F5D USA Team

What about the USA team for F5D 2014?
Kevin Matney is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Matney
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2013, 09:49 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,344 Posts
So far we are short one pilot---need three have only two signed up for the trials this next weekend.

Just show up and get a slot on the team--Next WC is Austria---nice place.

Steve
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:54 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,831 Posts
Say what ! Checking all means to get my feet on Cali soil.....i can sink my teeth into this.... Wonder how long the drive from Portland to there is : )
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Sep 24, 2013, 04:50 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,757 Posts
Come on down VooDoo Child so I can kick your ass with my Viper!

(Figuring you're the type of guy who responds to a challenge!).

I have a limiter you can borrow. It's almost plug-and-play if you have 4mm bullets (will need to solder a small wire lead with single, 1mm female bullet to the negative lead on your ESC battery wire.)

Or, I know you have plenty of fast stuff, but don't know if you have an F5D setup - I thought I read somewhere that somebody had a spare plane.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2013, 01:36 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Say what ! Checking all means to get my feet on Cali soil.....i can sink my teeth into this.... Wonder how long the drive from Portland to there is : )
C'mon Voodoo, do it! Dave has a couple of my limiters if you need to borrow.
Troy is offline Find More Posts by Troy
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2013, 03:03 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,152 Posts
Quote:
How can You be in two different States the same time?
Respect previous engagements.Would You
Yuri
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Sep 24, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
How can You be in two different States the same time?
Respect previous engagements.Would You
Yuri
Hey,you of all people know how buisy i have been since i moved next to you.....sorry i have not changed my RCGroups location from florida,to Stuck living next to Yuri on the west coast ......oh,and i will be over in a couple hours to check out my new fuselage
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Sep 24, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 03:11 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post

I have a limiter you can borrow. It's almost plug-and-play if you have 4mm bullets (will need to solder a small wire lead with single, 1mm female bullet to the negative lead on your ESC battery wire.)

Or, I know you have plenty of fast stuff, but don't know if you have an F5D setup - I thought I read somewhere that somebody had a spare plane.

Tim
will type more later,working for homeland security sucks for playing on my phone
Old Sep 24, 2013, 09:54 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post

Tim
And my Swist will kick you Vipers if we had a "who can do 247mph 5 inches off the ground comp,cause i can do that all day long" (1:18 in vid) But all kidding aside,i was 100% ready to go for the first date posted to this little meeting of the speed minds,but when it got changed to this date of Sept 28,all went to heck,as i am in the middle of a huge project for Homeland Security at there new ICE building here in Portland (easy to google and check project) and the insane deadline is set for Sept 28...and we have been killing ourselves 14 hours a day to meet this deadline so we will not have to deal will the Govt's insane contract buyback which is to the tune of $7,500 per day after .....Now with that being said,i am still not giving in yet,i would give my left you know what to get a shot at flying with the best out there and ripping it for the good old US of A.
voodoo2 (3 min 20 sec)
Old Sep 24, 2013, 09:57 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
C'mon Voodoo, do it! Dave has a couple of my limiters if you need to borrow.
Big thanks...would love to....just had a couple nice conversations with Bruce.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:15 PM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
785 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread....the new Ice building...just had a quik goggle,is that for holding all the immagrants etc,on the waterfront..?

Still luv the sound of the pyro/prop/6s in dat vid Voodoo! Sounds like its the perfect combo for the 'powerband' of that motor etc ay...
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:29 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzu View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread....the new Ice building...just had a quik goggle,is that for holding all the immagrants etc,on the waterfront..?

Still luv the sound of the pyro/prop/6s in dat vid Voodoo! Sounds like its the perfect combo for the 'powerband' of that motor etc ay...
This is the third such building i have Bomb Blast Protected for them.....To put it lighly,these places are where they bring the worst of the worst...Like the people that will have people that want to get there people out at no cost to others...IE,like drug cartel...plus they have other uses...The technology and money put into these buildings are insane (lots they do not put into writing)...This is what i do for them
3M Blast Test Video - Ultra 600 w-adhesive attachment (0 min 18 sec)
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:36 PM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
785 Posts
AYE TRUE!!!
HOLY F#@K!! Look at that shockwave!! You must be on mega-bucks,im not prying
Do you work for 3M? Whats that applicant made of..?
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu
Last edited by blitzu; Sep 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 04:50 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,757 Posts
Quote:
And my Swist will kick you Vipers if we had a "who can do 247mph 5 inches off the ground comp,cause i can do that all day long" (1:18 in vid) But all kidding aside,i was 100% ready to go for the first date posted to this little meeting of the speed minds,but when it got changed to this date of Sept 28,all went to heck,as i am in the middle of a huge project for Homeland Security at there new ICE building here in Portland (easy to google and check project) and the insane deadline is set for Sept 28...and we have been killing ourselves 14 hours a day to meet this deadline so we will not have to deal will the Govt's insane contract buyback which is to the tune of $7,500 per day after .....Now with that being said,i am still not giving in yet,i would give my left you know what to get a shot at flying with the best out there and ripping it for the good old US of A.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEBkS...CD8F5DC4E5E8ED
Nice video and nice flying VooDoo Child.

I used to fly the same way - unrestricted low passes with all the prop my setup could handle (though not as fast as that Swist of yours for certain). But try navigating that brute around a pylon course for ten laps before using 1000 W-min...more of a challenge I assure you.

Well, hope you can get the time to make it down to San Diego!

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:16 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,831 Posts
Yup,i have done the 10 laps many times but never with a limiter...i can see how that can be added fun (i swear that was not sarcastic,i think ) I have been watching your progress,you have been going at it like an animal,congrats.