New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2015, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by zazz123
Joined Jun 2015
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiXPaX View Post
I dont recall anyone else reporting this issue so it is most likely due to use with the D4R-II and the Taranis TX. Does it do this when you use the stock TX as well????

I have not seen any have this problem with the Lemon RX PPM and Devo TX's or the stock TX. I use the Devo 7e so I doubt I can be of much help other than to suggest you retry the whole binding process etc. again...
Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking it must be a ppm problem in the EOX or a gyro problem. I have had the gyros go a little nuts the last couple of flights sometimes after a flip and sometimes after normal flight and even after a calibrate she is drifting backwards too much....

Hoping I dont get a fly away...

I will try the stock TX again and see if it is happening.
zazz123 is online now Find More Posts by zazz123
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2015, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by SiXPaX
X5C-1, Eye One Xtreme!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Feb 2015
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazz123 View Post
Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking it must be a ppm problem in the EOX or a gyro problem. I have had the gyros go a little nuts the last couple of flights sometimes after a flip and sometimes after normal flight and even after a calibrate she is drifting backwards too much....

Hoping I dont get a fly away...

I will try the stock TX again and see if it is happening.
It will go a long way for troubleshooting the problem depending on if it does it with the stock TX.... If it still does it, then you know it is something with the quad itself. If it does not do it, you then know it is narrowed down to the PPM/TX combo....

I wish I could remember exactly what I read about the Taranis and//or the D4R-II......

I distinctly recall reading about issues with using them on the EOX and there is some kind of a setting you need to either turn on or off... sorry I really wish I could remember....
SiXPaX is offline Find More Posts by SiXPaX
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM
Find More Posts by zimmy1958
Quads and FPV it's not a crime
United States, IN, Bourbon
Joined Jul 2011
376 Posts
Quote:
It will go a long way for troubleshooting the problem depending on if it does it with the stock TX.... If it still does it, then you know it is something with the quad itself. If it does not do it, you then know it is narrowed down to the PPM/TX combo....

I wish I could remember exactly what I read about the Taranis and//or the D4R-II......

I distinctly recall reading about issues with using them on the EOX and there is some kind of a setting you need to either turn on or off... sorry I really wish I could remember....
limit the channel number in the TX to 6 or 7 so ppm is not so crowded. this should fix your problem it works for me
zimmy1958 is offline Find More Posts by zimmy1958
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by SiXPaX
X5C-1, Eye One Xtreme!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Feb 2015
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy1958 View Post
limit the channel number in the TX to 6 or 7 so ppm is not so crowded. this should fix your problem it works for me
That really rings a bell!!!!! I believe when the last person had issues they set it manually to 6 channels and that fixed it..... Hoping that also fixes his issues!!

If that indeed does fix your issues zazz123 I will add it to my blog for future reference !!!!
SiXPaX is offline Find More Posts by SiXPaX
Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM
Joined Jun 2015
16 Posts
Thanks for your responses guys,

I think i solved it with re running the D4R-II antennas but it doesnt matter any more, my friend bounced it from about 50m up into sand then a fence. Sand in 3 motors and broken arm .

Ordering a new one this week....
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM
Find More Posts by ShawnecJP
Joined Mar 2015
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazz123 View Post
Thanks for your responses guys,

I think i solved it with re running the D4R-II antennas but it doesnt matter any more, my friend bounced it from about 50m up into sand then a fence. Sand in 3 motors and broken arm .

Ordering a new one this week....
Try blasting that sand out of the motors with an air compressor and pick up a replacement poly frame from Phoenix Flight gear or Picnicquads and it will be unlikely u will ever have to worry about a broken frame again
ShawnecJP is online now Find More Posts by ShawnecJP
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM
HX4
Find More Posts by HX4
HX4
United States, WI, Bayfield
Joined Nov 2013
626 Posts
Quote:
That really rings a bell!!!!! I believe when the last person had issues they set it manually to 6 channels and that fixed it..... Hoping that also fixes his issues!!

If that indeed does fix your issues zazz123 I will add it to my blog for future reference !!!!
Running an older D4R-2 rx without the firmware update changing the frame time on a v1.0 FCB. Tx set up included manually setting the channel range to 6. Potential problem with the old firmware 18mS frame is squeezing in all the channels and having a clear distinct sync pulse. Supposedly even though not using channels 7-8 you can still clutter the frame with too many channel pulses resulting in the sync pulse looking more like a channel pulse. End result is a confused rx.

Shouldn't be a problem with newer D4R-2s. After a real hard crash the EOX had a bit of a rear to one side drift problem. Ended up setting up the EOX from zero. Rebound the rx, relearned as a new model on the Taranis. No issues now. Maybe just luck that the resulted in the fix or maybe the hard knock required reset.
HX4 is offline Find More Posts by HX4
Old Today, 04:06 AM
Joined Jun 2015
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnecJP View Post
Try blasting that sand out of the motors with an air compressor and pick up a replacement poly frame from Phoenix Flight gear or Picnicquads and it will be unlikely u will ever have to worry about a broken frame again
Thanks again for everyone's suggestions!!

ShawnecJP which picnic quad frame would you recommend?