HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:56 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
O Daniel I'm sorry to hear that. My sympathy to the family. Was he a good friend to you?
Didn't know him well, had flown with him once and visited over the coffee pot a time or two
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:30 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Went to KFC to get a bucket of grilled chicken, after I ordered I realized I forgot my wallet!! I had to call my wife to bring me some money. Then I was going to pull into a spot to wait for her and I backed into a guy who was just coming around after placing his order!! No damage to his car but I now have to bolt indentations in my plastic bumper. Now I suppose the Saints will lose!! If that happens I refuse to maiden my new Sabre today!! All I have left to do is install the engine and tank and she's ready to go.
What do you guys think? Wait for another day?
dude, you just got beat by my chiefs. Hang your head in shame.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:57 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
dude, you just got beat by my chiefs. Hang your head in shame.
We will have our coach back next year pal!! Lol
But I am feeling pretty bad about being 0 and 3!!

Anybody got an OS 55 ax?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:05 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Daniel, sorry about your friend.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:12 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,397 Posts
Quote:
We will have our coach back next year pal!! Lol
But I am feeling pretty bad about being 0 and 3!!

Anybody got an OS 55 ax?
Buddy has a fairly new one on his H9 Tribute
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:22 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,135 Posts
Daniel sorry to hear about the loss of those guys. That is tragic.

Anyone who gets beat by the chiefs this year should hang their head...

Well... time to put my head down for another long week... fun fly on Sat. See you all next weekend
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:27 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Buddy has a fairly new one on his H9 Tribute
Wow! That thing must be a beast! Could you pull the prop hub off and see what is supposed to be in there? I can't find an exploded parts list that shows it!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:31 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Hey fellas.........nice pics!!! Looks like you both had a great time!

CRFan1........TOO WINDY!!!!!........... I can see rain as being an excuse, but unless it's over 40mph........wind ain't an excuse!!!!! "This thing is gonna RIP!" You want your plane to Rest in Pieces? If that plane of yours is gonna be fast......it would be that much faster with a 35mph tail wind!

See, now I have a legitimate excuse.....it's still raining here! So what do we do in the rain........we go DUCK HUNTING!!!! Yeah baby.......opening day tomorrow!!!! Can you say freeze your balls off? Hell yeah! It's cold, it's windy, and it's raining big time!.......No pink tutus in this neck of the woods! We rage against the weather....we don't bunch it and hang around home drinking tea and eating crumpets!

Kerwin, the leaves are near their peak in Ontonagon and we're getting a hellava lot of wind so I doubt there's going to be many leaves when this front is through! Waldo, might have some color up his way!

No flying to report, no building to report........maybe some pictures of dead waterfowl, tomorrow!
Lolol...snowman....come on, I just can't bring myself to maiden a new plane in 25mph plus winds, lolol I would RATHER go duck hunting I did go to the range and shoot some clays and about 200 rounds through the AR15 though.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,364 Posts
Wow! 200 rounds in a day? I'm lucky to get off 40! But, I'm developing loads and running every round through a chronograph and compiling the data as well. What are your groupings like? You should figure that any day is just as good as the next to crash....er, I mean maiden your plane! I hope you don't get so emotionally invested in your plane that you're just a fair weather flyer!

Daniel.....I'm sorry to hear about the tragic end of your friends.

Hey, didn't Waldo promise some video footage for us????

Kerwin, excellent save on the Green Machine! She's too young to leave this world yet! Your Tiger Moth was stuttering when I flew it up here over a month ago!!! Momma's going to have to spring for another!

Plow, just call Tower.......they will get you the part you need. Oh, and about that football thing....it's just a game...like checkers......or marbles.....(of course if you play for keeps........you could lose your marbles.......and then you'd have nothing to worry about!)

Damn wind is screwing up Fall fishing! The waves on Lake Superior are too big and lines just get washed up on shore!!! Damn!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:03 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Wow! That thing must be a beast! Could you pull the prop hub off and see what is supposed to be in there? I can't find an exploded parts list that shows it!
Page 38 Alan.
http://manuals.hobbico.com/osm/55ax-manual.pdf
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:07 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Lolol...snowman....come on, I just can't bring myself to maiden a new plane in 25mph plus winds, lolol I would RATHER go duck hunting I did go to the range and shoot some clays and about 200 rounds through the AR15 though.
Reminds me of the good-ol-days on the firing range. M-16, 45, M-60, 50 cal, M-14, LAWS rocket, grenade launcher, claymore mine, and my personal favorite - 155mm Howitzer!

I wish I was 18 again.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:16 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Sounds like a lot carnage over the weekend. We had a 100cc crash, I was not there. Then a 50cc broke a prop - not a big deal, a stick flew into the trees next to the runway and broke the wing in two, and another one had the wheels come off on landing and broke the tail.

I landed a dead stick and over-shot the end of the runway and over the road but no damage.

I don't remember any other problems.

Another friend had a 50cc that would not run right. He opened the carb and the screen was full of grey stuff. It had a complete kit put in it a couple of months ago. He does not know where the material is coming from. Anyway, cleaned it out and it ran well.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:18 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,397 Posts
Quote:
Let me know if you need, I can get some high res pictures
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:25 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Reminds me of the good-ol-days on the firing range. M-16, 45, M-60, 50 cal, M-14, LAWS rocket, grenade launcher, claymore mine, and my personal favorite - 155mm Howitzer!
Yeah, you military folks got to play will all the good stuff....at no cost to themselves!.........I had to make mine! Do you know how long I had to save for a 6 inch diameter 4' piece of steel of the quality that could withstand extreme bore pressures? (Twenty year-olds usually run through their cash pretty fast!) I did turn a little profit when I sold that beauty though.... my lathe skills improved as well.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:38 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowy thats a different tigermoth. It's the 400 tigermoth. The one you seen is the pico tigermoth.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50