Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
Discussion
XPS Receivers

Does anyone know or have any idea why XPS are still unable to supply receivers I was advised in 2011 that new receivers would become available in late 2011, here we are almost at the end of 2012 and still no stock, I have used XPS equipment for many years I have been extremely pleased with the design and the reliability of the product but as an older rc user with most of my life spent in the electronic trade I have a bad feeling about these delays and excuses offered as to why XPS is unable to resolve the problems I am unable to believe that delays have been caused by FAA or faulty components

Keith 66
Keith66 is offline Find More Posts by Keith66
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:24 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,406 Posts
There are other threads dealing with this issue but we are all still wondering
RyanNX211 is online now Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:42 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
No FAA issues. There were FCC issues, which is public information.. anyone can determine that by looking up the FCC ID for a product and see changes as they occur. There will be an announcement about the entire product in the near future... and it's all positive news.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Dec 2007
239 Posts
Near Future? Days, Weeks, Months? I am hoping for days (less than a week) if it is good news.
Uff-Da RC is offline Find More Posts by Uff-Da RC
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:17 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,374 Posts
Maybe the news is that Santa will actually be able to supply receivers before Christmas.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:33 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR2 View Post
Maybe the news is that Santa will actually be able to supply receivers before Christmas.
Ho, Ho,Ho,Ho!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:35 AM
Look Up
United States, TN, Jamestown
Joined Nov 2003
1,174 Posts
Or transmitters. One can only hope.
CiprianGugu is offline Find More Posts by CiprianGugu
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:53 PM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianGugu View Post
Or transmitters. One can only hope.
The Aurora 9 with XPS module is a good interim step if you need a Tx upgrade. I took the A9 route quite a while back after I outgrew my MX16. Thus far it's had all the extra features I needed. For receivers you can post a wanted in the classifieds section. Somebody probably willing to ship some extras.
dennisjm is online now Find More Posts by dennisjm
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:31 PM
Look Up
United States, TN, Jamestown
Joined Nov 2003
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulicheng View Post
The Aurora 9 with XPS module is a good interim step if you need a Tx upgrade. I took the A9 route quite a while back after I outgrew my MX16. Thus far it's had all the extra features I needed. For receivers you can post a wanted in the classifieds section. Somebody probably willing to ship some extras.
Oh, I am ok. I am using a Spektrum DX8 for everything now. I sold all my receivers, except a nano-e receiver. I might just sell the nano too since I don't use it now, maybe someone can use it. When the transmitter comes out, I will buy it, and I will get new nanos. I am just not interested in the A9. Just don't like the look of it.
CiprianGugu is offline Find More Posts by CiprianGugu
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:29 PM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,306 Posts
Quote:
Oh, I am ok. I am using a Spektrum DX8 for everything now. I sold all my receivers, except a nano-e receiver. I might just sell the nano too since I don't use it now, maybe someone can use it. When the transmitter comes out, I will buy it, and I will get new nanos. I am just not interested in the A9. Just don't like the look of it.
I don't care what a transmitter looks like. I am only interested in how well it performs the functions I need along with the feel and balance. When I had to give up single stick after ACE went out of business, I tried all the asian plastic porcupines and none were satisfactory. I finally found the Cockpit MM which led me to the Evo. When XPS came out with the Evo module, I have every thing I need. I am still not sure if the new XPS transmitter will be satisfactory since it looks too much like the transmitters that failed MY usability test.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2004
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckA View Post
I don't care what a transmitter looks like. I am only interested in how well it performs the functions I need along with the feel and balance. When I had to give up single stick after ACE went out of business, I tried all the asian plastic porcupines and none were satisfactory. I finally found the Cockpit MM which led me to the Evo. When XPS came out with the Evo module, I have every thing I need. I am still not sure if the new XPS transmitter will be satisfactory since it looks too much like the transmitters that failed MY usability test.
I have an EVO 12 but it does not have autotrim. Does yours?
dirtybird is offline Find More Posts by dirtybird
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:04 AM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
I have an EVO 12 but it does not have autotrim. Does yours?
My Evo doesn't have autotrim. The Micropro was the only transmitter I ever owned that had autortim and I didn't use it because I preferred to adjust the linkages to center the control surfaces with the trims set to zero. That way, I was able to use the same transmitter for all my models. I normally never have to make large trim changes unless there have been large temperature changes since the last time the model was flown.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:46 AM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2004
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckA View Post
My Evo doesn't have autotrim. The Micropro was the only transmitter I ever owned that had autortim and I didn't use it because I preferred to adjust the linkages to center the control surfaces with the trims set to zero. That way, I was able to use the same transmitter for all my models. I normally never have to make large trim changes unless there have been large temperature changes since the last time the model was flown.
If you had autotrim, you could use it on the first flight then reset the linkages to what autotrim set them to and keep your trim settings at zero.
dirtybird is offline Find More Posts by dirtybird
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:15 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
1,956 Posts
Quote:
I am just not interested in the A9. Just don't like the look of it.
Looks are decieving then. The A9 absolutely ROCKS from a functionality and programming perspective. It can perform mixes that Spektrum users can only dream about and the touchscreen makes it that much easier. Everything is intuitive. - I dumped my DX-7 for this. Add an XPS module and their radio link and Nanos and you've got an unbeatable combination.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:13 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
Looks are decieving then. The A9 absolutely ROCKS from a functionality and programming perspective. It can perform mixes that Spektrum users can only dream about and the touchscreen makes it that much easier. Everything is intuitive. - I dumped my DX-7 for this. Add an XPS module and their radio link and Nanos and you've got an unbeatable combination.
What does the radio link do for you?
I like the programmabilty of the A9 vs the DX8 but it's a harder Tx to keep clean for gas flyers.