SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:41 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
Here is a 30 second video of Michael and I landing his Extreme Flight 88" Extra 300 at our home. We flew it here for the first time last week and the runway is JUST big enough! The first landing is mine and the second is Michael's. What fun! This airplane is 4 1/2 years old and the airframe is holding up amazingly well! We lost a wheel pant in flight, but it will be back on soon. It's still got the original DA-50 and 4 of the original JR 8611a servos that I bought 2nd hand 5 years ago.
Can anyone say quality? !!!
88'' Extra landing at home (0 min 29 sec)
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:42 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarl Of Whirl View Post
Lol I'll be out preping my dog sled team.
Oh how I miss our 3 dry-warm-sunny-months a year. Mid July to Mid Oct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
lol
Nov 11..brrr cold!
Wimps and wusses, and cowards!

Here's some fun times, when we were still young.

3D December to Remember (4 min 34 sec)
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:50 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
Here is a 30 second video of Michael and I landing his Extreme Flight 88" Extra 300 at our home. We flew it here for the first time last week and the runway is JUST big enough! The first landing is mine and the second is Michael's. What fun! This airplane is 4 1/2 years old and the airframe is holding up amazingly well! We lost a wheel pant in flight, but it will be back on soon. It's still got the original DA-50 and 4 of the original JR 8611a servos that I bought 2nd hand 5 years ago.
Can anyone say quality? !!!
https://vimeo.com/53132364
Great touchdowns. Nice having your own flying field without noise restrictions. Thanks for sharing, you need to install a tail hook!
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:52 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
-and a net at the end of the runway right before the fence! LOL

Thanks bud! You need to come down and fly with us this winter! I flew thismorning and couldn't feel my thumbs, but still had a blast.
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:06 AM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
Wimps and wusses, and cowards!

Here's some fun times, when we were still young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfA8r...5&feature=plcp
Oh that's it! Nobody calls the earl of whirl a coward! I'm puttin on my mittens, long underwear, wool sweater, insulated boots, ski hat, down vest and arctic water/wind proof parka and 3d kickin your

Its on Flop! Bring it!

Name the time & place for the soon to be legendary 3D Mob Air War.

It appears that the best weather is on Sat. Nov 10th / 46 Degrees / Partly Cloudy / 10% Chance of Precip / 100% Chance of 3D Whoop

MAR/C or KARCS would be cool or perhaps Barn Owls indoor flying at Magnuson Community Center on Sat. I look forward to some fun, laughs & amazing 3D flying.
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Nov 09, 2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:49 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Go Earl!!
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:38 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,599 Posts
Dang, what a great reminder how amazing a video miester Chris is and just how much flying talent you guys have. Almost makes me want to go out and fly in the rain
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:26 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2012
175 Posts
[QUOTE=TheEarl Of Whirl;23222047]Correction Correction

There are actually two MAR/C meetings each month.
This month:
Board Meeting Nov 14th 7 to 9pm Digipen.
Members Meeting Nov 15th 7 to 9pm Lake Sam School Admin Building./QUOTE]

Ah thanks for straightening me out. I've edited my post accordingly. And thanks for getting stirred up! That's part of why I voted for you.
dand2k is offline Find More Posts by dand2k
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:30 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2012
175 Posts
Reminder: Barn Owls indoor flying at Magnuson Community Center Sat Nov 10, 6-10 pm.

In two weeks, I'll have this one ready. It's a 1960's Comet P-38 kit originally rubber band powered, but I'm converting it to electric. I expect it will come in under 200 grams flying weight including electronics and battery.
dand2k is offline Find More Posts by dand2k
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:03 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
You're probably right but I was disappointed when my TP failed (like turning off a switch at about 165A). So I pulled out a second one, charged it up and viola! same fracking thing, only this time the shrink tube stretched so I could that see that the 4mm bullet pulled away from the wire because the solder melted (4mm is too small to support the supposed 65C)! It was the link connection between the split packs so not only did replacing the 4mm with a 6mm bullet fix the problem I picked up another ~5% in amperage. Initally the Revolectix was dominating but after the change the TP came out on top (but not by much).
Say it with me fellas:

"CRIMP CONNECTORS"

Thank you
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:05 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarl Of Whirl View Post
Oh that's it! Nobody calls the earl of whirl a coward! I'm puttin on my mittens, long underwear, wool sweater, insulated boots, ski hat, down vest and arctic water/wind proof parka and 3d kickin your

Its on Flop! Bring it!

Name the time & place for the soon to be legendary 3D Mob Air War.

It appears that the best weather is on Sat. Nov 10th / 46 Degrees / Partly Cloudy / 10% Chance of Precip / 100% Chance of 3D Whoop

MAR/C or KARCS would be cool or perhaps Barn Owls indoor flying at Magnuson Community Center on Sat. I look forward to some fun, laughs & amazing 3D flying.
Hey, I've got clearance Clarence, I'm in too!
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:24 AM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dand2k View Post
Ah thanks for straightening me out. I've edited my post accordingly. And thanks for getting stirred up! That's part of why I voted for you.
Thanks for the vote. If by some miracle I am elected, I understand the difficulty and challenges of serving on the board. It will be no easy task, a ton of work, much patience, duration to build trust / respect and some time to create positive change.

I remain hopeful that the MAR/C board wants to play nice on Nov 14th
however I am prepared to rally a full out / full on media publicized revolution if they wish.

If you meet me in person don’t be deceived by my quite exterior & appearance of a meek demeanor. When I see non-repentant corruption, injustice or foul play I am an outlaw bounty hunter and I have already helped bring in a couple bad guys.
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Nov 09, 2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:24 AM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,010 Posts
Today and tomorrow looks great for flying . SUNDAY it may rain. Bring your gloves and nice hat.

45 / 39

Wind (mph):

3 mph NNW

4 mph East

Sunny

Time to winterize my boat and camper COLD COLD COLD tonight.
pro bro steve is offline Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Last edited by pro bro steve; Nov 09, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:58 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
Say it with me fellas:

"CRIMP CONNECTORS"

Thank you
You need to forward this post to Thunder Power. For a premier battery builder that's a pretty cheesy design error.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:04 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,599 Posts
I'm bringing my new Slick and some foul weather gear and gonna do a maiden on Saturday. Kody, are you going to be around?