HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2014, 09:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,472 Posts
Rave
HK Discovery Buzzer

If it weren't for HK's $3.00 Discovery Buzzer that I just put on my fpv equipped 450 this past week I would no longer have it.

It was out at about 120 yards yesterday when I lost control and it went over a hill and out of sight. I turned on the buzzer and went looking for it. I couldn't hear the buzzer and was looking in the wrong place. (My hearing is shot from a lifetime of shooting.)

My wife came to help me look for it and heard the buzzer in another area from an honest to goodness 60 or 70 yards away.

The area where it went down is wooded with high underbrush. Without that buzzer I never would have found it.

Guys, get one of these on your heli: you won't regret it. I'm going to order several more myself.

Oh yeah, I found out that the reason that I lost control of my heli was that the tail slider came apart.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:18 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Dec 2013
231 Posts
yep, that's a great tool to have on board.
i found my lost V912 in a similar fashion.
no buzzer, but a really quite area with heavy overgrowth.
I was able to tap my throttle and heard the thing flapping around in the bushes.
a proper buzzer would have saved me an hour searching.
pdooley is offline Find More Posts by pdooley