New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 08:09 AM
Find More Posts by mopetista
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,483 Posts
50mm EPO Me-262 coming

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2373531
mopetista is online now Find More Posts by mopetista
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:36 PM
Find More Posts by Turbobearcat
Joined Aug 2011
796 Posts
About damn time somebody came out with a mini version- and honestly it appears to be the same size as the GWS version... might have to think about this one...
Turbobearcat is offline Find More Posts by Turbobearcat
Old Mar 23, 2015, 08:28 AM
Find More Posts by edwen303
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2010
495 Posts
Smaller wingspan with 50mm EDF? Intake, no retract... I guess you can mate these small nacelle with GWS fuse to make a great hybrid , more scale and still powerful.

Time to modify my 262 into a lighter taildragger?
edwen303 is online now Find More Posts by edwen303
Old Apr 30, 2015, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by dLdV
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwen303 View Post
Smaller wingspan with 50mm EDF? Intake, no retract... I guess you can mate these small nacelle with GWS fuse to make a great hybrid , more scale and still powerful.

Time to modify my 262 into a lighter taildragger?
That is exactly what I'm going to do! I just ordered a pair of nacelles from BH.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Old May 28, 2015, 06:06 AM
Find More Posts by degreen60
Bloomfield, IN
Joined Nov 2006
1,002 Posts
I finally got my ME-262 to flunk crash test. It is now flying great. The problem was not the plane but they way I was launching it. I hand launch my planes with a gentle throw forward. I found on the ME-262 I have to throw with the nose down else the under wing EDF will push the plane into a loop instead of forward. Now I can get out the paint and cover up all the repair marks. I can use a new cowl if anyone has one to sell. I found a thread where someone made cowl and duck covers for the front of the EDFs. I PMed but no reply. If anyone know where these can be bought please let me know.
degreen60 is offline Find More Posts by degreen60
Old May 28, 2015, 04:08 PM
Find More Posts by Drezed
United States, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
http://www.caliberhobby.com/gws262parts.html

$10 minimum order though. :-(
Drezed is offline Find More Posts by Drezed
Old May 28, 2015, 06:44 PM
Find More Posts by **neons**
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
3,030 Posts
Yea! For 2 Zero decal sheets and a canopie @$10.50 Sub total and $13.99 ship charge E. Coast. $10 minimum order met. The parts weigh nothing. (:<( I wrote an email to Caliber Hobby complaining about the 133% shipping charges. I added another decal sheet and the shipping took another steep jump. I boosted my order with 5 parts and up to $43 and shipping went crazy. No purchases from me.

Companies like this are not doing any favors selling parts for GWS. I think GWS needs other companies to sell their products and parts.
**Neons** Bob
**neons** is offline Find More Posts by **neons**
Last edited by **neons**; May 29, 2015 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Complaining!!
Old May 28, 2015, 10:09 PM
Find More Posts by Drezed
United States, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
I know, a bummer. There had been some talk a while ago about cheaper shipping, but nothing ever materialized. I need an adapter for a 64mm EDF, but just can't justify the cost. Almost better to buy another fan. :-(

Jeff
Drezed is offline Find More Posts by Drezed
Old May 29, 2015, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
6,330 Posts
Pretty sure Caliber "IS" GWS.
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old May 29, 2015, 01:48 PM
Find More Posts by mopetista
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezed View Post
I know, a bummer. There had been some talk a while ago about cheaper shipping, but nothing ever materialized. I need an adapter for a 64mm EDF, but just can't justify the cost. Almost better to buy another fan. :-(

Jeff
you're talking about this type of shaft adapters (GWS type)?
HK sells them, here the link to the 3mm version, there are more
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3mm_Shaft.html
mopetista is online now Find More Posts by mopetista
Old May 29, 2015, 03:38 PM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
3,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
Pretty sure Caliber "IS" GWS.
I got an answer today from Caliber Hobby. Maybe I can do better doing a phone order. I sure could use some parts and reasonable shipping. I got scared away.

~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Robert

We apologize for the limitations from the computer to calculate shipping on special items like decals.

Any overcharge on shipping will be refund back to you manually when we have the actual shipping cost before shipping out your items from California.

Best regards,

CaliberHobbies.com

~~~~~~~~~
**Neons** Bob
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:00 PM
Bloomfield, IN
Joined Nov 2006
1,002 Posts
I found a problem landing in the tall grass in my hayfield. Grass is about 3 to 4 feet high and makes a good place to test planes, usually keeps them from crashing in too hard. Last time I landed one of the EDF sucked the tall grass in and wiped out all the blades on both the fan and the duck. Could not find a matching fan and duck so I ordered a new different pair. The duck on the new pair comes in 2 pieces. I am going the mount the front lip at the front of the nacelles and the fan where the originals were. Then make a tube using soda bottle to connect them. Should make the front of the nacelles look better. From now on I will make sure the fans are off before the plane hits the grass.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 03:04 PM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
3,030 Posts
Degreen
I had the experience of a Me 262 crash and a shock landing. One broke the fan unit the other wiped the blades out. When I was flying the plane on fans it sounded nice and flew well until one motor stopped. That is why I have pushers now. It just got to be a hassle for me ripping the nacelles apart and rematch paint. I have 3 pushers now and a GWS DF Warthog now.
**Neons** Bob
Old Jun 15, 2015, 09:36 AM
Find More Posts by edwen303
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2010
495 Posts
This GWS 262 glides so good, so power-off landing is doable. Or perhaps it is time to test on twin pusher prop setup? Should give plenty power with minimal risk of breaking prop blades... : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ennes_2010.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by degreen60 View Post
I found a problem landing in the tall grass in my hayfield. Grass is about 3 to 4 feet high and makes a good place to test planes, usually keeps them from crashing in too hard. Last time I landed one of the EDF sucked the tall grass in and wiped out all the blades on both the fan and the duck. Could not find a matching fan and duck so I ordered a new different pair. The duck on the new pair comes in 2 pieces. I am going the mount the front lip at the front of the nacelles and the fan where the originals were. Then make a tube using soda bottle to connect them. Should make the front of the nacelles look better. From now on I will make sure the fans are off before the plane hits the grass.
edwen303 is online now Find More Posts by edwen303
Old Jun 15, 2015, 01:37 PM
Bloomfield, IN
Joined Nov 2006
1,002 Posts
I started to mount the front of the fan duck at the front of the nacelle but I was either going to have to cut the nacelle foam the make it square with the fan or work at making a connector tube that was not square on one end to connect the 2 pieces of the duct. I just mounted the ducts back in the nacelles. Ready to crash test again. From now on I will be sure fans are shut down before I land in tall grass.