchased Tower Pro mg90s servos for all surfaces, solid 6mm cf rod for wing joiner, cf strips for wing, rudder, vert stab, and horizontal stab. Extended balsa ailerons (26 inch), and balsa elevator. I am also making a T-beam going down the fuselage. Everything will be covered with 5 mil white laminate (I had never seen white laminate, I thought it was always clear) which I think should give it a good scale look and tons of protection. I bought a whole roll (18"x200' !!! The deal was too good to pass up.) so will be giving some out/selling some soon. I'll post pics in a week or two when I get around to building it!
Mr.Runster is online now Find More Posts by Mr.Runster
Old Jan 06, 2016, 11:38 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.Runster
It's Cody Reed!
United States, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Jan 2015
235 Posts
Finished my build finally. I did a lot of modifications which include carbon strips to the wings, vertical stabilizer, and a solid carbon rod going the length of the fuselage to the very tip of the tail. The wings are very stiff! The ailerons were extended and substituted for balsa, so was the elevator. I added blue Ultracote to the bottom of the wings. Fuselage was glued together with white gorilla glue. I taped it in some places and then everything was covered with 5 mil white laminate, wings fuse, tail. I added as much weight as I could to the hollow cavity in the nose where the motor is supposed to go and then filled it with gorilla glue. This spot looked like a real weak point because of the cavity, this should fix that.

Servos are TowerPro MG90D and are powerful little guys! Tape hinges for the ailerons and I used 2-20 rods with steel clevises for the linkages and they are extremely stiff! Covered with Aloft Hobbies small bump servo covers. Gold-n-rod for the elevator goes through the fuselage. Rudder pushrod was a spare I had from another plane and had a plastic clevis.