New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2016, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by flyncrazy
United States, TX, Tool
Joined Nov 2006
48 Posts
Discussion
Ling-Temco Vought TT1 Super Pinto

hi, here's a few pictures of the Ling-Temco Vought TT1 Super Pinto! I just found out about these on youtube the other day. I only live 70 miles from where the plant is (its still there) where they were built. I am no designer. I sure wish someone that loves old school Jets would draw up a set of plans say 65/90 size or electric. just look at it, it's awesome! thanks for looking and God Bless*****

Gary Troutman
flyncrazy is online now Find More Posts by flyncrazy
Last edited by flyncrazy; May 13, 2016 at 11:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2016, 01:32 PM
Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
23,629 Posts
these are some sweet little jets...saw two fly at chino a few years back .....well maybe 15-20 years would make a large 90mm jet for sure .you would have to draw up the inlets and exhaust and scale the airframe to that .
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old May 12, 2016, 05:11 PM
United States, TX, Tool
Joined Nov 2006
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
these are some sweet little jets...saw two fly at chino a few years back .....well maybe 15-20 years would make a large 90mm jet for sure .you would have to draw up the inlets and exhaust and scale the airframe to that .

hi there, thank you, I have a file for a jetex powered one with a 30"WS. could you enlarge them Sir? I have heard a lot about you and your great work on your Jet intake inlet designs. I thank you for your input Sir and I feel honored to have you respond to a post I put up. I have the wing panels built for the Force 10 Jet kit I got from Bob Ruff. ill post pictures as I go along on this build up on RCGs. plus I'm writing a instruction manual, the first step I think you should start at and the steps to build and reinforce it in some areas to help others that might be interested in building one. plus the first flight and all flight videos. I don't do anything in my RC without videoing it!

all the best*****

Gary
Last edited by flyncrazy; May 14, 2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old May 12, 2016, 05:41 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
23,629 Posts
I have no way to enlarge the plans but im sure some one on here could do it . im thinking a 90mm powered plane would be a big one like maybe 1/5 scale or maybe even 1/4 scale if you let the exhust pipe size be your guide. by the looks of it I may have some ducts that would work ...if you could get that drawing enlarge some how that would be a great start.
Last edited by AIR SALLY; May 12, 2016 at 05:48 PM.
Old May 12, 2016, 09:00 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
23,629 Posts
some vids on youtube ...and a guy was building one in R/C universe ... but thread end before it flew wonder if someone over there has plans.
Old May 12, 2016, 11:20 PM
United States, TX, Tool
Joined Nov 2006
48 Posts
Quote:
some vids on youtube ...and a guy was building one in R/C universe ... but thread end before it flew wonder if someone over there has plans.
yes theses a guy from Ky that has the molds/ plugs for a giant scale glass one. he wants someone to make him a kit and said he give them the molds/plus ect..... do you know where id find that thread on RCU Sir? I got glass wing tanks/ exhaust nosile/ and missiles for the force 10 free. they wing tanks were for a JHH F4 , the exhaust nosile was for a SR71, I dont know what the missles were for, but all this stuff was free. or else I was going to make them out of balsa wood. id crap if I could find a set of turbax size plans for the Pinto Jet. if it wasn't for Bob Ruff helping me id still be struggling to get a good glow DF jet. he wants to sell a jet kit he has for $250.00 and id flip out if I could get that one. its slow going DF jet wise, but it always has for me. but they really do mean alot to me when I do get one! I can fly a rock, I been flying RC over 36 yrs. I was truly blessed to have a few glow DF jets in the 80s, but the memory's I have of having and flying them, I would not trade for anything, so I'm going to try my best to do them again and share it with anyone that wants to watch! Sir, I'm so proud to have this Jet kit. lol.....

thank you Sir*****

Gary
Last edited by flyncrazy; May 13, 2016 at 11:06 AM.
Old May 13, 2016, 02:34 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
23,629 Posts
If the guy would send me the molds I'd lay one up for him.
Old May 13, 2016, 02:36 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
23,629 Posts
Goggle LTV TT-1 on youtube and I saw a post for rcu.
Old May 13, 2016, 10:23 AM
United States, TX, Tool
Joined Nov 2006
48 Posts
Quote:
If the guy would send me the molds I'd lay one up for him.

hi my friend, ill get a hold of him and hook yall up! ill get a hold of him today on youtube. I also got his phone #. all the best my friend,

Gary
Old May 13, 2016, 08:21 PM
Find More Posts by gbmoore
Colorado Springs, Co
Joined May 2002
110 Posts
If those molds are available - it would be nice.
The one on RCU was taken over in order to finish it by B1-Bob - and it crashed on it's maiden.
If I hadn't had 8+ inches of water in my basement last June, my MW54 sized, 72" version would be flying this summer ........ but water and paper don't do well other than as paper-mache .......
Blowing up the Jetx plans is not super good. Mark Frankel wrote a book on the Pinto, and has some much more accurate drawings in it, additionally, Bob Banca (sp?) has several drawings in his catalog.
My plans were 1) blown up from Marks drawings to fit an 8.5 x 11 sheet. 2) Lines cleaned up and enlarged to 24". Re-traced and cleaned up then blown up to 72 inches. The additional steps gave some really nice lines to work with ........ BLAST!!!! (and 13 other curse words )
For 90mm with a 75-ish mm exhaust, it will be a BIG airplane and as Roger said - inlets are going to have to be enlarged (even from the Super Pinto).
Would be interested in knowing about the molds and a larger version!

Greg
gbmoore is offline Find More Posts by gbmoore
Old May 13, 2016, 08:45 PM
United States, TX, Tool
Joined Nov 2006
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmoore View Post
If those molds are available - it would be nice.
The one on RCU was taken over in order to finish it by B1-Bob - and it crashed on it's maiden.
If I hadn't had 8+ inches of water in my basement last June, my MW54 sized, 72" version would be flying this summer ........ but water and paper don't do well other than as paper-mache .......
Blowing up the Jetx plans is not super good. Mark Frankel wrote a book on the Pinto, and has some much more accurate drawings in it, additionally, Bob Banca (sp?) has several drawings in his catalog.
My plans were 1) blown up from Marks drawings to fit an 8.5 x 11 sheet. 2) Lines cleaned up and enlarged to 24". Re-traced and cleaned up then blown up to 72 inches. The additional steps gave some really nice lines to work with ........ BLAST!!!! (and 13 other curse words )
For 90mm with a 75-ish mm exhaust, it will be a BIG airplane and as Roger said - inlets are going to have to be enlarged (even from the Super Pinto).
Would be interested in knowing about the molds and a larger version!

Greg
hi Greg, I have already talked to Rodger about them. as I said I can get all the things to make kits of the pinto. id love to have one of them for putting together a deal with Rodger. ill have to see what he what happens about it. Greg was yours built up wood, that's what it sounds like. where are you at as far as being able to get a kit cut of one Sir? I see you love the Pinto too. it's a awesome looking Jet! me myself I don't care if its scale or not, as long as it looks like one. I have a neat article about them I'm going to post on this discussion. I would just love one I could put a Byron DF unit in the most, my next best want, would be a 127MM DF. ill be up on here as much as possible Sir.

all the best*****

Gary Troutman (flyncrazy)
Old May 14, 2016, 12:46 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
23,629 Posts
Gary call me now going to be busy this afternoon with grand sons baseball game s.
Old May 14, 2016, 04:06 PM
Find More Posts by Rich Uravitch
Florida
Joined Sep 2001
414 Posts
I drew this up a couple of years ago, have added bits since then but got sidetracked (like lots of us) with other projects. Someday....maybe...
90mm EDF.

Rich
Rich Uravitch is offline Find More Posts by Rich Uravitch
Old May 14, 2016, 05:19 PM
United States, TX, Tool
Joined Nov 2006
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Uravitch View Post
I drew this up a couple of years ago, have added bits since then but got sidetracked (like lots of us) with other projects. Someday....maybe...
90mm EDF.

Rich
Rich, thats awesome Sir. can I get you to stop what your doing now and get back to work on the Pinto again! lol.....

I met you in Ft Worth Tx at the greater SW fan fly in either 1984 or 85, at Kennith Copeland field. I met a bunch of the innovators of practical glow DF Jet aircraft! Tom Cook, Steve Korney, Bob Kress, Nick Ziroli, Col Bob Thacker, Ed Couch is a friend of mine, hes the one standing next to you in the awards picture. (Co Director of that event) he has a blimp company now. I had 2 Ziroli scratch built Jets. the F4 and the Saab Viggen. with RK740 fans and OS 46VRDFs. the F4 design was awesome. you remember the SW Airlines Boeing 737? it was the blue and orange! you remember that Joke fan> the Force 1? no thrust and just a big see though piece of plastic, lol..... and Mark Frankel and his F4D Skyray? do you remember Steve Korney running faster than Bob Violet's Jets with his Jet and DF unit, I don't remember what Steve's Jet was called? I loved Steve's pusher DF unit, it was a step above the Byron fan. I can't believe you posted to the discussion I started Sir! Rich, I'm honored to have you post to this discussion I started. also, I been flying RC aircraft for over 36 yrs. I have over 1000 videos, most of me and my son Buzz flying in Gun Barrel City Texas.
youtube channell> Gary Flymore

nice drawings though, I just wish I knew someone that could generate a set of plans off your drawings to wood, do you know anyone that would Rich?
again Sir, please get back on that Pinto for a poor ole buckaroo***** lol..... P.S. I was sporting a mullet hair cut back in the day, and Elvis side burns! but I did not wear them short shorts of the time!

all the best to you Sir*****

Gary (flyncrazy)
Last edited by flyncrazy; May 16, 2016 at 09:28 AM. Reason: wording
Old May 15, 2016, 01:54 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
23,629 Posts
Gary great to talk to you today.