Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 09, 2014, 12:38 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
your last picture on the right is the new control rod ends. they glue onto the round carbon rods and take the place of the zbends. Current Twisted Hobbys manual explains how to assemble these in the Appendix. There is a new manual in the works to show all the nice new upgrades and improvements to the kit and hardware since its original release.
cdee
Ah gotcha. How about the 5 little black metal washers also included in the kit? What are those for?

It seems that EPP on my crack yak is quite floppy (thinner), a lot more than say my EPP popwing. Are all 3d aircraft like this? Wouldn't a stiffer airframe be more precise than say the EPP version? (it would be as crash proof for sure).
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2014, 06:14 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Ah gotcha. How about the 5 little black metal washers also included in the kit? What are those for?

It seems that EPP on my crack yak is quite floppy (thinner), a lot more than say my EPP popwing. Are all 3d aircraft like this? Wouldn't a stiffer airframe be more precise than say the EPP version? (it would be as crash proof for sure).
Little black washers are the "keepers" that get pushed onto the pins of the little silver adjustable blocks and are to hold the assembly together on a servo arm.

The thickness of the EPP on the Mini is selected according to the size of the airframe, there are other bigger Twisted Hobbys' planes that have thick EPP, but don't be fooled, it may "seem" floppy (if you are not familiar with these airframes) but it is very durable, and if damaged, very easy to repair.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Jul 09, 2014, 01:40 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
Little black washers are the "keepers" that get pushed onto the pins of the little silver adjustable blocks and are to hold the assembly together on a servo arm.

The thickness of the EPP on the Mini is selected according to the size of the airframe, there are other bigger Twisted Hobbys' planes that have thick EPP, but don't be fooled, it may "seem" floppy (if you are not familiar with these airframes) but it is very durable, and if damaged, very easy to repair.
cdee
Oh now I get it. I've used those silver metal pods as the motor mounts....... Only read the 2012 manual while building, couldn't find out what those pieces were. I'll replace mine with those provided then. Slop free crack yak here we come!

Would you mind taking a picture of the servo to control rod connection? Still a bit puzzled on how the rod is connected to the silver pin. Also guessing that the motor is just screwed on? (no plastic spacers included)

EDIT: nevermind....apparently those motor screws that I used to mount the motor to the silver pin was the part that you use to secure the cf rod :P.
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Last edited by Cheese5; Jul 09, 2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:01 PM
Citius, Altius, 3D
Sweden, Östergötland County, Linköping
Joined Oct 2012
186 Posts
Hey guys,

I have had a blast with my CYM but it has been out of order for quite some time due to a minor mishap while flying in pitch dark (with LED lights). It is easy to see the plane but not the surrounding objects . I ripped up the motor mount flying into a fence .

Well, due to poor weather I got the time to finally repair the CYM. The entire nose section is now replaced and I also made some additional changes. I have reduced the weight by removing the LED lights and is now running the CYM on 2S/180 mAh lipos. While at it I also fixed the flimsy tail section.

AUW is now 87g.

Attached are a few pictures of the "fixed" CYM.

Again due the weather I pulled myself together and cleaned out and re-organized my garage. When finished I realized I now have my own indoor flying site .

It is not ideal but it works (at least for the CYM, the MXS-C is really demanding more space).

Cheers,
Leif

Flying in the garage (2 min 38 sec)
3dxspin is online now Find More Posts by 3dxspin
Last edited by 3dxspin; Jul 19, 2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:18 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dxspin View Post
Cheers,
Leif
1. Great flying! (Including the Blooper footage....)

2. Really like your airframe repair stand.

3. That garage looks like an awesome Man Cave.

4. What are you hiding in there, behind the plastic sheeting?

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:37 PM
Citius, Altius, 3D
Sweden, Östergötland County, Linköping
Joined Oct 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
1. Great flying! (Including the Blooper footage....)

2. Really like your airframe repair stand.

3. That garage looks like an awesome Man Cave.

4. What are you hiding in there, behind the plastic sheeting?

Thanks pugsam,

@ #4 That's where I keep the liquid for my repair stand .
3dxspin is online now Find More Posts by 3dxspin
Last edited by 3dxspin; Jul 19, 2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:54 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dxspin View Post
Thanks pugsam,
@ #4 That's were I keep the liquid for my repair stand .
Ah, the Air Fleet is electric-powered, but the pilot is liquid-fueled!

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam