Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 26, 2010, 07:49 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
Whoops!
E-flite UH-1 Boom Strike

Have you ever heard that little voice in your head say; "Don't fly! Something isn't right!"? Well I heard that little voice this evening when I went out to fly my Blade CP with the UH-1 body in the shop. Some items were rearranged leaving very little floor space. I thought to myself; "No problem I have this bird trimmed and I want to hover around for awhile". So I am hovering and all is right with the world. Of course I will not be satisfied with that, so I land and adjust the throttle and pitch curve a little. I start to spool back up and the throttle advances a little too fast for the 3-N-1 gyro and my thumbs...BAM!!! I hit the top of the rabbit judging table and it slams the blades into the boom!

I just checked and Horizon Hobby sells a full line of replacement parts...except for the body! I didn't break anything but the body!

Oh, well maybe next time I will listen to the little voice!

Brian
Brill 1 is offline Find More Posts by Brill 1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:42 PM
I used to be all thumbs...
United States, KS, Pittsburg
Joined Mar 2005
7,060 Posts
That sucks Brian!!!

Sorry to see it!!
NumbSkull is online now Find More Posts by NumbSkull
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:53 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
Oh, well. I didn't listen to the voice or move the rabbit table. My fault!

I need to disassemble the heli and see what else is bent/broken. I had just replaced the main shaft!

Brian
Brill 1 is offline Find More Posts by Brill 1