HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
967 Posts
Just tried mine and I have a couple of questions if you may.
First, I noticed jello on my gopro while on ground with motor not working.
And second, the yaw motor follows but does it very slow.
Any cure for the above?
Thanks
teopbako is online now Find More Posts by teopbako
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
967 Posts
Found it.
Lowered Pitch Gain and Pitch Power.
Now only slow Yaw response is left.
Speed Set should fix that aswell
Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM
Joined Jan 2011
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako View Post
Now only slow Yaw response is left.
Speed setting should help, but the acceleration limitation setting can also affect it. This limits the speed of any axis movement by degrees per second. I've seen some ppl with this option enable and a setting like 5. This means the motors will only move by 5 degrees each second. You want this higher... settings like 1000 make no sense to me, since you'll doubtful have your gimbal spinning multiple time in any direction in 1 sec... but a setting of 50-90 works...

As far as jello, while it's technically an affect of rolling shutter, microvibrations bring it out. The vibrations can be in your craft or in the gimbal. If you put your finger on the gimbal motors while it looks like it's sitting still, and you feel vibrations, your PIDs are probably too aggressive, and the vibration from the gimbal motors may be giving you jello. However, it could also be vibrations in the craft/multiroter. Getting out those vibrations is more about balancing props, balancing motors, making sure the whole crafts is balanced and has good CoG, making sure that aren't any non-aerodynamic elements adding to vibration, etc..... Also, making sure the gimbal's vibration dampening is adequate (the DYS ships with a vibration dampening system, but some say its default rubber inserts aren't that great... I, however, seem to be getting pretty stable shoots with them).

Whats weird about your jello issue is you said earlier it happened on the ground, with no motors... so this is happening when you are not moving on the ground? If so, that is really weird.
CoreyNach is offline Find More Posts by CoreyNach
Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Joined Feb 2013
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balbs View Post
The GoPro 4 is rumored to have image stabilization. I wonder if\how that will translate to less shakes or jello.
Since the gopro uses Sony's sensor, and Sony's own action cam has image stabilization (AS-15, AS-30), I think we can assume the result will be somewhat similar.

I've found that the Sony stabilization is AMAZING. Better results than I get from software stabilization, HOWEVER, it does poorly for micro vibrations. So it would work well for footage from your helmet, car, boat, etc, but on a multicopter, it didn't help at all.
mysql101 is online now Find More Posts by mysql101
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyNach View Post
Whats weird about your jello issue is you said earlier it happened on the ground, with no motors... so this is happening when you are not moving on the ground? If so, that is really weird.
Exactly.
And I felt the motors buzzing while standing still.
I lowered Pitch a Power and Gain and the jello stopped.

Regarding the slow Yaw reaction, I dialed up the Speed but nothing changed.
I will try later what you suggested.
Old Today, 02:48 AM
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
Hi, im totolly new with gimbals. I got the Dys gimbal, and on my first try i think its a bit jerky sometimes. You can see in the video after 1.30m , it was a little bit windy that day but dont think it should matter for the gimbal. At about 1.44m in the video it feels so wobbly.
I have rubber dampers on the gimbal board.

Your expertise maybe can see some errors? or just tips for the settings that maybe wrong.

GOPR0007 (2 min 12 sec)
drgregur is offline Find More Posts by drgregur
Old Today, 07:27 AM
Joined Feb 2013
628 Posts
Just setup my DYS gimbal. Here's the maiden.

My Tarot T-2D died on me, so I replaced the DYS balls with the ones from the Tarot. I did the basic configuration and setup, but there is some horizon drift. Does that mean I just need to add some additional P? Anyone spot any other issues?

dys 3 axis gimbal test (1 min 54 sec)

Edit: Some notes:

1. One of the axis the power can't go above 62 or the motor buzzes.

2. I took off the rear plate from the tarot gimbal and hot glued it to the rear of the DYS. That way the gopro strap doesn't harm the wiring.
mysql101 is online now Find More Posts by mysql101
Last edited by mysql101; Today at 08:22 AM.