HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:50 AM
"He's hot in the center!"
Halfway, MO
Joined Jul 2003
220 Posts
Discussion
Pulsar F2 2m

I bought the 2 meter Pulsar G2 from SUSA for club contests and something to fly at the Nats. Does anyone have any info regarding set up? I haven't been able to find much written about the model.

It's a beautiful model. Very clean and well built. I can't wait to give it a toss.

AdamQ
AdamQuennoz is offline Find More Posts by AdamQuennoz
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:46 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,435 Posts
I was eye-balling that on the website as well.
But I have threatened to build my own bagged wing 2M...

Post your findings.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Mar 23, 2014, 01:12 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,435 Posts
Is the ballast tube accessible through the canopy opening? OR under the wing?

R,
Target
Old Apr 28, 2014, 04:51 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined May 2004
1,514 Posts
I just hit the order button on one as well! I love the look of carbon fiber and transparent covering mixed together, and I've been eying the 3.2M pro version but it's a bit out of my price range. This 2M version looks like a good combination of light lift performance or a capable hand-launch glider in heavy lift situations(which we are blessed with here in southern AZ).
I have seen three versions of this 2M glider at least, so far - this one, an original version, and the pro version. Only difference I see between this and the pro version is I don't see the ballast tube option, and the description indicates that the flaps are operated by possibly one servo? Guess I'll find out in a few days!
Bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by Bodywerks
Old Apr 28, 2014, 06:12 AM
"He's hot in the center!"
Halfway, MO
Joined Jul 2003
220 Posts
The one I received has 2 servo flaps and ballast tube. You better order a small tow hook as it doesn't come with one.

I haven't made it very far in the assembly.

My observations find that the elevator pushrod binds in the stab pylon due to the sharp bend it makes as it exits. I switched the metal pushrod for carbon since it is "slicker". That seems to make it better.
There are three pairs of control horns. I haven't found a website or any graphic that shows which control horns go to what surface. Of course no instructions come with the model.

The models is stunning in its construction. Very clean.

AdamQ
AdamQuennoz is offline Find More Posts by AdamQuennoz
Old Apr 28, 2014, 07:36 PM
Joined May 2004
1,514 Posts
You know what I noticed? When you go to the soaringusa site and click on the pulsar g2, the web address says pulsar pro...I wonder if we got the pro version? If so it's $30 cheaper than elsewhere.
On the horns, if they are three different lengths, I'd say the longest go to the ailerons, the medium go to the tail, and shortest go to flaps.
What servos are you going with? I have a couple hs65hb's that I'd like to put to use, just not sure where. All others will be digital, just not sure which yet...
Old May 02, 2014, 02:22 AM
Joined May 2004
1,514 Posts
Man you are right, this is one sexy beast! I had it shipped to my work because of direct signature required and just had to mock it up. Fit and finish is astounding! Love the red fuse pod vs the advertised white. Also, on the control horns, pretty easy to figure out. Two of them have smaller rod holes, those are the tail horns. Of the remaining horns, the two taller ones are flap(need to be for 90 degrees travel, and lower forward corner has to be on hinge line - this will put the linkage hole about 3/32 forward of hinge line, which is fine) and shorter ones ailerons. Can't wait to get started on this!
Last edited by Bodywerks; May 02, 2014 at 02:50 AM.
Old May 06, 2014, 07:51 PM
Joined May 2004
1,514 Posts
Glider is coming along nicely. Mocked up weight is showing only 18 ounces for everything but the tow hook!
Old May 06, 2014, 07:55 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,435 Posts
Really? Is that without or with the cg set?
If so, that is crazy light, maybe even too light for any amount of wind ...
Old May 06, 2014, 10:12 PM
Joined May 2004
1,514 Posts
That's with an 800mah 7.4 Lipo and probably 2 ounces of lead up front. I'm sure once it's all said and done it'll be 20-21 ounces.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 06:09 PM
electromaniac
pittsburgh
Joined Oct 2004
603 Posts
Im bumping this thread ....... I just bought one and checking to see how many others have it and maybe get some flight reports.
elcamino is offline Find More Posts by elcamino
Old Jun 15, 2014, 06:16 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,435 Posts
I know, right?
All I hear is crickets chirping!

R,
Target, debating on building or buying 2M for contest use....
Old Jun 16, 2014, 07:41 AM
Joined May 2004
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcamino View Post
Im bumping this thread ....... I just bought one and checking to see how many others have it and maybe get some flight reports.
I have one. It's a gorgeous sailplane. it indicates lift very well and penetrates quite well even at only 21 ounces. I'm just using a high start to get mine up, but have no problem specking it out from a relatively low launch.
all I can recommend is get it done fast so you can enjoy it sooner!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:45 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,435 Posts
BW-
How about some gear info of what fit in there and CG info?
Pics if you have any of the install would be great, as would any peculiarities experienced during the gear install, if its not much trouble.

R,
Target
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:47 PM
electromaniac
pittsburgh
Joined Oct 2004
603 Posts
Thanks for the report must not be many of them out there . Ill have mine this week and will be using a high start and a wench from time to time to launch mine .
elcamino is offline Find More Posts by elcamino