New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 17, 2015, 07:19 AM
Find More Posts by bishopcopter
Joined May 2015
268 Posts
Discussion
extremely low range, new to fpv

as soon as i take off i start getting full snow in and out, i have normal CP antenna's and using the ilook on the FCC channel (200mw) and rc832 reciever, at first before i changed my channel on the ilook i was getting about 100m, i was on channel 1 (CE 25mw...) i was very unsatisfied with 100m so i have been going through hell trying to find out the problem, finally thought i figured it out when i saw that the channel i was on on the ilook was only 25mw... changed to channel 8 (200mw) and now cannot see anything as soon as i take off... what could be the problem? i have been led to believe with good CP antenna's @ 200mw clear line of site is more like 1km before full snow..
bishopcopter is offline Find More Posts by bishopcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2015, 08:49 AM
Joined May 2015
268 Posts
update: seems to be only happening when the props are spinning, i changed channel and frequency, went back out with the stock antenna/ the 4 leaf and the 3 leaf CP's, tried all with same results, signal is very strong if i walk 100M+ away from the quad while its not in the air, as soon as the props start spinning i start getting full snow in and out

using QRX350PRO with ilook built in 200mw FCC tx
Last edited by bishopcopter; Jun 17, 2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 09:32 AM
Find More Posts by waltr
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
6,618 Posts
LC filter the power to the video system.
waltr is online now Find More Posts by waltr
Old Jun 17, 2015, 09:53 AM
Joined May 2015
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
LC filter the power to the video system.
really? it was going 150m~ on my first flight... thought it was on channel 1 (25mw) changed it to 8 (200mw) and started having these problems
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by DanT
United States, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,727 Posts
Yep try a power filter .
You might test?
With separate battery for only FPV and then spin up motors ?
You could even take off props and test?
Good Luck
DanT
DanT is offline Find More Posts by DanT
Old Jun 17, 2015, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
7,093 Posts
I bought one of those RC832 receviers. Never worked worth a darn for me. The goggles receiver and RC305 worked better.

and yeah, need LC filter whenever using the flight lipo to power fpv. always
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Jun 17, 2015, 08:05 PM
Joined May 2015
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
I bought one of those RC832 receviers. Never worked worth a darn for me. The goggles receiver and RC305 worked better.

and yeah, need LC filter whenever using the flight lipo to power fpv. always
going to test again, different channel, different antenna's, will take props off and check if it loses signal when motors spinning, will be back with some results hopefully,
also why was i able to fly fine my first flight? i was losing it at about 150m which was aboslutely fine, it was a great fpv flight, i was unhappy with 150m so started looking at how to get more, that's when these problems showed up... but it deffintely didn't need a LC filter the first time... throttle had no affect on signal just range

also this is a FPV ready quad, it comes out of box FPV ready, linked to devo f7 screen... i never once had issues with it except range.... im pretty sure they covered the whole LC filter thing...
Last edited by bishopcopter; Jun 17, 2015 at 08:19 PM.