SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:22 AM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
Discussion
Filippo Materazzi Design - Metis

Hello guys,
yesterday I presented to you my last F3P design, the Armonia...now I would like to do the same with the Metis, for freestyle and aeromusical flight. From the official site www.fmdplanes.com :

"The Metis is the last version of my famous indoor freestyle airplane which I flew in World Air Games 2009. It has been totally updated but maintaining its particular style. Now it has bigger mobile surfaces, a higher top and bottom fuselage and a completely new milling, paying attention to maintain the strength of the airframe. Thanks to all these tricks it flies slowly and smoothly but it can become very agile, reactive and fast if you need it. This characteristic is fundamental for an aeromusical flight where you need to change the flight style according to the music, but also in a good freestyle, to differentiate the maneuvers and employ the own imagination. In addition, a beginner can improve his skills gradually, increasing step by step the movement of mobile surfaces.
The color scheme is simply innovative and unique, very "aggressive" and dynamic, but elegant too, with very intense colors. The fuselage and some other parts are painted on both sides, even if milled. The kit is composed by 3 mm and 2 mm depron, carbon rods, super lightweight carbon control horns and all the necessary to complete the plane, except the electronic parts."

And here the main details:

WINGSPAN 90 cm / 35,4
FUSELAGE 95 cm / 37,4
MATERIALS 3 mm milled depron, 2 mm depron, carbon
FLYING WEIGHT (without battery) about 120-130 g / 4,23-4,58 Oz
FLYING WEIGHT (with battery) About 140-150 g / 4,93-5,29 Oz
BOX CONTENT depron model parts, pre-cutted carbon rods (2 mm rods, 1,5 mm rods, 1,3 mm rods, 1 mm rods), pre-cutted carbon strips (0,5mm strip), 0,5 mm carbon control horns, micro clips, male/female velcro, wire

I hope you like it!

Ciao

Filo
FiloMaterazzi is offline Find More Posts by FiloMaterazzi
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:56 AM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
852 Posts
Looks nice!

Is there a vid?

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
Thanks!
Not yet, I'm sorry... I think to make it soon! ;-)
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:47 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,630 Posts
These are two gorgeous new airplanes you have Filippo, and it's great to see them with such high performance and a great amount of pre-fab. Congrats!
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:56 AM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,222 Posts
A video can be viewed here. It was uploaded 6 days ago. Looking good:

Metis Filippo Materazzi Design (3 min 36 sec)

Cheers,

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:43 PM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
852 Posts
AWESOME!

Who is distributing them??

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:58 PM
Fly for God, not for the World
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2011
140 Posts
That video is AMAZING!!!

Thank you,

Not Free
Not Free is offline Find More Posts by Not Free
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:56 PM
Mr. Foam, Tape, and Carbon
Joined Feb 2011
292 Posts
Nice! Good looking and well thought out foamie with well flying characteristics!

Chris G.
RCvehicleGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCvehicleGuy
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:21 AM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
thank you! :-)
I'm very happy for your opinions! I hope they will be available soon! Planes are ready...now it depends on the dealers.
On the Metis i will test soon an interesting vectorial system made by Techone... only 3 grams and very precise. It will be possible to perform new maneuvers!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:44 PM
Mr. Foam, Tape, and Carbon
Joined Feb 2011
292 Posts
Thrust vectoring? In my opinion don't bother, it moves fast enough. Now if they came out with a 3 gram variable pitch system.... that'd be worth looking into!

Chris G.
RCvehicleGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCvehicleGuy
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:34 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiloMaterazzi View Post
thank you! :-)
I'm very happy for your opinions! I hope they will be available soon! Planes are ready...now it depends on the dealers.
On the Metis i will test soon an interesting vectorial system made by Techone... only 3 grams and very precise. It will be possible to perform new maneuvers!
Hi Filippo,

I'm getting the 2 planes that you designed with TECHone's equipment. Could you please make videos of flying your planes with TECHone's equipment?

I find high-end indoor plane equipment such as carbon fiber props is often hard to get outside Europe.

Thank you, Filippo.

Best regards,

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
Hi Filippo,

I'm getting the 2 planes that you designed with TECHone's equipment. Could you please make videos of flying your planes with TECHone's equipment?

I find high-end indoor plane equipment such as carbon fiber props is often hard to get outside Europe.

Thank you, Filippo.

Best regards,

feda
Unfortunately I don't have Techone equipment... I'm sorry. My planes will be only with Hacker motor or counter rotating system and JR servos. That's why i suggest them. But i think you will like techone equipment too, maybe the planes will be a little heavier...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
Good news, my planes will be soon available since Hacker Motor became the official european distributor!
http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...og&t=9&c=9&p=9

And obviously you will find them on many shops in Europe.
Now we are deciding the USA distributor too. Stay tuned!

http://www.fmdplanes.com/index.php?o...=19&Itemid=145
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:32 AM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
METIS Black/red

Hi all,
just a little update... here is the picture of my personal Metis black/red version with Techone vectorial system!
For vectorial system and rudder I use only one servo JR DS388HV. The system is extremely precise. The next week I will upload a video. Stay tuned! :-)
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:52 AM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
New video!

I uploaded a new video of the Metis black/red with Techone vectorial system flown by the young italian talent Mattia Zeni. Mattia is 13 years old and he will be in the national team in the next F3P World Championship! Gooo Mattia!!

Here the video:

Mattia Zeni flying the Metis - Filippo Materazzi Design (2 min 22 sec)