Jul 31, 2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harddrive8
Haha. You'd probably be lucky to get a trash bag full of "cardboard mulch" with some "monokote confetti" scattered throughout.
LOL...that is an awesome word picture!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2012, 06:50 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4
I liked how the boxes for my 87 SHP all had big notices on them saying "DO NOT FORK".
People will stab the boxes? haha
Jul 31, 2012, 09:07 PM
customstandoffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4
I liked how the boxes for my 87 SHP all had big notices on them saying "DO NOT FORK".
I fork all the time.
I even get to fork at work now.
I went to a special class so now all I have to do is sign my name on a sheet of paper and I can fork all day. Out behind the building, in the big rolloff dumpster, even in the spray booth. Sometimes me and the guy I work with take turns forking but I like it so I usually don't let him have a turn.
Jul 31, 2012, 09:17 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
I once bought a Mackie 32 channel audio mixer that also said "Do Not Fork", and you could see where they had pivoted a fork lift fork right over the top of it and literally broke off over half of the knobs on it. That's 18 knobs per channel (not including the level faders), and something like 25 of the channels got the knobs broke off....(about 450 knobs).... When I saw the box, I freaked and made the UPS driver stay there until I could lift the torn cardboard to look at it, I then just told him to take it back!!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jul 31, 2012, 09:21 PM
I definitely prefer forking over spooning.
Jul 31, 2012, 09:41 PM
3d NOOBular
Thread OP
Ok... time to go get my 48 edge out for repairs... It should take under an hour barring any disruptions.
Jul 31, 2012, 09:46 PM
Is that the one that...well YOU didnt exactly crash?
Jul 31, 2012, 10:57 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala
I fork all the time.
I even get to fork at work now.
I went to a special class so now all I have to do is sign my name on a sheet of paper and I can fork all day. Out behind the building, in the big rolloff dumpster, even in the spray booth. Sometimes me and the guy I work with take turns forking but I like it so I usually don't let him have a turn.
I worked at a landscaping firm where they had two skidsteers and a tractor for five years. the skidsteers were so much fun to drive at first. I'd get it stuck in the mud and claw it out with the forks or the bucket. shoot down an aisle in turbo and cross control for a 20' power slide. once we used the tractor and bucket to build a ramp and a jump--for a golf cart.

then years 3, 4, 5, it just became a job!
Aug 01, 2012, 01:44 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
I worked at a landscaping firm where they had two skidsteers and a tractor for five years. the skidsteers were so much fun to drive at first. I'd get it stuck in the mud and claw it out with the forks or the bucket. shoot down an aisle in turbo and cross control for a 20' power slide. once we used the tractor and bucket to build a ramp and a jump--for a golf cart.

then years 3, 4, 5, it just became a job!
But the real thing is that fun you were having taught you to be a proficient operator. I can remember when I first started driving fork trucks .... slow and steady, now its grab and go.
Aug 01, 2012, 02:02 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Hey guys....

I posted this on the "Fly low" thread, but thought I would post it here too....If anybody has a crashed wing from a 7X size plane, that has a good blind nut in it, I could sure use it. I was finishing up my 71" Slick, and when I put the right wing on, the screw wouldn't tighten up. I figured it was a bad screw, but after trying two more, I find that the blind nut itself is bad. So...if you have one, I would sure appreciate you sending it my way....please....

Edit.....yes, they are M6...

SteveT
Last edited by SteveT.; Aug 01, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Aug 01, 2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Hey guys....

I posted this on the "Fly low" thread, but thought I would post it here too....If anybody has a crashed wing from a 7X size plane, that has a good blind nut in it, I could sure use it. I was finishing up my 71" Slick, and when I put the right wing on, the screw wouldn't tighten up. I figured it was a bad screw, but after trying two more, I find that the blind nut itself is bad. So...if you have one, I would sure appreciate you sending it my way....please....

SteveT
what size is the blind nut... 4mm? 5mm?

You can get blind nuts cheaply and quickly from trimcraftaviationrc.com:

http://www.trimcraftaviationrc.com/i...index&cPath=42

would probably be just as fast as getting some mailed from another addict. Gino sends stuff out same day via USPS.
HTH
Aug 01, 2012, 09:51 AM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34
But the real thing is that fun you were having taught you to be a proficient operator. I can remember when I first started driving fork trucks .... slow and steady, now its grab and go.
very true. had a few experiences that showed very clearly the power of heavy machinery.
Aug 01, 2012, 10:35 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
what size is the blind nut... 4mm? 5mm?

You can get blind nuts cheaply and quickly from trimcraftaviationrc.com:

http://www.trimcraftaviationrc.com/i...index&cPath=42

would probably be just as fast as getting some mailed from another addict. Gino sends stuff out same day via USPS.
HTH
I was gonna suggest the same thing but noticed that Gino only has up to 5mm blind nuts. Steve needs a 6mm one.
Aug 01, 2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34
I was gonna suggest the same thing but noticed that Gino only has up to 5mm blind nuts. Steve needs a 6mm one.
Yeah I figured that out when I read one of Steve's posts about this on another thread. I'll tell Gino to start stocking 6mm blind nuts
Aug 01, 2012, 10:49 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by tho98027
I definitely prefer forking over spooning.
Yeah man. Those spoons, they're just awful.
The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon by Richard Gale (10 min 17 sec)

Quick Reply