Old Jun 04, 2011, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by Spaceshuttle1
United States, NV, Pahrump
Joined Jun 2005
844 Posts
Discussion
Rcwarez

Has any one ordered and received from them
I see they are a site sponsor but have not heard anything good or bad...?
They do have good prices listed and seem to have all of the new item including the FMS items and 17, lx f4u and the cat

I have emailed them a few times but never a answer

I did place an order was surprised on low shipping but of course item not to be shipped till next week??
Spaceshuttle1 is offline Find More Posts by Spaceshuttle1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2011, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by chalmrast
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceshuttle1 View Post
Has any one ordered and received from them
I see they are a site sponsor but have not heard anything good or bad...?
They do have good prices listed and seem to have all of the new item including the FMS items and 17, lx f4u and the cat

I have emailed them a few times but never a answer

I did place an order was surprised on low shipping but of course item not to be shipped till next week??
I ordered from them before they changed their name to RC Warez. Used to be Southern Cross or something.

The rep is on RCG and goes by "rorrock" I ordered some retract parts and I found the communication was great and the transaction was smooth!
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Old Jun 08, 2011, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by Scooter592
Joined Jun 2011
2 Posts
Don't shop with Rcwarez....

Yes I ordered on the 2 Feb 2011 a ESC and some retracts from Southern Cross which is now Rcwarez. I got the ESC delivered but the Retract didn't come. Took 5 to 6 weeks to even get a response from Rob Orrock He spun me some line about his supplier moving and not telling him....Anyway he said they would be in two weeks....NOT. Over 5 months later still NO retracts...So I cantact Rob Again via e-mail and changed my order to a plane which he was shipping to me two weeks ago....And you guessed it NO plane NO retracts and worst of all they have MY money...And once again can't contact them. As Bad as Banana Hobby. com
Scooter592 is offline Find More Posts by Scooter592
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by killer vtwin
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,205 Posts
Thats to bad I a hoping these guys would do right .they will never get my money
killer vtwin is offline Find More Posts by killer vtwin
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:49 PM
Find More Posts by ausfester
Joined Dec 2010
3 Posts
I'm not sure what you guys are on about but i just ordered and have received a MB Tornado airframe and have had nothing but a fantastic experience. Rob is very friendly and was available at anytime for assistance.
From ordering to delivery took 3 days. What more can you ask for?

I would recommend him and RCWarez to anyone.
ausfester is offline Find More Posts by ausfester
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:45 PM
Find More Posts by Scooter592
Joined Jun 2011
2 Posts
Just an update on my order from Rcwarez.

I received my order about a month ago and the plane was the Dynam Trogen T28 and it's great to fly really good value for money. I've been flying it with a 25c 3s 11.4v 2200mah and a 30c 3s 11.4v 3000mah battery most the time and get 5 to 6 mins. Also tried a 20c 4s 14.1v 22mah battery which gives it a bit more go. Good things come to those who wait.

I just swapped out the stock retracts as the where not very reliable and I've had a few belly landings hopefully the new retracts will be better.

Thanks Rob
Scooter592 is offline Find More Posts by Scooter592
Last edited by Scooter592; Jul 18, 2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: mistake
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:23 PM
jbc
Find More Posts by jbc
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,493 Posts
I've ordered from Rcwarez when he was still southern cross rc and had no problems at all. Even spoke to Rob over the phone and he was super helpful, I wouldn't hesitate in ordering from him again.
jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Old Aug 04, 2011, 11:33 PM
Find More Posts by Goody63
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,176 Posts
Rcwarez Customer

Another new customer and no complaints so far.

Just ordered a Dynam Meteor and great communication so far.

I'll let you know if there are any problems.
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Old Aug 05, 2011, 01:22 AM
jbc
Find More Posts by jbc
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter592 View Post
Yes I ordered on the 2 Feb 2011 a ESC and some retracts from Southern Cross which is now Rcwarez. I got the ESC delivered but the Retract didn't come. Took 5 to 6 weeks to even get a response from Rob Orrock He spun me some line about his supplier moving and not telling him....Anyway he said they would be in two weeks....NOT. Over 5 months later still NO retracts...So I cantact Rob Again via e-mail and changed my order to a plane which he was shipping to me two weeks ago....And you guessed it NO plane NO retracts and worst of all they have MY money...And once again can't contact them. As Bad as Banana Hobby. com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter592 View Post
Just an update on my order from Rcwarez.

I received my order about a month ago and the plane was the Dynam Trogen T28 and it's great to fly really good value for money. I've been flying it with a 25c 3s 11.4v 2200mah and a 30c 3s 11.4v 3000mah battery most the time and get 5 to 6 mins. Also tried a 20c 4s 14.1v 22mah battery which gives it a bit more go. Good things come to those who wait.

I just swapped out the stock retracts as the where not very reliable and I've had a few belly landings hopefully the new retracts will be better.

Thanks Rob
Hey Scooter just curious because in your first post you say you've been waiting 5 months and no order and yet 10 days later you post that you received you plane 1 month ago (which is more than 10 days ), what gives?
Old Aug 05, 2011, 01:26 AM
jbc
Find More Posts by jbc
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausfester View Post
I'm not sure what you guys are on about but i just ordered and have received a MB Tornado airframe and have had nothing but a fantastic experience. Rob is very friendly and was available at anytime for assistance.
From ordering to delivery took 3 days. What more can you ask for?

I would recommend him and RCWarez to anyone.
LOL maybe I'm cynical but this user 'ausfester' looks a bit fake to me start date...1 post...specifically this thread....c'mon...
Old Aug 05, 2011, 02:15 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
LOL maybe I'm cynical but this user 'ausfester' looks a bit fake to me start date...1 post...specifically this thread....c'mon...
Thought the same but don't think anyone should be too concerned at this stage.

However what's the go with where this company is based?

I was a little surprised when I got charged GST (at the last moment) from a model that's obviously being posted from Asia.

Are they Oz based??
Old Aug 05, 2011, 03:44 AM
jbc
Find More Posts by jbc
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,493 Posts
Yeah he's based in Brisbane which is why he would have had to charge GST. I would've thought he should put some kind of notice regarding that for Aussie buyers that means the prices on his site are really overseas prices not Aussie as it's Australian law that you MUST include GST in your advertised price.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:14 PM
Find More Posts by TopSpin
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
ausfester only has one post and it is in this thread. I think you are right.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 06, 2011, 12:14 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,176 Posts
Quote:
Yeah he's based in Brisbane which is why he would have had to charge GST. I would've thought he should put some kind of notice regarding that for Aussie buyers that means the prices on his site are really overseas prices not Aussie as it's Australian law that you MUST include GST in your advertised price.
Yeah. Comes as a last minute surprise (to Oz buyers) but still seemed like a pretty good deal.

Actually (and completely off topic ) was just looking at your Nicefly F-35 review. May have to put a HET setup into the Meteor. Love the sound of a nice EDF!!
Old Aug 06, 2011, 02:42 AM
jbc
Find More Posts by jbc
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,493 Posts
Thanks Goody, if it's one thing I've found it's that the key to pleasant sounding EDF is...BALANCE, BALANCE and you guessed it.....BALANCE