SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 01, 2010, 11:00 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
hope the weather is good enough for you to fly brother!
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2010, 03:47 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,466 Posts
The cables and connectors have arrived so I'm going to wire up tonight so at least have menu and RSSI display tested while I wait for the GPS and Isens. very exciting!

if I got ArduIMU would that tell OSD how to stabilise the plane on autopilot?

and presumably the magnetic compass would be best suited for helis or anything that flew slow enough to not get accurate GPS heading?

if you're in the mood for coding Daniel, would you consider a home arrow or something other than the little H on the compass? Or is there something new already in DOSD+? I just googled DOSD videos and it's all I can see. I think I prefer knowing where home is whithout having to turn the plane round 'till it comes into view...but then I'm not an experienced FPV'er so maybe it's something you get used to

OK I'm off to warm up the soldering iron...
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Apr 01, 2010, 04:08 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2006
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
Can you try it without the PPM cable connected and see if the problem persists? I'm just wondering if something might be affecting the video sync detection.

Daniel
hey daniel, john.. good news.. my bad.. i label'ed the video wire wrong, DOH!!, it was reversed.. so all is well now.. sorry for the drama..
thanks..
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Apr 01, 2010, 04:09 PM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
I couldn't wait for the compass so I hooked up just the camera to the DOSD+ and some uncharged NiMH batteries and then to my video display. I'm happy to say that everything seemed to work. Even with no sensors connected the battery voltage and a timer appeared on the upper left of the screen. Both appeared to be scaled off screen, but I'm sure I'll be able to fix that in the settings, right? Now I just need to wait for the compass to arrive and for the batteries to charge. So far so good!
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna
Old Apr 01, 2010, 06:33 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
OK I'm off to warm up the soldering iron...
ARRRGHHHHH my brother popped in and I've done nothing tomorrow morning I'm off camping in the rain for 4 days I just want to set up my OSD!!!!!!!
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Apr 01, 2010, 06:43 PM
Outta Sight
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Jul 2008
938 Posts
Quote:
Roland,
In the meantime, I have added your suggestion for the DMS displays. The latest firmware, which you can download from the support site, supports the older decimal display, as well as DMS.s and DM.mmm which you can select from the menu.

Daniel
Fantastic Daniel, thanks very much.
The ability to react to forum suggestions and implement them with such a short turn around makes this product, and you guys, an excellent combination.
Cheers,
Roland
RolandS888 is offline Find More Posts by RolandS888
Old Apr 01, 2010, 07:48 PM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I'm using this camera: http://www.2mcctv.com/product_info-S...EVMN320NH.html
How do I rescale the overlay so it fits?
A bit OT but another question, any suggestions for a cheap, tiny composite line amplifier? I'm sending the signal over a 100 foot mini RG59U cable and it looks pretty crappy on the other end. Any suggestions?
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna
Old Apr 01, 2010, 07:58 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
gobigkahuna,

The safezone feature in the menu allows you to move the text away from the edges to fit your screen.

As for line amp:-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23

MikeTheCrash,

There are four compass modes in the OSD, one of which is a big arrow pointing to home. Take your pick. I have not yet coded the stabilization but will do that once I verify that the IMU performs adequately. You can use the magnetic compass but be aware of field distortions from nearby ferrous objects.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Apr 01, 2010, 11:25 PM
Malaysia
Joined Apr 2006
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
Renato.... WHOO HOO! Man... I was eager for you to get that soon!

For those who downlaoded the 4.7 firmware (to which ttl044 worked with Daniel to further improve the firmware).. another one has been added later on that day ... 4.8. The firmware keeps getting new stuff added on to do more and accepts more. Keep the positive input flowing guys so everyone can enjoy this even more!!! Thanks!

John
About the firmware upgrading. I have both the FTDI Basic Breakout 5v and 3.3V from sparkfun. It convert FT232RL USB to serial IC. Can this ftdi use to firmware upgrading?
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=8772
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9115

Also currently I'm using the DakarOSD with current sensor(ALLEGRO MICROSYSTEMS - ACS756SCA-050B IC). I'm planning to give a test with it. Daniel, what do you think?
plesk is offline Find More Posts by plesk
Last edited by plesk; Apr 01, 2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 12:00 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plesk View Post
About the firmware upgrading. I have both the FTDI Basic Breakout 5v and 3.3V from sparkfun. It convert FT232RL USB to serial IC. Can this ftdi use to firmware upgrading?
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=8772
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9115

Also currently I'm using the DakarOSD with current sensor(ALLEGRO MICROSYSTEMS - ACS756SCA-050B IC). I'm planning to give a test with it. Daniel, what do you think?
Once you have the ttl converter and have it connected accordinly, simply download the FREE software and use it to transfer the HEX files (new firmware) to your Dragon OSD. However please make sure all the settings are exactly as Daniel posted on his forum!!!! Please read here and all of this will make sense. http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67
http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Last edited by JMSTECH; Apr 02, 2010 at 04:04 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 12:17 AM
Malaysia
Joined Apr 2006
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
Once you have the ttl converter and have it connected accordinly, simply donload the FREE software and use it to transfer the HEX files (new firmware) to your Dragon OSD. However please make sure all the settings are exactly as Daniel posted on his forum!!!! Please read here and all of this will make sense. http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67
http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63

John
OK I will, thanks.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 05:12 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
plesk,

It may be possible to use the ACS756 sensor but I need to see the other side of the board. There should be a small regulator there and if there is, then it should work.

Daniel
Old Apr 02, 2010, 11:52 AM
Malaysia
Joined Apr 2006
187 Posts
Quote:
plesk,

It may be possible to use the ACS756 sensor but I need to see the other side of the board. There should be a small regulator there and if there is, then it should work.

Daniel
No there is no regulator. Maybe can add one
Old Apr 02, 2010, 12:06 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
plesk,

I have looked at the datasheet and it can be made to work but you will have to add a wire for the voltage sensing. You may need to change the 10k resistor to a 100ohm resistor, which is probably easy to do.

In general, though, I have found the Allegro sensors to not be as good as the SFE current sensor. I think Flytron is also coming out with a cheaper version of pretty much the same sensor. These will generally work better and provide more stable displays than the Allegro sensor will.

Daniel
Old Apr 02, 2010, 12:26 PM
Malaysia
Joined Apr 2006
187 Posts
Quote:
plesk,

I have looked at the datasheet and it can be made to work but you will have to add a wire for the voltage sensing. You may need to change the 10k resistor to a 100ohm resistor, which is probably easy to do.

In general, though, I have found the Allegro sensors to not be as good as the SFE current sensor. I think Flytron is also coming out with a cheaper version of pretty much the same sensor. These will generally work better and provide more stable displays than the Allegro sensor will.

Daniel
OK, the sparkfun current sensor is in my wishlist. So if I like give a test with my current sensor which part I had to add the wire?.