HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:43 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
mtdoramike's Avatar
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
Discussion
What is it with all the WHINNING as of late...........

On RCG from people have either bought stuff or traded stuff claiming it wasn't as described or this was broke, or that was missing etc..... I'm not condoning or condeming anyone for not being happy with an item once received. But man this is getting rediculous. I have gotten tons of stuff that may have been slightly mis-represented or there was a little damage here or there that could be fairly easily or cheaply fixed. So I wouldn't even mention it to the other person. If it was a little more damage, or stuff missing then I expected, I might email or PM the seller or trader and make a point about it. If he or she offers something, anything I would thank them and mostlikely refuse it and move on. I would be more interested to see if the seller or trader had the integrity to back up what he sold or traded then any type of compensation. I would then move on unless I notice that they have done this more then just a few times in the past. But if I knew this, I wouldn't have dealt with them anyway.

But I have noticed a lot of whinning about items bought that were used, the key word here is USED. Now even if an ad says like new or NIB (new in the box), never flown or taken out of the box. I would take this with a grain of salt. Point being, if you want NEW, then buy NEW. If you want used, then be willing to overlook small problems.

I have seen more buyers remorse on the classifieds as of late then in the past.

WHAT GIVES???????

This makes me more concerned about selling on the classifieds. It seems people have gotten too used to the Walmart way of life. Buy a TV, take it home, watch the Super Bowl on it, keep it for a month and then return it as damaged goods.

I would think on here the more important issue would be whether or not a person got the item that they paid for, which seems to be a rare occassion thank goodness.
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:05 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
jcstalls's Avatar
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,729 Posts
Trader Rating: 381
Normally I do not get into this part of our group, but alas;

I am right with you brother, and know just what you mean.
I just received an item this year, for one instance, that was slightly off. Not unused, but used with little wear. Hey! for what I payed compared to buying it new, I am 7 times over.

So, no sweat the little stuff.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:09 PM
Registered "e" Flyer
CGReload's Avatar
Monterey Park, CA
Joined Dec 2007
496 Posts
Trader Rating: 56
I agree 100%

Right now I am pissed because I sold a perfectly fine heli that only had a slight break in the skid which i repaired for them. Now this was not done by me, i purchased it like that. The person also admittedly damaged it in a crash and then posted on here claiming that I sold it to him like that?

Total BS

I offered a replacement, they accepted then later refused. I then get a paypal claim from the buyer??? Not to mention they also left me 2 bad trader feedbacks.

I gave this guy a deal! A like new Blade MCX RTF for $105 shipped!!! And he's upset about a crack in the skid??? COME ON!!!

First bad experience.
CGReload is offline Find More Posts by CGReload
Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:15 PM
top enforcer
kramer's Avatar
LaPorte, IN, USA
Joined Mar 2003
622 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Sometimes you have to look at the source of who is doing the whynning.Been seeing a lot of noobs complaing about a bad deal from a vetrain and I think ,here we go again
kramer is offline Find More Posts by kramer
Last edited by kramer; Oct 28, 2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:26 PM
characters welcome!
Mark Wood's Avatar
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,145 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGReload
I agree 100%

Right now I am pissed because I sold a perfectly fine heli that only had a slight break in the skid which i repaired for them. Now this was not done by me, i purchased it like that. The person also admittedly damaged it in a crash and then posted on here claiming that I sold it to him like that?

Total BS

I offered a replacement, they accepted then later refused. I then get a paypal claim from the buyer??? Not to mention they also left me 2 bad trader feedbacks.

I gave this guy a deal! A like new Blade MCX RTF for $105 shipped!!! And he's upset about a crack in the skid??? COME ON!!!

First bad experience.
Got a link to the deal or the name of the buyer?

Odd that the heli guys seem to have the majority of the issues too.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:29 PM
Angering mobs since 1980.
Twmaster's Avatar
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2001
2,929 Posts
Trader Rating: 333
Part of the issue is our Wal-Mart culture. W-M will take back just about anything just to keep the customer happy. Now people expect perfect for pennies and whine like little girls whose mommy won't buy them a $300 purse when things don't go their way.

I also think right now people are just a bit off center. The economy has folks scared, tensions are high about the elections, perhaps even the moon's gravity is messing with us all.

I moderate on another forum site. The main admin asked us all recently to chill out as there seemed to be more than a little discord and rancor.

I think maybe we all need to just chill out and remember this is supposed to be a fun hobby. Not a Jerry Springer episode.

--
Mike N
Twmaster is offline Find More Posts by Twmaster
Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:31 PM
Angering mobs since 1980.
Twmaster's Avatar
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2001
2,929 Posts
Trader Rating: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood
Got a link to the deal or the name of the buyer?

Odd that the heli guys seem to have the majority of the issues too.

mw
This one:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=935271

Buyer = Matthew Cotten

--
Mike N
Twmaster is offline Find More Posts by Twmaster
Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:55 PM
Registered "e" Flyer
CGReload's Avatar
Monterey Park, CA
Joined Dec 2007
496 Posts
Trader Rating: 56
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941906

Nice to see he started a thread under my RCGroups name as well.
CGReload is offline Find More Posts by CGReload
Old Oct 28, 2008, 02:29 PM
Registered User
TacoChuck's Avatar
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Feb 2008
537 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
I can't really speak to an increase in whining because I am too new. The most crying about something not being new new was by dan-zero and that was pretty loud.

I would like to see less of what you described in your post about things being slightly mis-represented or worse, that is a big, easy to fix, issue to me. It is not that hard to be complete and honest about something, and I would rather the buyers know full well up front any issues that I know about it, that only seems right.

Now I am like you mtdoramike, something not quite right, oh well, I probably got a good deal and I'll just work with it myself, not worth the hassle. Something major wrong and I'll ask the seller for a fair fix of some sort, if I don't get one, neg feedback and move on. If I get treated like crap from the seller when I ask, post here so everyone can see how that person handles themselves.

There are at least dozens of deals that go through here a week and we hear few complaints relatively. There have been some epic threads as of late, but it doesn't seem like a great number compared to how many deals probably go through without a peep. And I haven't seen too much whining really in my short time here, most people had legit complaints as far as I could tell. Except dano, he was whining as part of his scamming.

I appreciate the people who post here, if it is legitimate complaint then it is not whining, and if it is just whining then we see that as well and who is doing it. And if people make huge issues of little things here and sellers think "Hey I don't want a big stupid blow up to happen to me, I'm going to make sure I describe/ship/refund/whatever my items" then it has done us all a service.
TacoChuck is offline Find More Posts by TacoChuck
Old Oct 28, 2008, 02:47 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
mtdoramike's Avatar
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoChuck
I can't really speak to an increase in whining because I am too new. The most crying about something not being new new was by dan-zero and that was pretty loud.

I would like to see less of what you described in your post about things being slightly mis-represented or worse, that is a big, easy to fix, issue to me. It is not that hard to be complete and honest about something, and I would rather the buyers know full well up front any issues that I know about it, that only seems right.

Now I am like you mtdoramike, something not quite right, oh well, I probably got a good deal and I'll just work with it myself, not worth the hassle. Something major wrong and I'll ask the seller for a fair fix of some sort, if I don't get one, neg feedback and move on. If I get treated like crap from the seller when I ask, post here so everyone can see how that person handles themselves.

There are at least dozens of deals that go through here a week and we hear few complaints relatively. There have been some epic threads as of late, but it doesn't seem like a great number compared to how many deals probably go through without a peep. And I haven't seen too much whining really in my short time here, most people had legit complaints as far as I could tell. Except dano, he was whining as part of his scamming.

I appreciate the people who post here, if it is legitimate complaint then it is not whining, and if it is just whining then we see that as well and who is doing it. And if people make huge issues of little things here and sellers think "Hey I don't want a big stupid blow up to happen to me, I'm going to make sure I describe/ship/refund/whatever my items" then it has done us all a service.
I agree, for the most part the good trades/deals far out weighs the bad. It just seems like there is more of it lately, but then again it's probably just that time of the year. I agree with TW Master, It probably has a lot to do with the economy. I'm sure disposable income is becoming a lot less disposable. I know it is for me this is why I want to make my dollars stretch as much as possible.

I just had a visitor, whose a deputy in the county next to me. He's stuck serving home eviction notices. He said in his county they have 19,000 evictions to serve. But in my county, which is smaller then his, we have over 29,000 home evictions. this is in a county with probably 150,000-175,000 people. I'm glad my house is paid for.
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Old Oct 28, 2008, 02:48 PM
Glitch Master
Jim Varley's Avatar
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Apr 2007
1,999 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Whenever you have a group of various assorted people, such as this site, you will ALWAYS have a very small amount of people not quite firing on all cylinders, and additionally, you'll have a very small amount of people looking for taking advantage of others at any cost (scammers). Posting information that helps others steer clear of people fitting into either of those niches is very beneficial to the rest of us (Notice I put myself in the light of somewhat normal people when I say "us") In any case, I don't see it as whining in the case of someone wronged here, but in the other cases of "whining" would be people that would fit into the first category I refer too. Is this thread really necessary?
Jim Varley is offline Find More Posts by Jim Varley
Old Oct 28, 2008, 02:58 PM
top enforcer
kramer's Avatar
LaPorte, IN, USA
Joined Mar 2003
622 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Varley
Whenever you have a group of various assorted people, such as this site, you will ALWAYS have a very small amount of people not quite firing on all cylinders, and additionally, you'll have a very small amount of people looking for taking advantage of others at any cost (scammers). Posting information that helps others steer clear of people fitting into either of those niches is very beneficial to the rest of us (Notice I put myself in the light of somewhat normal people when I say "us") In any case, I don't see it as whining in the case of someone wronged here, but in the other cases of "whining" would be people that would fit into the first category I refer too. Is this thread really necessary?
Now that I think about it ,is'nt this thread whining about the whiners?
kramer is offline Find More Posts by kramer
Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:05 PM
JustinMoore12's Avatar
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer
Now that I think about it ,is'nt this thread whining about the whiners?
Mhm..

I agree there has been alot of it though, not just from bum traders/sellers but every little aspect of posting and everything.
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:06 PM
Glitch Master
Jim Varley's Avatar
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Apr 2007
1,999 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer
Now that I think about it ,is'nt this thread whining about the whiners?
Exactly!
Jim Varley is offline Find More Posts by Jim Varley
Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:08 PM
top enforcer
kramer's Avatar
LaPorte, IN, USA
Joined Mar 2003
622 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
so who's whining now
kramer is offline Find More Posts by kramer
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's up with all of the moved threads all of the sudden? AUBrian Site Chat 20 Sep 17, 2004 12:28 PM
What's up with all these RCSE posts? Tekman Site Chat 4 Apr 02, 2003 12:41 PM
What to do with all those Graupner motor stickers Vonbaron Electric Plane Talk 16 Jan 29, 2003 08:51 AM
What to do with all those left over Firebird XL Parts? DavidJ Parkflyers 4 Aug 20, 2002 10:39 PM