SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:09 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,144 Posts
KFC, you know that I offer just skin kits too right? Price is $32 shipped but they really make it look awesome. If you build it to the plans the skins will fit great.

Can't wait to see your build pictures.
SGTalon is offline Find More Posts by SGTalon
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:09 PM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,559 Posts
I know about the skins. Might order up a set after SEFF. They do look really cool, I must admit. In the meantime, was this version sized for a different motor/prop combo?
KFC is offline Find More Posts by KFC
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:47 PM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,144 Posts
I am using a 2408-21. Any motor with more than 15 oz of thrust will do fine.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:02 PM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,144 Posts
I am using a 2408-21 with a 7x6 prop.

Any motor with more than 16 or so ounces or thrust would work fine but it does need a 7" or smaller prop.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:42 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,008 Posts
SGT,

Does your kit include all the wood/cf etc pieces? If so, what would be the cost of the kit + the skins to Malaysia. Usually it's the postage that killls the deal in such cases. The foam pieces aren't that important; I can cut that here. It's the wood etc and skins that are more trouble for me.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:05 PM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
Joined May 2007
2,559 Posts
Here's where I'm at. Just gotta strap the servos and the esc on it and get it in the air. I'm headed for SEFF this coming Sunday so feel free to check the associated threads for pix and vids coming soon!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:23 PM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,144 Posts
Hi Chewy, I shipped a kit to Malaysia before. It was $35 for the international shipping.

I don't supply the other parts. The only wood is a 1 1/2" Diameter plywood firewall to mount the motor. It also uses 3mm Carbon Fiber tubes. You can get those at Hobbyking for about $1 each.

The plans are free though! And you can get the skin kit. I am not sure what the shipping to Malaysia would be for the skins only but it should be only about $15 or so.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:24 PM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,144 Posts
Cool KFC! Can't wait to see some pics of it flying. Good Luck!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:35 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon View Post
Hi Chewy, I shipped a kit to Malaysia before. It was $35 for the international shipping.

I don't supply the other parts. The only wood is a 1 1/2" Diameter plywood firewall to mount the motor. It also uses 3mm Carbon Fiber tubes. You can get those at Hobbyking for about $1 each.

The plans are free though! And you can get the skin kit. I am not sure what the shipping to Malaysia would be for the skins only but it should be only about $15 or so.
Oops. I didn't notice that it wasn't the enterprise thread. Btw, there "are" wood pieces for the enterprise, aren't there? Due to all the bends for the warp pylons.... How about those?

Do you sell the skins, or do I buy them from someone else?

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:46 PM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,144 Posts
Check out the Enterprise Thread to get all the details, But there is only the wood on the motor mount. Carbon Tube, Rod and Flats all from Hobby King for the reinforcements.

As to the skins and stuff. I sell skins only on my Website - www.sg-ideas.com.

Shipping for Malaysia i would need to double check. I will let you know.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
Any chance of this in EPP??
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:42 PM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,144 Posts
Hey Blue. I would say that it would require some redesign to thicker foam in order to hold up to the floppiness of EPP.

If you don't crash though, you don't need EPP
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:02 PM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
Joined May 2007
2,559 Posts
New version flies great. It is a lot easier to get balanced right than the previous version. FWIW, I didn't have a high KV motor on hand, so I enlarged the prop slot a bit and mounted an 8x4 APC on it. Sorry about the video quality, but we didn't get around to maidening it until the sun was against us.

Imperial Star Destroyer V2 maiden (0 min 42 sec)
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:34 PM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,144 Posts
You my friend have balls of steel! I don't think i would ever be comfortable flying over water like that on a maiden!!! Looks like it flies great to me.

So where did your CG end up? And what is your total flying weight? Too bad you don't have skins to show off at SEFF but i think you are going to be doing a lot of talking when they see it!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:24 AM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
Joined May 2007
2,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon View Post
You my friend have balls of steel! I don't think i would ever be comfortable flying over water like that on a maiden!!! Looks like it flies great to me.

So where did your CG end up? And what is your total flying weight? Too bad you don't have skins to show off at SEFF but i think you are going to be doing a lot of talking when they see it!
CG was right where you said it would be at 25" from the nose. Don't know what the exact flying weight is, but I'd say somewhere around 18-20 oz. Seems lighter than the original version. As for the skins, if I didn't have to be out of here by noon Sunday, I might give it a shot, but I still have 2 repairs and one complete build to finish before I can even start packing. I'm just out of time. I will, however, point any interested parties straight to your website so they can see those awesome looking skins for themselves.