SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2010, 03:31 AM
find me @samotage
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jul 2005
8,362 Posts
I'm glad some of my favorite slope cats had a good fly today. I was dreaming of Jarts, Rodents and other fast modelia at my all time favorite site while I chased little boys about.
samotage is offline Find More Posts by samotage
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2010, 03:37 AM
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
KORUMBURRA IN THE BOONDOCS
Joined Jan 2006
4,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samotage View Post
I'm glad some of my favorite slope cats had a good fly today. I was dreaming of Jarts, Rodents and other fast modelia at my all time favorite site while I chased little boys about.
I hope they were your little blokes mate.

Shane
r/c junkie is offline Find More Posts by r/c junkie
Old May 30, 2010, 04:17 AM
EPOLS
Australia, VIC, Leongatha
Joined Dec 2009
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/c junkie View Post
We had an awsome day at rabbit wind was around 30+ knts and lift was ballistic i got the heavy a$$ green SR-7 out and it rocked with hugh 300' pumps very impressive model to fly and stands out in the air like the perverbiale.Also flew my HIGGINS F-20 my favorite slope model you can just throw them around all day with hugh loops and pylon turns.
Mick flew his TOCANO that thing is on rails and just quitely i think Mick has a new favorite model.Mate your flying has come a long sweet going dude that model realy brought the best out of you.
Ant had his little baby JART crankin and looked sweet doing biga$$ pumps alongside the F-20.
Steve show up pretty late but still got some great air time with his F-20 and JART.
Would be nice to get many more day out there like today Thanks guy for a great session

Shane.Who loves the big air
Yep a good day on the slope, flew my new outlaw Speedo, this one is no as twitchy as the old one much better for DS. Shanes SR-7 showed its true colors in some big wind. The highlight was doing big pumps with the baby JART alongside Shanes f-20. The baby JART is a good bit of gear in all winds.

Next on the building board is a PSS SLED.

Anthony
anthonyd is offline Find More Posts by anthonyd
Old May 30, 2010, 04:25 AM
Australia, VIC, Lang Lang
Joined Feb 2009
130 Posts
Thanks Shane,the Tucano is a sweet bird and definitely my new fav(nice work on your part Shane) can't wait to fly her again. THe SR-7 was crackin today looks freakin awesome in the air and the 20 is just insane,i can't believe how how tight you can pull that thing in a turn and she accelerates out,the roll rate is crazy.Awesome day's flying looking forward to the next.
Michael.J.P is offline Find More Posts by Michael.J.P
Old May 30, 2010, 04:43 AM
find me @samotage
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jul 2005
8,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/c junkie View Post
I hope they were your little blokes mate.

Shane
There are only three little boys I will ever chase, and I know exactly where they came from
samotage is offline Find More Posts by samotage
Old May 30, 2010, 05:06 AM
Arrarrar!
Australia, NSW, Wagga Wagga
Joined Jan 2010
3,315 Posts
had a very windy arvo at mount black today. i thought i might be right to ds there again but it was really turbulent on the back side and i had more crashes than successful passes. the ones that did work were some of the fastest ive done. i reckon tomorrow might be better with a bit less wind but its pretty much too muddy to get up there. oh well, try again next year.

josh
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18
Old May 30, 2010, 06:14 AM
Windburner Factory Pilot
Joined May 2008
2,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18 View Post
had a very windy arvo at mount black today. i thought i might be right to ds there again but it was really turbulent on the back side and i had more crashes than successful passes. the ones that did work were some of the fastest ive done. i reckon tomorrow might be better with a bit less wind but its pretty much too muddy to get up there. oh well, try again next year.

josh
You can only drive to the top in the summer months...this time of year unfortunately involves walking to the top
swoop119 is offline Find More Posts by swoop119
Old May 30, 2010, 07:28 AM
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
4,524 Posts
Hey Jim, that's great about the Dorrigo site. Amazing country down there. Glad it works so well and has a great LZ.
AvB is online now Find More Posts by AvB
Old May 30, 2010, 09:45 AM
gizzo don't tweet
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
3,050 Posts
Good for you Sam, taking one for the team!
I pulled the pin on some pretty nice flying conditions today to go to the sis' house for dinner. The daft bint couldn't even get the pizza oven properly hot, so we had smoke flavoured slimy shite on dough for tea. Still and all, the family you got is better than no family.....
gizzo is offline Find More Posts by gizzo
Last edited by gizzo; May 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old May 30, 2010, 10:21 AM
Blue Sky Mining
Australia, VIC, Miners Rest
Joined Feb 2009
1,583 Posts
You must have just missed me. I left about 2:30 after the nose tore off the plane (already fixed but too wet for tape at the field). I reckon the wind got stonger after I left. It certainly wasn't smooth on the back! I think the best I managed was 4 laps but I had to go very low. A few times the turbulence grabbed the plane and just shook it up and down a meter.

There were some pretty vicious rotors on the dark side too. It was fast if you got it just right. But it was like hitting a wall if you got it wrong.

Slippery? I drove using bottom gear low range locked 4wd and I still did half the distance sideways! I was worried about sideswiping the gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18 View Post

josh
batballs is offline Find More Posts by batballs
Old May 30, 2010, 06:01 PM
Arrarrar!
Joined Jan 2010
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop119 View Post
You can only drive to the top in the summer months...this time of year unfortunately involves walking to the top
the actual steep part of the track is fine in my car, quite dry, but the off camber track to get there is pretty bad. im sure itll all be like that soon though.
Old May 30, 2010, 06:15 PM
Entropy is happening!
Bellingen NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvB View Post
Hey Jim, that's great about the Dorrigo site. Amazing country down there. Glad it works so well and has a great LZ.
There must be numerous sites for both front side and DS sloping on the Dorrigo range. All that it would take is the time to do the recon. and the diplomacy to approach landowners. So far, I have scored 2 out of 2 with my searching expeditions, and each took just the one afternoon. Found the sites on the survey map first, then in car to go have a look on site.

Jim.
Jim.Thompson is offline Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Yet another light plank!
Old May 30, 2010, 06:43 PM
DS= -$ & :-)
Byron Bay, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,041 Posts
Hey Jim,

Good to see this area being explored. I am hoping to take the family for a trip to Coffs with a day trip to Dorrigo next weekend if the weather is good. Haven't been there for many years so I'm looking forward to scouring the countryside(whilst giving full attention to family and duties ofcourse).

Eric
Ezza is offline Find More Posts by Ezza
Old May 30, 2010, 07:16 PM
Arrarrar!
Joined Jan 2010
3,315 Posts
mount balck

if anyones keen and not working, im heading back up to mount black today. i hope its good cause ill be walking today- i hope the bulls not in that paddock today- its huge!
Old Jun 01, 2010, 03:29 AM
Entropy is happening!
Bellingen NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,716 Posts
Diggers Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkoo View Post
You do get a few people walking out there of an afternoon, but I dont think it is too bad.

When I went there at Xmas a couple of years ago, there wasnt too many walkers.

Its definitely worth a look.
Waz,
I went there to have a look today. Wow, it certainly looks promising! Which direction would you DS there? It looks to my inexperienced eye that it could be ok in either Southerlies or NE winds. A bit turbulent launching over the trees into a southerly though! It was blowing 20 - 25 knots S when I was there today. No walkers, and I agree, I don't think you would encounter any, or very few. So close to Coffs, yet secluded.
The NE facing cliff might be good for front side foamie flying too.
What sort of plane do you think would be good to start DS flying with?

Jim.
Jim.Thompson is offline Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Yet another light plank!