HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2012, 03:26 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,699 Posts
I finally received a reply from Dealshow this morning telling me my order has been dispatched and gave me a tracking number that does not work

I will give it another week before I contact Paypal
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:32 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I finally received a reply from Dealshow this morning telling me my order has been dispatched and gave me a tracking number that does not work

I will give it another week before I contact Paypal
Hi,
Tons of emails very day for our CS staff,and sometime we do not reply you soon,sorry for that,if you have some urgent problem,just do not hesitate to PM me or collect our CS.we would try our best to solve your problem.
I am going to down few bucks about the price of the HCW heli.Do you think that is ok?,
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Aaron qin; Feb 02, 2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 07:45 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Hi,
Tons of emails very day for our CS staff,and sometime we do not reply you soon,sorry for that,if you have some urgent problem,just do not hesitate to PM me or collect our CS.we would try our best to solve your problem.
I am going to down few bucks about the price of the HCW heli.Do you think that is ok?,
I received a message from Aaron today and he has sorted my order out informing me it has been posted on the 14th Jan and should be with me any day now.

Thank you for that information Aaron
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:12 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I received a message from Aaron today and he has sorted my order out informing me it has been posted on the 14th Jan and should be with me any day now.

Thank you for that information Aaron
So Aaron handles customer service for Dealsshow as well as Banggood?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Feb 02, 2012, 04:45 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFMeouch View Post
I received my HCW 537 helicopter on 26 Jan after ordering it on 12 Jan. It took exactly 2 weeks for the helicopter to reach me. The joke is, I only receive the tracking number today, nearly 2 weeks after I received my helicopter.

Oh, I forgot to mention I ordered my HCW 537 from dealshow.
I ordered my HCW537 from DealsShow on January 9, but still haven't received it, some info of my order, perhaps Aaron can help me out:

Update: Just received my second HCW537 today from DealsShow, it's complete and intact

It just took extra long over the Chinese New Year holiday. Thanks to Aaron Quin for the assistance!
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Last edited by Doubletap; Feb 03, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 04:06 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
You might as well order from banggood.com, because dealsshow.com has already jacked their price up well over $30, while banggood was listening to us , and dropped their price back below $30, so get one while it's still below $30:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Hc...9-p-37273.html
Mine arrived yesterday,.. one month and four days from HK to Chicago (but in fairness banggood, they did warn me it may take an inordinately long time to arrive).
Paid $29.99 minus the 5% "new year apoligy" discount ($28.49).

I'm not disappointed at all, but I wouldn't pay more for it. It. It is what it is; a $30 toy. If nothing else, it's a good way to transition to mode 2.
It is pretty stable and forgiving,.. so far. It's only on it's fourth charge right now... no crashes. Yet.

That button above the throtle kinda scares me. I know someone mentioned what it does earler in this thread, but I'm keeping my mitts off of that thing for now (it does some pretty weird stuff when you push it ).

This may not matter at all, we'll see, but the main blades on this thing are not fastened with screws like most of us are used to. The top & bottom of each blade have a small (.035" x 1/16th" dia) stud molded in. The blades kinda *pop* into the holders. It may not be a problem at all, but if/when the blades loosen up, do not expect to be able to tighten them (you would have to drill 'em out and instal screws).
Probably no big deal, they're liable to outlast the bird anyway. Just a FWIW...

Packaging = 6 (it came in the goofy bag, but they DID tape heavy cardboard to both sides of the box first).

Speed = 2 (but they did warn me).

Value = 7 (IMO)

Communantion = 9

Tracking info = 4

Arrival condition = 8 (just a few little dings)
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Last edited by IceRail; Feb 21, 2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
With the price going up on the HCW 537, do you guys think it is a good purchase at around $35? Also, I found some eBay sellers auctioning off the HCW 536, so I was wondering what would be a fair price for the 536?
FrugalisFlyer is offline Find More Posts by FrugalisFlyer
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:17 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,120 Posts
I don't have an issue with the HCW 537 price tag. My reservation is with the unavailability of parts. Sooner of later, you'll need parts to upkeep your helicopter. What are you gonna do then?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I don't have an issue with the HCW 537 price tag. My reservation is with the unavailability of parts. Sooner of later, you'll need parts to upkeep your helicopter. What are you gonna do then?
Hey we meet again! Well your wisdom in RC helicopters have definitely made me a little skeptical of purchasing this copter. I guess people always forget that availability of parts is just as important as a low price, but I'm also concerned that I will grow a little tiresome of co axials once I get my hands on a fix pitched. Could you recommend a decently priced 4 ch co axial that also has parts readily available?
FrugalisFlyer is offline Find More Posts by FrugalisFlyer
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:53 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalisFlyer View Post
Hey we meet again! Well your wisdom in RC helicopters have definitely made me a little skeptical of purchasing this copter. I guess people always forget that availability of parts is just as important as a low price, but I'm also concerned that I will grow a little tiresome of co axials once I get my hands on a fix pitched. Could you recommend a decently priced 4 ch co axial that also has parts readily available?
If you think you are up to it, you could get a V911 or similar cheap little 4ch fixed pitched heli. Lots of parts available (nine eagles solo pro), and a big thread of information about it on rcgroups.
Or if you think you can not break the HCW through the learning phase, you could risk the lack of spares, because what good are spares when you have upgraded and aren't flying it anymore?
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:01 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Has anyone bound this to any other transmitter? I am going to try with my turnigy 9X
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
24 Posts
I ordered one from Banggood at the start of the Chinese New year and it took a month to arrive. In the meantime I have been enjoying my V911. I like the HCW537, but it is way more sedate than the v911. The transmitter and helicopter build quality is also a step down from the v911. I am happy with the $26 I paid but wouldn't pay much more than that.
What I really appreciate about the HCW is that it's a forgiving 4ch bird. I still fly my indoor 3ch IR helicopters a lot, and it takes a few minutes to get comfortable with a 4ch radio. The HCW is perfect for that - I fly it first, before the v911 and am much less likely to crash the v911 as a result. The other nice thing is that I can let my kids fly it outdoors, the v911 is really too much for them (at least the 6 year old!)
drbenjamin is offline Find More Posts by drbenjamin
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:16 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
I have flown my 537 about 10 times since yesterday, very easy to fly, nice and sedate for zipping around the office/lounge room without worrying about crashing or anything. Although it would be nice if the pitch and roll were proportional controls.
I also have a V911 coming, that will be for more serous flying I guess
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:43 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbenjamin View Post
I ordered one from Banggood at the start of the Chinese New year and it took a month to arrive. In the meantime I have been enjoying my V911. I like the HCW537, but it is way more sedate than the v911. The transmitter and helicopter build quality is also a step down from the v911. I am happy with the $26 I paid but wouldn't pay much more than that.
What I really appreciate about the HCW is that it's a forgiving 4ch bird. I still fly my indoor 3ch IR helicopters a lot, and it takes a few minutes to get comfortable with a 4ch radio. The HCW is perfect for that - I fly it first, before the v911 and am much less likely to crash the v911 as a result.
The other nice thing is that I can let my kids fly it outdoors, the v911 is really too much for them (at least the 6 year old!)
Agreed!

Mine has +/- 50 crash-free flights by now and it just keeps getting better. Well, that or the pilot is slowly getting better.
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:27 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
looks to be a clone of the HCW 537. US $36.80.
Slightly more expensive than banggood, but might be another option.