HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2013, 01:24 PM
Joined May 2013
13 Posts
Discussion
Need hep with corrosion removal on battery pack connection

Anyone know a good way to get rid of green corrosion on the male/female connections to the baterypack for a hitec radio?
Guess i shouldn't have flown off the wet field last year....problem is i live in Sweden where there aren't a whole lot of nice summer days.......Thanks
speedybanzai is offline Find More Posts by speedybanzai
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2013, 03:29 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedybanzai View Post
Anyone know a good way to get rid of green corrosion on the male/female connections to the baterypack for a hitec radio?
Guess i shouldn't have flown off the wet field last year....problem is i live in Sweden where there aren't a whole lot of nice summer days.......Thanks
Which Tx model?
Contact LHS or your local distributor direct, replacements for both individual cell connectors or the old removable
packs are available most areas.
Fastest and probably easiest, is to replace the connectors with a short heavy duty extension lead.
Cut and solder the female socket in place of the Tx pads and the male plug onto the battery pack.
Any other form of repair to old pads is doomed to unexpected failure.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old May 07, 2013, 03:50 PM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
4,057 Posts
If this is the result of having some NiCad batteries rupture or leak, it is probably what is know as "black wire Disease". If so, where the wire itself has turned a blue/black or black color and become very brittle, it is an irreversable condition. The only solution is complete removal and replacement with new wire. if you go to www.hangtimes.com/redsbatteryclinic.html you will find a pretty good write up on "black wire disease".
Rodney is offline Find More Posts by Rodney