New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by BerenFishe
Joined Jul 2015
57 Posts
Originally Posted by vanardenne View Post
For two times now, my P2 dropped out of the sky and I can't figure out why that happened. The last time was just one minute after flying high over a valley so I got somewhat lucky that I didn't lose it. But I hate it that is is so unpredictable.

I've got the footage of both flights, maybe you guys can see / hear something to pinpoint what happened.

Background information:
- Both clips; compass dance right before flight, complete startup sequence with successfully completed both fast flashing green LED patterns. Latest DJI firmware for Phantom and battery.
- first clip: 22/11/14 - Location; Netherlands, sea level, full battery at start, lost control right after take off and fell down almost directly after start of flight. first generation smart battery
- second clip: 28/8/15 Location; Lombok - Indonesia, 2500m above sea level, battery 3/4 full at start (second flight), fell down 3 minutes after start of flight. second generation smart battery
Uh oh! Your Phantom 2 has caught the random battery failure disease. Have you been in close proximity to a Phantom 3 at all?

Seriously, have you been keeping your batteries fully charged for long periods of time so they'll be ready to fly without you having to charge them up first?

They hate that and can behave like you showed.

You need to store them at 50-60% then top them up you before you fly. If you've kept them charged, check them for puffing by seeing if you can squeeze the grey film section between the white plastic ribs, or if it is still flat and solid and with no give at all.. If puffy: they're knackered.
BerenFishe is online now Find More Posts by BerenFishe
to remove ads between posts