SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2014, 08:01 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,688 Posts
Good going Barry. Those boats are super. Hope the camp ground has a lake you can sail in. You'll probably have a new home before you know it and get settled in with no problems. Good luck and keep in touch.
I moved into my camper back in '96 until I could get another home. I'm still here 18 years later and I love it. Pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:27 AM
Registered User/CLMYG
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2009
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
Is that a 42' Corvette on the starboard side of the Motor Yacht? If so, did you scale down the plans from the Sterling 48" kit, or are you doing your own design. Tim isn't the only one expecting (well, hoping for, anyway) some build information.

Pete G

P.S. Who would possibly be disappointed that you are still alive? Does St. Pete need some design and build work for his fleet up there?
Hi Pete,
Yes, that is the Sterling 42' Corvette, full size kit. The thing is, the Sterling Motor Yacht is not the normal size, it is a 54" version, scaled up from the kit.

Cheers, Barry
ClassicBoats is offline Find More Posts by ClassicBoats
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:33 AM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,635 Posts
Thanks, Barry. I forgot about the scale-up. Guess I should have gone back to the beginning to check. Still interested in the Corvette build -- especially the cabin exterior and interiors and what you are using for propulsion. From what I can tell from that photo, she is coming along splendidly!

Pete G
P_J_Glor is online now Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Aug 03, 2014, 03:10 PM
Registered User/CLMYG
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2009
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale View Post
Good going Barry. Those boats are super. Hope the camp ground has a lake you can sail in. You'll probably have a new home before you know it and get settled in with no problems. Good luck and keep in touch.
I moved into my camper back in '96 until I could get another home. I'm still here 18 years later and I love it. Pete
Thanks Pete,
As it happens the campground does have a lake, but unfortunately all my boats are now safely packed away in storage!

As for another house, I don't want to jinx things, but we've already got an accepted offer on a new place. We just have to get past the inspection and the legal stuff.

Just got past the Inspection, one more item left to clear then back to work, unpacking this time.

Cheers, Barry
ClassicBoats is offline Find More Posts by ClassicBoats
Last edited by ClassicBoats; Aug 05, 2014 at 06:43 PM.