SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 21, 2014, 02:50 PM
Joined Dec 2013
185 Posts
Discussion
Bought 130x

Well I broke down and bought the 130x. Just flying it a lot on the sim seems to make me a better pilot on the 450. Moving the sticks more on the 130 and slow flight is difficult. I think it is going to help me progress on the 450. It is a quick little burger for sure. Makes you work I like that.
sprint11 is offline Find More Posts by sprint11
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2014, 07:30 PM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
394 Posts
I really enjoy flying my 130x. I bought mine when it was discounted but not officially discontinued yet. I paid a bit more than they were going for at the end but I still feel it was worth the price. I wish they had kept it around at a lower price when the 180x came out. I'm sure the 180x, from all of the reviews, is a much better heli and I'm equally sure that at some point I will simply have to buy one but the 130x is a good solid performer. Needs some maintenance and nowhere near as strong as my MCPX v2's but I didn't expect it to be.

I have the Red Bull 130x as well, completely different flying characteristics but I enjoy it as well. I bought that one before it was officially discontinued as well... hmmm maybe I should stay away from buying a 180x for awhile and give some people the chance to buy them lest they also become discontinued.

Enjoy your 130x. I'm sure horizon will have parts in stock for some time to come.

Jim
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
Old Dec 21, 2014, 08:58 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2014
92 Posts
I'm enjoying mine too. I'm a newbie who has finally overcome my fears and started forward flight with banked turns. I still have the occasional contact with the ground but many times, it's just pick it up and take off again.

I have found that one of the best upgrades is the Lynx TBSR boom with the third bearing. With that installed, there are no shakes whatsoever on spool up, plus there is no annoying rattle of the torque tube inside the boom.

With metal A,B, and C gears and the TBSR boom installed, I have found the 130x to be quite tough. Apart from the occasional D gear replacement, landing gear repair, and servo cleaning, it has been a fairly trouble free trainer for me.
Ben M is offline Find More Posts by Ben M
Old Dec 21, 2014, 09:51 PM
Joined Dec 2013
185 Posts
This is good to hear guys. I will start out stock and when time to replace things than will just upgrade if needed.
sprint11 is offline Find More Posts by sprint11