HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2014, 11:54 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Nov 2012
81 Posts
Setup on 4S with Hero 3+

I'm having a rough time getting the gimbal smoothed out. Can anyone provide me with values they're using for this setup?
USAFA RC Club is offline Find More Posts by USAFA RC Club
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2014, 12:24 AM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFA RC Club View Post
I'm having a rough time getting the gimbal smoothed out. Can anyone provide me with values they're using for this setup?
i suppose you can just set the power(pwm) down to 3/4... since that is what is directly related
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
Old May 25, 2014, 01:28 AM
Joined Nov 2012
81 Posts
That was the first thing I tried but it doesn't correlate how you'd think. Anyone have any values for 4S setup, preferably with a Hero 3+?
Old May 25, 2014, 04:37 PM
The ReBels
Joined Mar 2013
266 Posts
Quote:
That was the first thing I tried but it doesn't correlate how you'd think. Anyone have any values for 4S setup, preferably with a Hero 3+?
we can probably try to find sometime figure one out. but before that, you can probably try just to bring it down by half to start with
Team.Rebel is offline Find More Posts by Team.Rebel
Old May 25, 2014, 05:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
81 Posts
I'd really appreciate that. Messing with the power has gotten it decent, but not as good as with the 3S. I think it'll take messing with the PID too. Thanks guys!
Old May 25, 2014, 05:51 PM
James not bond
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
Quote:
I'd really appreciate that. Messing with the power has gotten it decent, but not as good as with the 3S. I think it'll take messing with the PID too. Thanks guys!
another route should save you more time. just to find a 12V5A esc... more than sufficient and wont be expensive...
Old May 25, 2014, 06:11 PM
Joined Nov 2012
81 Posts
Trying to keep weight down so I'd love to get it working on the 4S setup as possible. Also need it this weekend to record a graduation and flyover... wouldn't be able to get it setup in time
Old May 25, 2014, 06:22 PM
James not bond
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Trying to keep weight down so I'd love to get it working on the 4S setup as possible. Also need it this weekend to record a graduation and flyover... wouldn't be able to get it setup in time
i used one of this... it is much lighter than you may thought http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html
Old May 25, 2014, 06:38 PM
Joined Nov 2012
81 Posts
Maybe but I also bought a gimbal which should operate on 4S, so I don't want to pour more money into it if this gimbal operates how it advertises
Old May 27, 2014, 03:41 PM
United States, PA, Bedford
Joined Feb 2013
299 Posts
Can someone please take a couple pics of how you have your Alexmos set up to manually pitch with the radio. I am using sbus into my naza, so either way would be great. (If you are running through Naza or a spare channel on your receiver). Also, a pic or 2 of your settings in the GUI. I cannot get the pitch to work no matter what I do, the only thing that wants to work is the roll. Thanks.
djhand2 is offline Find More Posts by djhand2
Old May 28, 2014, 11:21 PM
United States, PA, Bedford
Joined Feb 2013
299 Posts
"Can someone please take a couple pics of how you have your Alexmos set up to manually pitch with the radio. I am using sbus into my naza, so either way would be great. (If you are running through Naza or a spare channel on your receiver). Also, a pic or 2 of your settings in the GUI. I cannot get the pitch to work no matter what I do, the only thing that wants to work is the roll. Thanks."

I must be the first to ever try this.
djhand2 is offline Find More Posts by djhand2
Old May 29, 2014, 01:09 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,147 Posts
check this post over here
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:02 PM
Joined Nov 2013
67 Posts
Gimbal just rocks back and forth

I've posted an email to the vendor on this but will repeat most of it here in case it rings a bell with someone.

This is the 49_161 firmware.

Photos and a couple of short videos in my dropbox.

The video without the USB cable in the foreground is with receiver on, power to the copter and gimbal. It oscillates like that constantly.

The second video is with receiver on, power to the copter AND USB connected to the PC.

The photo of the controller shows the receiver connection with ground to the left which is the best I could find in various schematics and photos around the web. Nothing in the documentation addresses that, unless I just missed it.

On initial power on, blue light comes on and one brief red flash in the controller.

On initial connection of the GUI to the controller it will read the settings in the board; i.e. I can zero out everything, connect in the GUI, and the PID values are read in. They look to be the stock settings.

But it's vibrating so I try to adjust PIDs and no change in any setting has any effect.

Also, if I try to load from file (I have a number of experimental settings saved), nothing changes in the GUI and no change in gimbal behavior.

The controller is powered from a 12v BEC. I checked the voltage and it is correct.

Frustrated. I'm volunteering at a childrens' bereavement camp, leaving tomorrow, and was to fly and video some footage for them.
CaptainJustice is offline Find More Posts by CaptainJustice
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:06 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,147 Posts
anyone knows how to open the motors?
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Aug 25, 2014, 02:02 AM
Joined Apr 2013
14 Posts
The shaft can be pushed through the motor. Push against the shaft from the inner hole and put some support on the outer. I used some locktight on the shaft end to assemble it again.
elov is offline Find More Posts by elov