Feb 06, 2015, 01:00 AM
quite a bit of work been done since last time I saw this. nice work my friend.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2015, 07:17 AM
smithy
Nice work demon. Hey Rich how are you, good to see you back.
Feb 09, 2015, 08:34 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7
quite a bit of work been done since last time I saw this. nice work my friend.
Rich, I though you where Gone from RCG for good my brother!

What have you been up to?
Feb 09, 2015, 08:35 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy
Nice work demon. Hey Rich how are you, good to see you back.
You and Me Both Mate!
Jul 20, 2015, 03:04 PM
Any latest info or update on your Cords DD?
Jul 20, 2015, 03:18 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordefan2
Any latest info or update on your Cords DD?
Sammy!!!. I thought one of those man eating Canadian Moose got you Brother!

I've done some work on them. . . .I'll post some updates when I can Sir. . . How's your Giant SST?
Jul 21, 2015, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver
Sammy!!!. I thought one of those man eating Canadian Moose got you Brother!

I've done some work on them. . . .I'll post some updates when I can Sir. . . How's your Giant SST?
Life has become very busy after starting Paradigm models training course classes fr the community bro plus Renovations business is going very strong now days so not many hours left in a day to do any work on my babies.....
Jul 22, 2015, 08:38 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Thread OP
Quote:
Life has become very busy after starting Paradigm models training course classes fr the community bro plus Renovations business is going very strong now days so not many hours left in a day to do any work on my babies.....
At least your busy staying active Sam. . .. But I do hope you get time to spend on your RC projects soon.
Oct 12, 2015, 10:30 PM
Any updates on these beautiful SSTs....
Nov 19, 2015, 05:38 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Thread OP
Quote:
Any updates on these beautiful SSTs....
Thankyou Sam!
Yes indeed Sir!

I'm hollowing out the right and left wings of my BOAC Cordelia before I add the internal carbon fiber wing spars.
Nov 23, 2015, 01:21 AM
Good to see ur back at it DD. How far deep you are hollowing out the wing?. If I was to take a guess, just as far into as wing's flatness before wing's geometry starts to curve into anhedrial angle...
Nov 23, 2015, 01:48 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordefan3
Good to see ur back at it DD. How far deep you are hollowing out the wing?. If I was to take a guess, just as far into as wing's flatness before wing's geometry starts to curve into anhedrial angle...
I'm going in 5-6 inches tops. . . It's making a difference though.

Next I'll add 3 carbon-fiber wing spars to join both wing together.
Dec 04, 2015, 11:12 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
Gotta sub this... can't wait to see more of this one
Dec 05, 2015, 12:01 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardW
Gotta sub this... can't wait to see more of this one
. . . . . More on the way Sir!
Dec 05, 2015, 02:02 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Concorde is one of my favourite aircraft ... having watched my Father deeply involved in its commissioning and service.
Interestingly - a common misconception by many is held that she flew BOAC ... which in fact she never did. A fiction strengthened by BA using the G-BOAC aircraft as its 'flagship'.

Concorde in fact was liveried in the BAC colours and then brought in the Union Jack livery before changing to full BA livery.

There were variations at times ... such as the 'half and half' .. BA + Braniff for a short while and the Pepsi livery (notably unable to fly supersonic to avoid peeling the paint !).

And of course PanAm never flew Concorde ... in fact was an adversary in the war to get her cleared for US service. At that time PanAm was on its last legs and shortly to disappear from world stage.

Sitting and listening to my Father ... he was a Senior in the UK's CAA and heavily involved in Concordes flight routing / service commissioning .... He always commented that no matter that she was a ground-breaking aircraft - the future was in high seat numbers - not speed.
His example was to compare seat numbers vs time ... that of a 747 and Concorde. The 747 would always deliver more and cheaper despite Concordes faster speed. The number of flights needed by Concorde to match numbers did not mathematically work. This fact has been born out as we now see... with wide body expansion and seat numbers.

Something that always surprised me was that the Military were never interested in her despite lobbying. Unlike the Russians who used the TU144 to provide a base mark to develop the TU160. Note that the Tu160 is now granted a new lease of life in Russia as they are now building more and in fact using them in their Syria campaign.
Concorde was of course in competition - if you can call it that - with other specifically designed military aircraft. Its role would have been limited unlike the VC10 and Comet that were found wide ranging roles.
It is noted that even the French did not evolve Concorde into anything other than Civil use.

The life of Concorde was basically decided and sealed in her design and instrumentation. She sadly became a 'dinosaur' flying amongst digital FBW Airbus and others. The amount of redesign and modification needed to bring her up to date far outweighing any hint of benefits. She retired well after her intended life .. which further illustrates how good the design was.

My father tried to push me to flight school and often said I would be on Concorde, he even reserved a place at Flight School, something not usually allowed but his position offered. I of course rebelled and went to sea instead !

Just thought I'd post ...

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Life goes on and new boat

Quick Reply