SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by DrazaFFT
Joined Nov 2012
12 Posts
Thanks for the answers Heli Pad...

BTW do you guys keep track of how many flights your heli had because i havent and is that important to know so we can expect battery to die sooner or later or motors to fail, when we bought it we flied like 5 times a day for like a week, then like once or twice a day then once or twice a week, i assume that we flight like at least 50 times so far and we have it one year now...

And one more thing, would higher or lower usage of tail rotor affects his life, is it wrong if i make a cyclic flight all the time of the flight and tail rotor is on most of the time ?
DrazaFFT is offline Find More Posts by DrazaFFT
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
7,156 Posts
The S107G was my first RC helicopter. I used to fly it daily, but I don't fly it as much these days. I mainly monitor this thread to help other new pilots. I still take it out once in a while for a relax flight. My observation is that the more you fly it, the more it likes to fly. It seems to me if you fly it daily, the Lipo is in its best shape. The ones that I store, even at proper storage voltage, don't seem to fair as well. Strange, isn't it?

When I do fly my S107G, the tail motor is in constant use. Otherwise, the S107G is just hovering in the same spot, not too much fun. Constant movement is not going to hurt your helicopter. So, you might as well have some fun with it.

Happy flying.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Mar 23, 2015, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Joined Jun 2012
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
The S107G was my first RC helicopter. I used to fly it daily, but I don't fly it as much these days. I mainly monitor this thread to help other new pilots. I still take it out once in a while for a relax flight. My observation is that the more you fly it, the more it likes to fly. It seems to me if you fly it daily, the Lipo is in its best shape. The ones that I store, even at proper storage voltage, don't seem to fair as well. Strange, isn't it?

When I do fly my S107G, the tail motor is in constant use. Otherwise, the S107G is just hovering in the same spot, not too much fun. Constant movement is not going to hurt your helicopter. So, you might as well have some fun with it.

Happy flying.
Yes, I love that term "Relax Flight" it was this weekend with my 2 107G's
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Old Mar 24, 2015, 06:02 AM
Find More Posts by Audiophile011
Joined Mar 2015
4 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've been through every page of this thread, since getting my first RC heli - a Syma S107 clone. Since then I've acquired 4 more (one has since been stripped for parts), and have a 5th one on the way. I love them firstly because they are easy to fly - every one that comes around wants to have a go - and thankfully they are tough as hell. The only part to give trouble is the top rotor mount that allows the blades and balance bar to swivel. The little pins inside have broken off most of my heli's. I do have an original S107, too, but I've found that the clones I have are lighter and stronger, and accordingly, have become the go-to's.

Anyway, I've seen a lot of member post about the "relaxed flight" of the S107 - though I'd post a few vids of my modded ones, which are FAR from chilled... haha

Crashing the S107 (0 min 37 sec)

Super quick Syma S107 - yellow (0 min 32 sec)

Super quick Syma S107 (0 min 49 sec)
Audiophile011 is offline Find More Posts by Audiophile011
Old May 03, 2015, 10:38 PM
Find More Posts by Falafel Flop
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2013
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAF_Dogface View Post
One of my customers sent me this pick of his Carbon Fiber S107 with the black firebird canopy and blades. This thing is spoken Hot!
Has anyone seen this guy around recently? His profile says he was on in March but I'm doubtful he'll answer any PM's. I would totally order the cf kit too
Falafel Flop is offline Find More Posts by Falafel Flop
Old May 18, 2015, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by jdovas
Joined May 2015
1 Posts
I can not find anywhere the name or part number of these plastic pieces that hold the tail support pipe, can someone please point me in the right direction
jdovas is offline Find More Posts by jdovas
Old May 19, 2015, 09:00 AM
Find More Posts by Snow Lynx
Heliski: Steep 'n deep
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jul 2011
77 Posts
Hi jdovas,

They refer to them as tail hold tubes. Symatoystore.com lists loads of spare parts and you can probably get them via Banggood too. $3.00 (free shipping) as part of the tail decoration pack. Check S107G / 107N and S800G dependent on your colour preference.
Snow Lynx is offline Find More Posts by Snow Lynx
Old May 19, 2015, 10:28 AM
Joined Aug 2011
7,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Flop View Post
Has anyone seen this guy around recently? His profile says he was on in March but I'm doubtful he'll answer any PM's. I would totally order the cf kit too
No, I am afraid that the creator of this Carbon Fiber Kit is not in this business any longer. His web site www.carbonfibers107.com is no longer active. This is the last transmission I have from him:

Quote:
Yes, we closed the sit. We purchased a plumbing franchise in Reno Nevada. We moved from California and got in our new home on the 21 of last month. I still have lots of parts except the carbon fiber main frames.

6/20/2014
If you are looking for the black and white flame canopy and blades, they are available online. But the Carbon Fiber Kit itself is a collector's item now.

Since I write many review for helicopters, the owner contacted me to help him write the instruction manual on these kits. I have two kits from him; one for the S107G ZR1, and one for S107N that never went in production. I think I have the only prototype.

Two things stood out from his kits. First of all the carbon fiber work is exceptional. Secondly, the high RPM tail motor that he sourced was nuts. First time I flew it, I couldn't even keep my heli straight! LOL.

"Carbon Fiber S107", you are missed.
Last edited by Heli Pad; May 19, 2015 at 10:39 AM.
Old May 19, 2015, 10:35 AM
Joined Aug 2011
7,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdovas View Post
I can not find anywhere the name or part number of these plastic pieces that hold the tail support pipe, can someone please point me in the right direction
That, and the little white stubs for the canopy, are notoriously difficult to find for the S107G.

I have seen this tail support tube holder in some very limited kits. But most of them now discontinued. And because they were not sold separately, you have to buy a whole kit just to get a part. The canopy stub is worst, I have not yet seen them anywhere.

Anyway, the good news is that you don't really need the tail support tubes. I often remove mine to shed weight for the S107G and shift the CG forward. It is a win-win situation. However, after removing the tail support system, you may find the tail loose and wiggles a little. To remedy that situation, I would carefully remove the tail rod from the frame (do not break motor wires), and reinstall it with a tiny piece of scotch tape to take up the gap. After that, the tail would be very strong and very light.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by Falafel Flop
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2013
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
No, I am afraid that the creator of this Carbon Fiber Kit is not in this business any longer. His web site www.carbonfibers107.com is no longer active. This is the last transmission I have from him:

If you are looking for the black and white flame canopy and blades, they are available online. But the Carbon Fiber Kit itself is a collector's item now.

Since I write many review for helicopters, the owner contacted me to help him write the instruction manual on these kits. I have two kits from him; one for the S107G ZR1, and one for S107N that never went in production. I think I have the only prototype.

Two things stood out from his kits. First of all the carbon fiber work is exceptional. Secondly, the high RPM tail motor that he sourced was nuts. First time I flew it, I couldn't even keep my heli straight! LOL.

"Carbon Fiber S107", you are missed.
The canopy and blades don't as much matter to me. Moreso, I'm looking for the cf kit... You willing to part with it for the s107g?
Falafel Flop is offline Find More Posts by Falafel Flop
Old May 29, 2015, 04:40 PM
Joined Aug 2011
7,156 Posts
S107G Battery Mod

Hi Folks,

Over the years, there have been many attempts to extend the flight time of the S107G. But we know that increasing the capacity (and adding weight) doesn't buy us a lot. In my blog, I have discussed a swappable battery with a quick change canopy option that preserve the stock appearance of the S107G. I'd like to update that mod with some newer options.

The problem with the last mod is that I was using E-Flite batteries. They do not have Over Charge Protection (OCP). Therefore, I have to add an OCP circuit. Or else, remove the battery and charge it with a hobby grade charger. Adding the cost of the E-Flite batteries, those are expensive upgrades and lots of work.

I just recently acquired a couple H8 mini Quads. They are great. And their batteries could greatly benefit the S107G, too. Here's why. The H8 mini uses these small 150mAh batteries (5.5g) that is about the same size as the S107G stock battery and already have OCP built-in. And they already have a LOSI plug on them.

Next, you could get this charging cable. It comes with 5 LOSI female plugs in parallel. You could use it to charge 1-5 cells.

If you don't need to charge 5 at a time, you could cut one off and solder it to the S107G, so that the above battery could plug right into it. The charging end of this cable is a JST. If you have something to charge JST, you're done. If you don't, I recommend this simple X4 charger.

In other words, for about $18 total and one soldering job (or just splice the wires), you have solved the flight time problem. And you get a 4-port charger, enough LOSI connectors to mod 5x S107G, and 5x batteries. Cheap and easy! If you are interested, just go back and click on the pictures. They will take you directly to the ordering page. Really trying to make it simple for all of you.

If you need to review how to make a quick change canopy for S107G, just check my blog.