HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:51 AM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
718 Posts
Discussion
Hawker Hunter EPO 90mm EDF Swiss Air Force @ HK

I ordered one from the US warehouse...anyone else have one yet?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=24730

59" long, 43"span. I'm Planing for a 2500watt-ish 6s setup on CS90 12 blade or Jetfan 90. Should make a for nice relaxing and nice sized foamy. From the reviews i have read...Hunters never disapoint (except intake area...note cheater) . I will upgrade retracts to the 7.99 e-tracts from HK. I will post what i think when it shows up.
Air-Jon is online now Find More Posts by Air-Jon
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:44 AM
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Mar 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon View Post

59" long, 43"span. I'm Planing for a 2500watt-ish 6s setup on CS90 12 blade or Jetfan 90. Should make a for nice relaxing and nice sized foamy. From the reviews i have read...Hunters never disapoint (except intake area...note cheater) . I will upgrade retracts to the 7.99 e-tracts from HK. I will post what i think when it shows up.
You will not be dissapointed. The jet flies really good and can build up some good speed too. It is the flyfly kit and check out this thread
Fly-Fly Hawker Hunter at EJF.COM

Good luck.
Graham d is offline Find More Posts by Graham d
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:00 AM
Burlington On
Joined Aug 2006
76 Posts
hunter

I too am looking at this Jet. I will follow your build and appreciate your recommendations for Mods and Power Pac. Cheers
PRITZ is online now Find More Posts by PRITZ
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:08 AM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham d View Post
You will not be dissapointed. The jet flies really good and can build up some good speed too. It is the flyfly kit and check out this thread
Fly-Fly Hawker Hunter at EJF.COM

Good luck.
Thanks Graham. I thought this maybe the Fly Fly kit but thought they only did EPS foam. I am excited about it and will check out the Fly Fly HH thread.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:07 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,965 Posts
Hunter

Time flies, I guess and so does my Hunter, I still have it flying after two years and many events, it's a point where you want and it goes, I guess I can compare it to a Pattern plane. I love the new scheme. Here is a link to the build thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1283731

Ralph
CRCJA is online now Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Mar 2011
423 Posts
Here is a vid of my Hunter this weekend;
FlyFly Hawker Hunter-1/1 (3 min 41 sec)
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:17 PM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
718 Posts
The hunter flies nice in the video. Mine was delivered damaged. The people packing the order put the batteries i ordered in the airplane box and they crushed up the plane pretty good. After HK refundes the money for the kit after some effort. So i could glue the broken bits back together....but one wing is badly warped...and so are the vert and horz stab. Is there a good way to unwarp the parts? I imagine some heat would be involved as the foam is pretty stiff and will crack. It may not be worth the time.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:05 AM
Joined Mar 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
The hunter flies nice in the video. Mine was delivered damaged. The people packing the order put the batteries i ordered in the airplane box and they crushed up the plane pretty good. After HK refundes the money for the kit after some effort. So i could glue the broken bits back together....but one wing is badly warped...and so are the vert and horz stab. Is there a good way to unwarp the parts? I imagine some heat would be involved as the foam is pretty stiff and will crack. It may not be worth the time.
Bad luck on that....

I do not like to heat the EPO as it tends to bubble. Perhaps try and straighten out by placing heavy items on them and leave it for a few hours.....
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:03 AM
Bond, Hotglue Bond
Joined Apr 2006
4,054 Posts
Use very hot but not boiling water, maybe 85 degC.

Let the water run over the piece and then carefully knead it until it regains shape.

This is a lovely plane, I had the 70mm from lander and was my fav. The most elegant Brit jet.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:36 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Quote:

I started on Fly-Fly version one as well as we speak, just joint the wings, needed lot of heat gun heat to shape it back to fit in the ply former.
I'm fitting in 8S power system as in my previous one I built few years ago destroying it "twice" while using incompatable 36 meg RX. I hate the look of this model especially the camo colour scheme, but must ad it was a great flier. I only got it because it was so cheap I couldn't refuse, J.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Found also lot of warping mainly along air intakes, careful heat up on both sides with heat gun and held in correct shape till cool down does the job. J.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:14 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,872 Posts
Anyone have the FF kit know if it will fit a large 6S pack (5500-5800mah size)?

Also any balance issues (with large battery), problems, tips?
Thanks Eric
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 4stripes; Sep 24, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
6,978 Posts
I could fit a 8s5000 in mine no problem.

FlyFly Hawker Hunter 125MPH (2 min 58 sec)

Compilation of Hawker Hunter flights (2 min 54 sec)

FlyFly Hawker Hunter (2 min 50 sec)

FlyFly Hawker Hunter Maiden 3.1kw Watts! (3 min 19 sec)
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:44 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
After preparation of air intake duckting and sealing it off I gave it gloss coating before sticking two halfs together. Changing the blobby colour scheme to something more livelier, Joe.